“very nice hotel, clean, tidy, quiet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Pepys Street, London EC3N 4AF, England (Formerly Mint Hotel Tower of London) (City of London)   |
Ranked #118 of 1,071 hotels in London
uk
“very nice hotel, clean, tidy, quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

if you are looking for a hotel in this area you can do a lot worse than this, it is very close to the nearest tube station (approx 3mins walking), nice and quiet at night and has a pretty good breakfast selection. Rooms are a good size and the bathroom is clean and modern.
When I checked in, I was even given a fresh cookie.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for coming to stay at DoubleTree Tower of London in December. I'm pleased our warm Chocolate chip cookies came as a nice surprise on your arrival to the hotel!

Thank you for saying you had been impressed by the cleanliness and appearance of your room and you had noticed our enhanced sound proofing. It is our pleasure!

We hope you enjoyed a lovely Christmas and New Year and thank you for your comments,

Kind regards

2,244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Location of the hotel is not ideal for tourists. It is far away from everything besides Tower of London. All the shops nearby are closed during weekends.
A trainee checked us in. Had to remind him that breakfast was included in our booking as he got it wrong and said otherwise. Worse still, he checked us into a queen size bed room. We paid for King Size bed. So we had to go back to the reception again, after getting the wrong room.
Breakfast was normal. The waitress asked if I would like to have orange juice. I said yes, only if it is freshly squeeze. It turned out to be concentrated and full of sugar content.
Have not received my deposit back (they charged the amount to my card instead of blocking it) after checking out for days.
I would not recommend this hotel considering the price and location.

• Stayed January 2013
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback on trip advisor and it is unfortunate you had come away with this impression of us. Whilst I have every confidence that the staff member who had checked you in had made an innocent mistake in advising your breakfast had not been included, you are right that this should not have been something you had needed to question and I apologise for how this had affected your welcome to the hotel.

I trust that our teams were able to quickly arrange the correct room when you had needed to return to the reception desk and I'm very sorry there had been a mistake made in offering you a Queen Executive room when a King had been reserved.

With regards to your deposit, the hotel would hold a pre authorisation amount on your account until the day of check out. This normally would take 3 to 5 working days to release depending on your bank. However if you can still see this is being held please contact us with details of the amount that is in question and we can help to follow up with your bank directly. Otherwise if you need to discuss any items that appear on your final bill do let me know and I can of course investigate this with the Reception team.

We do receive many wonderful comments from our returning guests that our location is ideal for their needs when coming to London however we are very you had not thought this.

I do very much hope that we can restore your faith in the DoubleTree Tower of London and please do not hesitate to contact me via our Switchboard, 0207 709 1000, for any assistance I can provide.

With kind regards
yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Just had a two night stay and from the moment we arrived there was attention to detail..Warm Cookies from reception on arrival.The Room(238) was spotless and very comfortable and not too small(Standard Double Queen).All the things that you may need were available..water..repair kits..toiletries..fluffy towels..TV .Ice...nice quiet room.The only thing that would be nice would be tea making facilities.The breakfast was included in our deal and it was very good with lovely waiters being very helpful and there was plenty of choice from the buffet(7am-11am weekends 6.30am-10.30am weekdays)The Skybar on the roof is a must on a night to veiw the Shard and London Tower all lit up.The hotel is a couple of minutes walk from Tower Hill Tube which is easy to get to via the Circle Line from King Cross(20min) Just round the corner is a Weatherspoons pub so cheap food and drinks available if your on Budget...Well Done to all the Staff will definetly stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your "Perfect" review! However I'm very sorry it appears you hadn't been able to find our tea and coffee making facilities which are available in every guest room. We will certainly look at ways we can improve our guest information in this regard and I apologise for any inconvenience.

We will be sharing your feedback with all our teams, who no doubt will be delighted! Thank you for taking the time to offer us your comments!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed on a relatively quiet weekend in January - so no businessmen there, just tourists. Checked in early and were kindly upgraded by the very helpful and friendly woman on the desk (Magdalena?). Amazing views from our window of the Tower and across to the Shard. Everything was just so, with nice touches such as a lush warm cookie upon arrival and a bag of macaroons outside the door the next morning – and a lovely birthday card.

They did everything to make us feel like we were getting a personal service, despite the size and corporate nature of the hotel. The bed was very comfy, if a little small (though not a surprise). Everything in the room was spotless and worked perfectly. After our night out we went up to the spectacular SkyLounge on the roof for a late-night drink. The barman asked me if I would like something he had just created and conjured up an amazing, unnamed concoction.

Breakfast the next morning was comprehensive and although we were late they did not hurry us out. Free late checkout meant that we could relax and recover from the night before. A taxi arrived immediately after we had checked out and our copious luggage was transferred to the taxi in the blink of an eye.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, whether tourist, couple or businessperson.

Room Tip: Go high and facing the river if you can.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 'HughPeto',

Thank you for choosing to stay at DoubleTree Tower of London. It is fantastic to read how staff had extended a personal service to you throughout your stay, whether this had been at check in, Skylounge or City Cafe restaurant.

At DoubleTree Tower of London we strive to deliver the exact same high levels of customer service in every area of the hotel and it is great we have been successful in doing this, thank you again for letting us know!

