“Lovely hotel, fabulous location and excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill

You added Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Portman Square, London W1H 7BH, England (Marylebone)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #194 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Southport
“Lovely hotel, fabulous location and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just stayed for one night for my birthday.

On arrival into room, we found it to be spacious, well equipped and immaculately clean.

We were off to the theatre that night and didn't dine there but enjoyed complimentary drinks, canapes and nibbles in the executive lounge from 5.30pm which was a lovely touch!

On arrival back to our room that evening, the beds were turned down and there was a bottle of bubbly and a birthday cake left for me.

Breakfast was excellent next morning.

The hotel is large, stylish, cosmopolitan, fantastically placed overlooking Portman Square (2 minutes walk from Selfridges) and without doubt we'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms from the 7th floor upwards allow entry to the executive lounge ... well worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HyattRegencyLondon, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you very much. It was a pleasure to read your feedback about your recent stay with us. Our philosophy is to exceed our guests’ expectations and I am happy to read that you chose us as your Birthday hotel. Furthermore, I am happy that you enjoyed our Regency Club to the fullest, we are very proud of our Club offering.

We hope to welcome you more often at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill.

Michael J. Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
somewhere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Location is perfect. It is very close to Oxford street 1-2 blocks. The rooms are nice in size. We didn't eat there as there were so many good eating places close by. The staff was nice and courteous. There was some construction going on in the front when we visited in April, so that caused a bit hassled getting in and out specially during rain, but other than that it was very nice. Our room was far away from construction, so it didn't bother us much.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Many thanks for your compliments towards the hotel and our team, we are happy to hear that your stay was a pleasant one. We will pass your kind words to our entire team. We look forward to welcoming you soon to our Montagu Restaurant or our brand new Churchill Bar & Terrace.

We look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here a few times when I am out with mates. It is centrally located and you can get to most places with a short taxi ride. The breakfast is great in the morning. Can comment on the restaurant in the evening as we are always out in bars or restaurants. The rooms are good quality.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thanks a lot for your kind feedback and we appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill. We are proud of our fantastic West end location and easy access to all areas within London. We hope during your next visit, we are able to welcome you at our brand new Churchill Bar and Terrace which opened in November.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and were very pleased. We arrived around noon on a Saturday and were able to check in right away. Throughout our stay, the hotel was busy, but the staff was welcoming and helpful. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and modern. Our room overlooked the small park. As a Hyatt platinum member, we were given complimentary (fast) internet access. The hotel is located close to Oxford Street, which is convenient for shopping. We ordered room service twice and would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your great comments. It was a pleasure to read your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay to the fullest.

We hope you will visit again soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here on points right after my fiance and I got engaged. Upgraded to a suite with a bottle of champagne and a congratulatory cake waiting for us. Wonderful staff, wonderful hotel, wonderful location, wonderful city! Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattRegencyLondon, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
First of all congratulations to your engagement again! We really appreciated that you choose our hotel to celebrate this great event and we are delighted that you enjoyed our surprise to you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon as Mr & Mrs.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My boyfriend arrived a day before I did for work and I followed shortly after and decided to take a shuttle from the airport to the Marble Arch bus stop which I was told was near the Hotel and only cost 13 pounds from Luton airport. Well it sure was and to be specific this hotel is close to 2 metro stops (Marble Arch and Bond Street) and the 48 hour hop on hop off tour bus starting point. I was in tourist paradise!

The room was very modern and we stayed in 732 which overlooked the park.

I'm embarrassed to say that I had a preconceived notion that the locals may be a bit cold and stand offish but am so happy to say how wrong I was. Every employee and local we encountered were so friendly and full of advice on what to do and see in the city. One thing that really impressed me was that in my rush to pack I somehow managed to forget my charger for my ipad. The great thing is that they offer charging stations in the lobby where you can just walk up and plug in for a quick boost. I tried the docking station on my second night but my ipad seemed a bit finicky and I was approached by an employee named Waris who noticed I was having some trouble and came over to help. He too found that it wasn't working and told me he would get a wall charger for me and returned 5 minutes later and while I had a glass of wine and an appetizer my ipad charged.

Well the next day I returned again and asked another employee for the wall charger for the ipad and they gave me a funny look and told me that Waris was there and could help me again. When I asked him why the other employee didn't know where the wall charger was he told me that he had run down to his locker and gotten his personal charger for me to use and asked me to wait 5 minutes so he could grab it again. I just thought that was really going above and beyond!!!

Our stay there was fantastic and we really enjoyed being so close to metro stations, parks, shopping and there's even shisha restaurants 2 streets over that made this so much fun for us.

Room Tip: 732 overlooks the park across the street
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the entire team of the hotel and myself, I would like to thank you for the great comments, I am happy to hear that we succeeded in making your visit ‘incredible’. Furthermore I will pass on your kind comments to Waris.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill soon.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We booked the club level for a week-end with the family and it has proven a very good choice. We arrived early and as the rooms were not yet available they kindly invited us for a breakfast. Check-in personnel were extremely caring and made sure we got the requested communicating rooms for the family. Rooms are the usual Hyatt standard, not so exciting but quiet, very comfortable and with all needed amenities. For a shopping w-e in London, the hotel is ideally located, a few meters away from Selfridges and 10 minutes walk to Regent street. Doorman and concierge were very helpful and have a lot of good tips for shopping and eating. A great place in London!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind compliments. It is great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay in our Regency Club rooms. It was a pleasure to have you and your family with us and we hope to welcome you back soon to The Churchill.

Michael J. Gray

Been to Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill? Share your experiences!