“Excellent !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Pepys Street, London EC3N 4AF, England (Formerly Mint Hotel Tower of London) (City of London)   |
Ranked #126 of 1,073 hotels in London
Sintra, Portugal
“Excellent !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Travelling in tour from Scotland, when we arrived at the hotel, we were pleased by the most funtastic cookie we haver tasted ! Simply delicious ..
Very nice rooms with a MAC - my son didn´t want to leave the room ever ....
Excellent breakfast.
Very good location with tube tube nearby which is important.
Recomend this hotel to everybody.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

2,563 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

If you don't mind staying in the financial district where things shut down early this is a really nice hotel and a good value for the money.

This was a very good hotel except for the lack of consistent water temp in the shower - pressure was fine but the temp kept changing throughout the shower. I didn't have this trouble at other hotels but they were in different parts of town. I stayed at the hotel b/c it was close to where friends of mine were staying. I was there to sight see and tour and it is very close to a tube stop and the Tower of London. However, everything (shops, drug stores, etc..) pretty much closes at 6:30 during the weekdays and are closed on weekends. I had to use the hotel for pretty much everything. The restaurants are fine but nothing special and the roof top bar really hops.

With that said, the hotel is really nice, large rooms for Europe, clean and the bathroom is spacious for UK hotels. I liked the Mac in the room that you could use for a computer and a TV - however, you could not watch TV and be on the computer at the same time if you wanted - small thing.

Also - the concierge were a bit spotty - some were extremely knowledgeable and others knew nothing - the 2 on duty at 9:30 on a Friday night had no idea where Stonehenge was and had never heard of it.....really! The morning concierge was extremely friendly and knowledgeable and hooked us up so it ended well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I booked a room in this hotel for two nights for my partner's birthday, and can't praise the place enough. Upon check-in, we received the usual treatment (cookie etc.) and then were shown to our gorgeous room.
I paid more than I normally would for this kind of hotel, but I was really pleased.
The rooms are immaculate and staff can't do enough to help. I'd happily recommend this place to anybody wanting a decent hotel in the heart of this amazing city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
East Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Last weekend we stayed in this lovely hotel near Tower Bridge, a part of London that we hadn't been to before. Quite by chance we realised it was located near Trinity House where some scenes from Skyfall had been filmed but also has a connection to Hull and personal connections to my family history.
Our coach driver checked us in within 5 minutes and he was able to hand out room keys to each of us in the party. The fastest check in for this annual trip ever! Check out was just as easy.
The hotel was lovely, immaculately clean, excellent facilities in the room, the breakfast each morning was a delicious buffet style with lots of choice and all of it was extremely fresh. The staff had the turnround of tables down to a fine art so we never had to queue before being seated.
Our 5th floor room faced into a quadrangle, above us the skies of London, below us views through the glass ceiling into the reception area of the hotel. The room was very quiet and I slept better than in any other hotel I have stayed in in the capital.
It is an ideal location to explore London, the tube station is a short 2-3 min walk, Spitalfields, St Pauls, Tower Bridge all within easy walking distance.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Not sure whether there was a pool or spa, we go to London to shop and see the sites!
Howden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed here for a London weekend and was totally impressed with this recently refurbished and re branded hotel. Check in was very efficient and large, quick lifts soon delivered us to the fourth floor. Room large, clean and comfortable with a huge bed, decent sized bathroom and decent fridge. The nearest tube station is a very short walk from the hotel, but, if you like walking, the riverside or cannon Street / St. Paul's walks will take you into the centre of London in just over half an hour. Borough Market is again within walking distance. Breakfasts were plentiful if a little frantic (everyone arrived at once) and a 'must' is the 12th floor bar and terrace, with fantastic views out over the city at night. Highly recommended and will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in late October enroute from Western Canada to South Africa.

This hotel has been reviewed many times on this forum and I don't expect to be able to add anything significant that has not been picked up before. A few idle comments though:

The hotel honoured my Hilton Diamond status with a room upgrade, free breakfasts, complimentary drink at the Skybar and most usefully, a late afternoon checkout on my last day in preparation for an evening flight.

No complaints at all on my part - the hotel is clean, quiet and comfortable.

As a tourist though, I found the hotel to be somewhat off the beaten track (aside from the Tower), and after a while, the 20 to 30 minute ride on the subway to get to the West end became a little tedious.
Also, while there are eateries and pubs in the nearby vicinity including a Pret, a Starbucks, a Pizza Express, an American smoke house, a trendy "organic" bistro on the premises and a French fine dining establishment, not to mention a number of pubs, the selection is a lot less than you would find in say Kensington.

In summary: No question I would stay here again if I came to the City on Business. As a tourist/shopper?-- possibly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Luton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The whole process of booking a room was a joke! Not only was I booked into to the wrong hotel but the card details I was assured was safe were intercepted somehow and my card was defrauded!! Once I eventually booked into the right hotel, I decided to pay upfront to avoid any further card security issues. However at the check in desk I asked for confirmation that the money was received and was told they dont take payments over the phone!!! I had the embarassment of having to ring my bank at the check in counter for confirmation only for the "manager" to smile at me with a false smile but still not believe me. She did let us check in (only to avoid me making a huge scene) and was called in the room to say they had "found" my payment. To finish the weekend off when checking out it appeared that the payment they took upfront was too much and had overcharged me!!! The hotel was nice and in a good location but to be honest I think in future I will stay somewhere cheaper as I have had better service from B & B's. This was supposed to be a special weekend as we used the money we were given for wedding gifts. My advice is book somewhere cheaper, the extra money isnt worth it!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear 'Julie W'

Thank you for your review and I apologise you have felt let down by the hotel in our response to this issue. We are aware of your previous correspondence with another Hilton property before your reservation was confirmed at the DoubleTree Tower of London and I apologise for if you have been under any impression that your card details were jeopardised, as this is something Hilton Worldwide take very seriously in ensuring any guest information is handled with the utmost sensitivity and protection.

I would be very grateful to be given the opportunity to speak with you directly at a time that is convenient and therefore please do not hesitate to contact the hotel's switchboard number, who can direct your call to my office.

If it is found that any discrepancy has been made concerning the charges brought to your account we will of course rectify this as a matter of urgency.

Thank you and I hope we are able to speak in the near future.

With kind regards
Amy

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London? Share your experiences!