“Loved it! Great service, great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Pepys Street, London EC3N 4AF, England (Formerly Mint Hotel Tower of London) (City of London)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 25%
Ranked #129 of 1,073 hotels in London
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
“Loved it! Great service, great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Excellent location! It is very convenient for tower hill tube station which goes straight to kings cross which we travelled to. Easy to find. Stayed for 3 nights costing us just under £300 staying for New Year. Great Price and great service. We received a plate with chocolate writing 'happy birthday' along with some chocolates and a birthday card as it was a birthday trip, very unexpected and lovely to receive. Great views from the rooftop bar. Bedroom had everything you needed and a computer with free wifi. Great service all round. Will be staying again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear 'Zoeyy_12'

Thank you for your review and for choosing to celebrate the New Year with the DoubleTree Tower of London! It is wonderful to hear how our team had helped make this extra special by arranging a birthday message and card, thank you for letting us know and I hope this was a lovely surprise!

We are excited to welcome you back through our doors soon and in the meantime do contact myself and our team if ever we can be of help with any of your arrangements.

Kindest regards

2,651 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
gloucestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my boyfriends 30th birthday in December. We has stayed before and I knew he loved it. I wanted to make it as special as possible so I explained to the staff over the phone that it was his birthday and the options of upgrading the room. We upgraded to a suite and was put in one of the best suites they had, the Thames suite.
My boyfriend was chuffed to bits. it was a beautiful suite with the most amazing view of Tower Bridge and the shard. 3 macs in the room, 2 bathrooms, dining table, free mini bar included to name just a few perks with this suite. We only stayed the 1 night but would of stayed there for a week it was that nice. As it was my boyfriends birthday they left wine, chocolates and muffins in the room! Breakfast is buffet but alot of choice and very tasty. Definately have a drink in the sky lounge, again amazing views from their too.
Would highly recommend this hotel, great location and 2 mins from the tube. Staff very friendly and really appreciated all their help. A trip we will always remember.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear 'giggs46'

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us as a treat for your Boyfriend's birthday! It is great to hear how our team 'rallied together' to ensure your stay could be absolutely perfect. The suite you mention is indeed one of our top category rooms and many of our returning guests are pleasantly surprised at the view of the famous Tower Bridge being almost totally uninterrupted!

We will be thanking all of our staff for their efforts in looking after you and perhaps we will have the chance of creating more memories for a future special anniversary or birthday!

Thank you once again for your feedback and please do not hesitate to get in touch should you need any assistance.

With kind regards,
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Hilton having previously stayed at the Tower Bridge Hilton. Location was great as were the staff and high quality of rooms. However our stay was marred by the long queue for breakfast on the Sunday morning at 8am (for over 20 minutes) and an even longer queue and delay for lifts as two were out of order. Saturday morning was also very busy and not possible to receive the service I would anticipate from this group of hotels We waited 20 minutes for a lift and in the end walked down the stairs. I appreciate that things can go wrong but I was extremely disappointed in the negative response I received from this hotel when I e mailed them about this. I would have expected a more sympathetic response from a hotel with the reputation which the Hilton has. I will not be staying at this hotel again but will look for others in the Hilton Group in London

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Excellent location for the Tower of London and London Bridge, and very close to the tube.

From the moment you are greeted at the Hotel's door to the moment you leave, the staff are superb and cannot do enough for you.

The hotel rooms are well maintained and are furnished to a very high quality, including an Apple Mac for your entertainment.

I can highly recommend dinning at the hotel as the food is delicious with attentive staff, and after a visit to to sky lounge bar with views of the Shard

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Poole, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as part of a group booking with work, the room was pre paid. I was asked to leave my credit card for extras.

I checked my bank statement to find they debited my account £195.95 for the stay, despite my room etc being pre paid. When i enquired why i was eventually told they had put my card details on another customers account and I had paid his bill.

It has so far taken me 3 calls to get this information and I was kept on hold for 20 minutes. I was promised that the money would be refunded today and am now told it cannot be as the person who needs to sign to agree this is on holiday. I did not give them any authority to take £195.95 out of my account and cannot see why I should wait any longer than I have already waited to have this refunded. The serivice I have received trying to sort this matter out has been appalling.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear ‘Ellie C’,

We are very sorry to learn of your recent experience at the DoubleTree Tower of London. I am pleased our Reception Manager has been able to speak with you as a further follow up to this matter, in order to offer you reassurance that this has been taken seriously by the hotel as whilst an error in the charge was made, in no way was the security of your credit card compromised at any point in time. We sincerely hope that you will be able to return per Christian’s invite and I trust that you have felt somewhat assured the hotel would treat any guest card information with the highest levels of sensitivity and confidentiality in accordance with our strict guest information & security policy. However, we are committed to providing you with a future complimentary stay to ensure that any remaining concerns you will hold can be reversed. If myself, Christian and the General Manager can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Once again we remain sincerely sorry for the unfortunate circumstances leading to our contact.

With Kind regards,

shropshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights between Xmas & NY. Fantastic location, very convenient for the tube into the centre.

Room was fantastic which was a huge1 bed suite at under £200 per night.....a bargain! Car parking in basement is £20 per night, another bargain.

Great view from the sky bar.

Looking forward to returning soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We arrived very jet lagged to wonderful friendly service. Not only did we get a warm welcome we got hot cookies too!

The beds were as promised (twin - this often gets mixed up). The buffet breakfast was filling. The location was easy to get to and very close to the Tower of London.

Beds were pretty standard but very clean.

Room had a computer and wifi. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London? Share your experiences!