“Bargain London Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Britannia International Hotel

You added Britannia International Hotel to your Saves list
Britannia International Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   163 Marsh Wall | Docklands, London E14 9SJ, England (Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs)   |
Ranked #674 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Bargain London Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I had low expectations of this hotel, very cheap and just off Canary Wharf. I was very pleasently surprised, on arrival I found the car park both easy to find and with plenty of spaces, I was upgraded at reception, and the room was huge, clean and with a fantaic view. Location-wise, it was ideal for getting to the o2 where I was working and there was no fuss with checking in and checking out. The decor is a touch shabby, the lifts are a bit dated and the whole place could be updated, but then it probably wouldn't have cost me £60.

Room Tip: The 11th floor has large rooms with fantastic views; 1149 is on the corner.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ManagerInternational, Manager at Britannia International Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Sam P,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team here are committed to ensuring all our guest are comfortable during their stay and received the best possible service. Your feedback is very important to us and is very much appreciated; our team will be thrilled to receive it. Thanks for your review it will be a pleasure to welcoming you back in future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

never again, this hotel is terrible, this is my first bad review but the room i was given was so small I am compelled to comment, I paid over €120/night, a box room with a single bed with a bathroom that thad a leaky roof, every time I complained I was told that i could only change to a smoking room that "might" smell strongly!!

Dear Daniel2964,

Our team here are committed to ensuring all our guest are comfortable during their stay and received the best possible service. Your feedback is very important to us.

In regards to Single Room, it is Standard Single Economy Room, which was booked by you. We generally upgrade the Guest to Twin or Double Standard Room, but when the Hotel is fully occupied, we give the Guest Single Economy Room (Which they have booked).

I am concerned that you have taken away a less than favourable impression of the International Hotel as a result of the above and I am anxious to redeem our reputation in your eyes. With this in mind, I would be grateful if on the next occasion you require accommodation in London you make your booking through this office so that I may personally attend to the details on your behalf. Please do not hesitate to contact me on siddharth.mahajan@britanniahotels.com

Barry, South Wales Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Booked the Britannia for the location to the 02 and if I'm honest, the price was right, having booked through Laterooms.com.
What a lovely surprise, the hotel is quite spectacular, the staff are very friendly, and nothing was too much trouble.
The location is ideal both for the underground and the DRL.
Couldnt believe how reasonable the food and drinks were in the hotel, I was expecting it to be really expensive, what an added bonus.
Would highly recommend staying here for the night, and hopefully we will be going back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear sheila5942,

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just returned from a four day long weekend in London, staying at the Britannia International. After reading some of the reviews on this sight we were generally wondering what to expect. I won't say we were pleasantly surprised, but we weren't as disappointed as we could have been! We had need to change our room though, owing to excessive noise from the air conditioning apparatus outside. We were allocated a room two floors higher up and on the other side of the hotel, which didn't have air conditioning noise, but did have noise from the Docklands Light Railway, running, it seemed, until nearly midnight and beginning again very early next morning. Apart from the noisy rooms, the buffet breakfast was good, and the carvery dinner was acceptable. The hotel does need refurbishment. It has known better days. The Docklands is a commercial area, of course, with plenty of bars, restaurants,and attractive quays, and has easy access to the centre of London. All in all we enjoyed our long London weekend. Would we stay at the Britannia International again? Probably not.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms in this hotel seem to be at a premium. If it's not noise from A/C units, then it...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Patricia B ,

Thank you very much for posting your comments on the Trip advisor Website.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us.

We are continuously redecorating within the hotel and regularly upgrade our product; I regret that the room you have been allocated did not reflect this and I have asked our maintenance team to look into the points you raised.

I am glad to know that you did like the quality of our English Breakfast.

I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations and I am concerned that you have taken away a less than favourable impression of the International Hotel as a result.

Naturally we are keen to redeem our reputation and with this in mind may I kindly request that you contact me personally on siddharth.mahajan@britanniahotels.com.
Kind regards,

Markfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Good points: free wireless in bedrooms, close to DLR, close to the O2 Arena, very close to London City Airport, much cheaper than city centre locations

Bad points: Needs a lick of paint, staff need a happiness training session, beds need changing

Dear amwsemc,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team here are committed to ensuring all our guest are comfortable during their stay and received the best possible service. Your feedback is very important to us and is very much appreciated.

Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Good location but pretty average standards it's seen better days and the rooms could be better fitted out but as a stop over its above average for the price to be fair and very handy for canary wharf and the bars round there

• Stayed October 2012
Dear mittyfamily,

On behalf of all the staff of the International Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to post these positive comments about your recent stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With kind regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Really e enjoyed room service food excellent one night we could hear a football match obviously been watched by 6 + males which disturbed our sleep night porter came straight away gave us a fresh room can't get better than that will be coming again thank u

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dawn320,

Operations Manager

Been to Britannia International Hotel? Share your experiences!