You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Pepys Street, London EC3N 4AF, England (Formerly Mint Hotel Tower of London) (City of London)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 25%
Ranked #175 of 1,052 Hotels in London
Chania
“Nice...but!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Like Sarah I (previous review). We arrived at this hotel and booked in for just one night, as we were travelling on to another hotel the following day. We too were told that we would have a room with a lovely view....only to find that we were facing wall to wall scaffolding covered in white sheeting! We had been travelling quite extensively and we were very tired, I was worried that work might start early on the scaffolded building, and it would be noisey so we asked to be moved. We were given a room which overlooked the internal glass roofed courtyard. The room was ok for one night, but at one side of the bed there was only about 12 inches to get around & I stubbed my toe 'twice' on the bed leg. Also, the air conditioning was difficult to set. I assumed I had to set it on red for warmth & green for the blower..however, we nearly froze! We phoned reception & they sorted it out for us. The staff were nice, the breakfast was very good & the roof bar is brilliant, very nice friendly guy from Portugal, also we were given a nice chocolate cookie on arrival........but!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and on behalf of the hotel we apologise for any disappointment caused by nearby building works. Whilst we would always be delighted to accommodate requests for a view, this would be subject to availability and I am very sorry if this had not been mentioned by the team member assisting you and that you had needed to request a room move.

If you would like to contact us separately with regards to how you had stubbed your toe, we can of course investigate this and I’m very sorry this had happened on more than 1 occasion. Whilst this has not been something previously highlighted to us as an issue in this room, we will of course assist in checking the room for any obvious signs of obstructions.

Thank you for saying that our team had assisted in resolving an issue with the heating/ventilation in this room and I apologise this had occurred. I hope that having otherwise enjoyed a pleasant stay with us that you would not hesitate to return to our hotel in the future.

Building works at 10 Trinity Square will be on-going and we are pleased to say that we have received little to no complaints of noise or other disruption. We are working closely with contractors to ensure we are kept up to date with this project and its progress. Sadly, the hotel would not have a lot of say on how the appearance of this building is maintained during construction periods and we apologise for any disappointment this causes to any of our guests.

Where availability allows, any guests who have expressed dissatisfaction with the location of their room will be offered a room move. Unfortunately however, this is not always possible and a proportion of our rooms would face onto the mentioned building. As a modern build however, we have enhanced sound proofing ensuring that any outside noise is minimised or completely silenced.

Kind regards,
Amy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed at the Doubletree Sat to Mon 23-25 March 2013. Upgraded to Executive Room, which I had to pay additional £60 for. Room size was disappointing for an executive room, bathroom was miniscule, but hey, how long do you stay in the room and bathroom for ? Both rooms spotlessly clean, bed very comfortable as was the temperature in the room. Only gripe ? Wretched iMac tv, took me an age before I discovered where the on/off button was, trying to use the computer was horrendous, i gave up. Maybe easier for teenagers and computer geeks, but for a 45 y/o no interest in computer bloke, bloody frustrating lol. As other travellers have commented, queue for breakfast on Sunday was enormous, i didn't try, went to Cafe just up the road and had a perfect breakfast for £6.85. I did have dinner in the City Cafe on Sunday evening which was very quiet, excellent fish and chips (have eaten here before, as I work round the corner, so the food is always good), only three other people in the dining room. Headed off to the Sky Bar for a drink which during the week is always crowded with city boys, but Sunday evening, lovely and quiet, bar staff were entertaining and very friendly. Overall, weekend was very comfortable despite the appaling "Spring" weather, this hotel is very close to Tower Hill tube and Fenchurch Street station, if you like quiet times, choose this place for a weekend when my office and others are closed. Thankyou Doubletree.

Room Tip: I had 10th Floor executive room, 1017 nice view over the "Gerkin" and if you craned your n...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Tucked away, the Hotel provides you with a welcoming feel as you arrive. The attentive staff make check in smooth and then provide you with a warm cookie. The rooms are finished to a good standard with the provision of an IMac with keyboard and internet access in everyone room. The location is perfect to travel around London and then come back to a comfortable room. Breakfast does create a small problem with so many people trying to get into a restaurant that is just not big enough. The high amount of American guests means the food is slightly adapted with a little too much sugar. Overall though a fantastic Hotel and would stay there again. Book early to get the discounts.