We will be congratulating our teams for their efforts and if ever we can be of assistance in the future please do not hesitate to get in touch.

With kind regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

We booked to stay for our first anniversary and upgraded to the Thames suite. On arrival the staff were amazing and so helpful. The room was perfect lots of great technology, perfect views and everything was so clean. The staff had even set out some home made delicious chocolates and an anniversary card. The mini bar was included in the price and upgrading to this room was well worth it. The roof top bar was amazing with great views over London although slightly pricey but service was good. Breakfast was the usual great selection provided by Hilton, one or two items such as the yogurt and tea could do with being upgraded to meet the high standards of the rest of the food. The hotel itself is modern, very clean and looks amazing in all areas. I would definitely visit again and would recommend it to couples wanting a night to remember and business travellers looking for a touch of luxury and class, good location and reasonably priced rooms.

• Stayed January 2013
Tessenderlo, Limburg, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great hotel. Situated near Underground Station Tower Hill and hop on hop off busses. Excellent food at breakfast and in the restaurant. Very friendly staff. Sky Lounge gives a magnificent view on Tower Bridge.
The room are rather small but very clean. Free WIFI is an asset.
Next time we go to London we will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear 'Cathy H',

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at DoubleTree Tower of London for this holiday with your family. I'm delighted you would be inclined to stay with us again! Whilst our rooms may be seen as smaller than other hotels outside of London, for the City these are of a very good size, however you may wish to enquire with our Reservations team regarding availability for one of our suites if you would like to have some extra living space?

Thank you for mentioning you had enjoyed the food on offer at City Café restaurant which will be mentioned to our wonderful Kitchen team!

If there is anything we can help you with please do let us know and thank you once again for your review on trip advisor.

Kind regards
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've stayed in a couple of different London accommodations this past year and my most recent 4 night stay at Doubletree Hotel near Tower of London is one of my favorite experiences.

Positives:
Lobby - clean modern, calming modern decor
Location - convenient to The City if you work there like me. transportation-wise 2 blocks fromTower Hill Tube, other side is Fenchurch RR station, few min to Tower Gateway and Aldgate Tube stops.
Restaurants: I also very much enjoyed the Natural Kitchen on the premises - with their "wholefood/organic" rustic theme - though you can't charge to the hotel room which I didn't care about. The hotel's City Cafe gets a bit crowded in the peak breakfast hour but seemed less crowded for dinner with reasonable prices.
Room: is on the small side but what London hotel rooms aren't? the room lay out is efficiently laid out with modern and clean line furnishings.
Amenities: has an iMac doubling as computer and TV which I enjoyed. also free wifi if you preferred to work on your own laptop like I did. Free mini bottles of water everyday.
Gym: decent size for a hotel in the city - probably about 2x a reg hotel room. has extra towels, sanitized wet towels (to wipe machine after workout) and filtered water machine which I expected. (i asked this at reception who said there is no water or towel available so he was ill advised)

Negatives:
Bathroom - I'm fine that they just have a shower. Shower floor has round bumps but is can still get very slippery when wet. The way they have it is that there is a step up from the bathroom floor to the shower. one time, after showering, I tried to step back in to grab something, and slipped, banged my left shin very hard on the step. I would think if this was someone older, it's a bit dangerous. there wasn't anything to hang on to except the sink counter to support myself. (the door is a folding sliding door so it's not stable to hold on to).
Famous cookies: They seemed to have some cookie delivery issue after 1/1, and many ppl never got their famous cookies (i heard other ppl in checking in and checking out asking the same thing). I eventually got one on my last day before checking out but this was a bit of a disappointment.
Other amenities: No coffee maker in room(!!!!) I never had this experience in a Hilton property..!! I guess the free water bottles made up for it but doesn't help you wake up. Curtains were stiff and not working well - took a lot of "tugs" to close them each night.

I would have given this a 5 out of 5 except for the coffee and my shower tripping (ouch!) experience.

Room Tip: There's no chance to see the Tower of London or the Thames river if you are below 8th floor - yo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for staying at DoubleTree Tower of London for this business trip and it has been very useful to be given a summary of the positive and negative points from this stay (thank you). Your comments will be shared with our teams and I hope that the negatives didn't take away from your overall enjoyment too much.

I'm pleased you had been able to make use of our fitness suite and thank you for saying you were impressed by having an iMac in your room together with complimentary wi fi.

I'm very sorry however you had experienced an unfortunate fall when in your shower and I hope you had not suffered any lasting aches or pains as a result? The hotel would always carry out an accident report for any incident such as this that is brought to our attention, however if you had not had the time to do this please do not hesitate to contact me via our Switchboard, 0207 709 1000, and I can record some further details and investigate this further.

All of our guest rooms would provide tea and coffee making facilities which are kept next to the wardrobe in your room, inside a cabinet. We do also provide this via room service should filter coffee or a specialist tea be preferred. I'm very sorry if you had not found this in your room or if there appeared to be any items missing.

If you wish to contact me regarding the incident in your shower again I would be very happy to assist in taking some details from you,

Thank you again for staying at DoubleTree Tower of London and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Kindest regards
Amy

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London? Share your experiences!