“Terrific Central London Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Pepys Street, London EC3N 4AF, England (Formerly Mint Hotel Tower of London)   |
Special Offer
Save 20% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #158 of 1,066 Hotels in London
West Yorks, UK
“Terrific Central London Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here Sat 20th - Mon 22nd April for the London Marathon. Booked via Booking.com. £258 for 2 nights - not bad for central London & cheaper than our Mercure base in Southwark last year. Hotel is modern, clean and very pleasant to be in and around. Great location right by Tower tube station & the Tower of London. Rooms not huge but OK for a weekend. Well equipped ( Applemac in room instead of TV & free WiFi - a nice touch). Bathrooms clean, modern with shower ( no bath). No views ( high buildings all around). As ever its the staff that make or break a place & this team were top notch. Great service & pleasant with it. The hotel made a lot of effort to accomodate Marathon Runners ( special menus, early breakfasts etc)Had a meal in the cafe restaurant on Sunday evening - special offer with 2 glasses of wine free £55 for two. Excellent food & service. There is a stunning roof top bar on the 12th floor with very special views over the Tower, Tower Bridge & the Shard etc. Great place to unwind - but be warned, £10 for a medium glass of so so red wine !! Fortunately a free glass of champers for my wife on production of finishers medal helped the pain !
Dont think you could go far wrong here for location, service, smart environment & all round feel good experience. Acid test - would we go back? Absolutely !

Room Tip: You can upgrade to an Exec room for £40 / night to include Breakfast, Robes etc. The standard rooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I spent 5 nights here over a busy weekend (London Marathon). At first I was not happy, but on request they changed my room and I came to like the place. The good things include The Natural Kitchen cafe which adjoins the hotel, the neatly designed rooms, the location, and the rooftop bar which has really good views.
Initially I was put in a room overlooking Pepys St at the front. The room was large but soul less, had no view and some street noise. On request they moved me and I had an interior room looking into the central atrium. This suited me fine. It was a bit like Rear Window, you could often see into the rooms and corridors opposite.
The room was quiet, had an opening window, was compact but well designed and fine for 1 person, although it might get a little cramped for 2.
The location is right by the Tower Hill tube station, and an easy walk to Tower Bridge, the Tower of London, and accessible to that part of The City.
The service was friendly and helpful and responsive.

Room Tip: I actually preferred the internal rooms facing the atrium.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Beverly, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the DoubleTree Tower of London for 7 nights while visiting London. The hotel is perfectly situated near the Tower Hill underground station (5 minute walk, if that), and is close to several small restaurants and pubs. Across from the Tower Hill station is the Tower of London, with a few shops and restaurants as well. I could repeat everything that others have said about the great rooms, location, etc., but I think what really sets this hotel apart is the staff. From the moment I walked through the door, the staff went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as it could be. The woman at the front desk seemed surprised that I would expect anything less than an early check in (12:00) when I arrived. While the view from my 9th floor executive room wasn't bad, I called to ask if there were any rooms on the other side of the hotel with a view of the Tower Bridge/Tower of London. No problem - they would have a room ready when I returned from a few hours of sightseeing. I stopped by guest services to ask about a store nearby to buy a cheap cell phone charger after leaving mine at home. No need - I could borrow one for the duration of my stay. The first night, the temperature in the room was quite warm. The next morning, I stopped at the front desk to ask if it could be adjusted. By the time I returned a few hours later, the air conditioning was working perfectly. The complimentary mini-bar was kept stocked every day. The waiter at breakfast learned my drink preference on my first visit (cranberry juice with ice), and asked if that's what I wanted each morning when I arrived. Overall, just a great place to stay, with staff that go out of their way to make you feel welcome and to accomodate any requests. It's a little away from the bustle of downtown London, and has a great neighborhood feel. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are great (try an e-standby upgrade if you don't want to pay the full price to u...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Northern Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed at this property for a long weekend (Sat-Tue), and from the minute we checked in, everything about our stay was wonderful. The staff were all very attentive and kind, which is especially appreciated when traveling with children. Location was great for seeing London-we took boats from the Tower Bridge Pier to get around, which was convenient and which the kids really liked. Breakfast was so good, and Greg and the other managers and staff went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed. The rooms were very clean, the beds were cozy , and we didn't want to leave. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear ‘Jenny W’

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay at DoubleTree Tower of London for a getaway with your family. Getting around by boat can be such great fun and I’m pleased our location had helped you to enjoy this and enabled you to see the sights.

Thank you for mentioning that Greg and the City Café restaurant team had ensured you had everything you needed at breakfast and that your room had been comfortable, we often welcome family’s to the hotel during weekends and holiday periods and anything we can do to help make your experience a seamless process is always a pleasure.

If ever myself or our team can be if any further help please do not hesitate to get in touch,

Warmest regards
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stay here for 6 night when I was in London for business planning. The hotel was alright and nothing special. The staff sometimes were not very helpful sometimes and sent me the conflict message. The house keeping is very basic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had a great stay at this hotel. Didnt really use it for anything other than a base as I had a party up the road, but it was clean fresh & comfortable, had everything we needed, even if drinks are pretty pricey!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear ‘Gemma S’,

Thank you for visiting even if this was brief! I hope you had enjoyed your evening and you would be inclined to stay with us again.

We do appreciate that bar prices in Skylounge are higher than you may expect compared to other bars. We do however feel this is in line with other similar venues and I hope the experience had overall been positive.

Do let us know if there is anything we can assist you with at this time,

Kind regards
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

It is really hard to know where to stay when coming to London. The whole town seems overpriced. This hotel is no exception. We've stayed at many DoubleTrees over the years and this one fits the bill. It is clean, quiet, and a nice place to stay. The view from the Skybar is amazing. The problem was that we had to deal with the house music..... boom, boom, boom. Other than that, we'd enjoy coming back again and would definitely recommend it to others.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear ‘Kristin K’

Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the DoubleTree by Hilton brand!
I’m very sorry however that you could hear music coming from Skylounge during your stay and if ever we are made aware that this has disturbed any of our guests we will immediately reduce the volume. That being said we do carefully check whether noise could pose as an issue however I’m very sorry we had failed to correctly adjust this on the night in question.

It is great to know that you would still like to return and you would not hesitate to recommend us to others which we really appreciate.

Thank you again for your feedback and do let us know if we can be of any help in the future,

Kind regards
Amy

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London? Share your experiences!