Room Tip: Book early.
Ratmalana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Me and my mom stayed in this hotel for 4 days during the third week of March 2013. It was a good hotel with a very pleasant service. Rooms were clean and spacious (better than usual European standard). Each room is fitted with an Apple iMac. It was convenient for me as I had some official work and printing jobs to do. (You can print and collect the print out from the reception desk). There was a problem in the heating system in our room which arose suddenly. They fixed as soon as we informed and they politely apologized regarding the mishap.
Location wise its very convenient since the Tower hill metro station is very close by (2 min walk). If you are intending to go shopping, this area is not a major shopping area but you can access to those shopping areas quite easily.
The major attraction close by would be "The Tower of London" which is a 5 min walk from the hotel. The hotel has a good guest services desk which guides tourists. They were very helpful in solving our problems regarding London tours and shopping. The hotel has a major restaurant and a lounge. If you intend to have something less costly, then just next door you have the natural kitchen which serves good food. Also if you are considering to have a sandwich or a wrap, a Pret a Manger outlet is nearby. the hotel restaurant (Cafe Che) is good but expensive. In room dining has a good variety and the food is very tasty, though the only point which I dislike is charging 5 pounds as service charge, even for a pot of tea (If you want to have a cup of tea you can have it from the lobby area which is worth).
Overall its a very good hotel with a very pleasant staff who are very courteous. They gave 3 welcome cookies for me and my mom which was nice (and my mom loved it!!). We reserved from the official website itself. I recommend to check it often since the prices fluctuate and you might be lucky to grab on a good price or offer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just returned from a over 40's girlie weekend, the Double Tree is a 2 minute walk from Tower Bridge tube station. On arrival we were seen to very quickly and staff very helpful. Rooms are great, with tea coffee facilities etc. The skyline bar has superb views but for 4 cocktails it was £54! But I suppose that is quite normal in London. The Wetherspoons pub was a 2 minute walk away as was the Proud Caberet club. Tower Bridge and the Tower of London are about 4 minutes away.
Would recommend a stay at the Hilton as everything is within a few minutes walk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the DoubleTree Tower of London while on vacation and found it to be an excellent choice. While the location may not be optimal for vacationers due to its location in the financial district (meaning many of the pubs and restaurants are closed on the weekend) it is so conveniently located to Tower Hill tube station, as well as the Tower of London and Tower Bridge attractions. The staff are exceptional. My husband fell ill while in London and the staff made an appointment for him at a nearby walk-in clinic. They were always so helpful in finding us a place to eat, etc. The rooftop bar is fantastic. I only wish the weather had been better so we could have enjoyed the outdoor space. Breakfast each morning was more than sufficient. They had not only traditional British offerings but your standard American fare of eggs, hashbrowns, etc. The rooms are spacious as far as European hotel rooms go, with a very comfortable bed, room for luggage and to store clothes, etc. The bathroom is a tad small but very nice with great water pressure. Overall it's a wonderful property with great staff and very convenient location.

Manchester, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here in February. My first experience of Double Tree. I was pleasantly suprised. The hotel has a very nice style to it which gives it a comfortable feel. My wife was impressed by the warm cookie on arrival - I'm told by a fellow frequent traveler that these are always given on arrival. Good start!
The rooms are a good size for the price. I have stayed in several hotels in London and by most standards of the same price this is a big room. Apple device on the desk for internet and TV. We didn't use the hotel for breakfast as it didnt seem great value. When we left to head out in the morning at 09:00 on Sunday we were very glad we had chose to go elsewhere. The queue for breakfast was absolutely crazy. My advice is, if staying over a weekend, get there early!!
There are a few bars and restaurants near the hotel too. We had a snack and drink in All Bar One which was just round the corner. Very handy.
We will probably stay here again next time we come to London.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London? Share your experiences!