You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Pepys Street, London EC3N 4AF, England (Formerly Mint Hotel Tower of London) (City of London)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #165 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ilkeston, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Excellent hotel in a fabulous location - 2 mins walk from the station and across the road from the Tower of London. We arrived early (9am) but a room was ready for us- it wasn't the room originally intended for us but they gave us another one as we were early. The bar is spectacular ur a little pricey.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in November and loved every minute.
The lobby has a great warm vibe and the rooms are cool, chic and immaculately clean. Hotel is really quiet at night and coupled with the fantastically comfortable bed made for 2 great nights sleep.
A trip to the sky bar is worth the steep drinks prices, but the view and ambience is well worth it!
2 minute walk to the tube station makes it a great base for a trip.
Didn't eat in the hotel restaurant, but the natural kitchen cafe inside the hotel is lovely.
Will definitely stay here next time in London.

• Stayed November 2012
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback further to this recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tower of London. We have recently completed a renovation of our lobby area to include softer furnishings and additional furniture, helping to give the lobby bar its own unique identity. I hope you had found we had been successful in creating a relaxing area for our guests to unwind and enjoy the ambience of the hotel. We look forward to an opportunity of welcoming you to City Cafe restaurant in the near future, however thank you for your great feedback following your visit to Natural Kitchen, we will be sure to make the Natural Kitchen team aware! In the meantime if our teams and I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch. Thank you once again for your generous feedback,

Kindest regards
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Just been for a 1 night at this hotel and it is in a great location (just opposite Tower of London), the price for such a central hotel was very good as booked by Laterooms. If you want a great view and not to cold then go upto the sky lounge....
Great Stay though!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing to stay at DoubleTree Tower of London for this recent business trip and I'm delighted to hear you had enjoyed your time at the hotel. Thank you for coming to see us in Skylounge, for those who want to enjoy the wonderful views from our south terrace by night we have provided outdoor heaters and blankets to keep the cold at bay! We hope you are able to visit us again soon and thank you for offering us your feedback,

Warmest regards
Canterbury UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Excellent Hotel for a weekend, staff really helpful and the Skylounge Bar is amazing. Have a normal hotel we stay in London, but this has just overtaken it and we will be staying here in future, Staff are amazing as are the facilites!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 'Daz97',

Thank you for your review and I'm delighted to hear you would not hesitate to return to our hotel again in the future which is fantastic. Thank you for saying our staff had all made a special effort to take care of you, we are very proud of all of our team members who remain committed to going that extra mile to ensure our guests leave our hotel satisfied. It is reassuring to know that this isn't going unnoticed by our guests.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Vermillion, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel over New Year's 2012 (December '11-Jan '12) as part of a school trip to London for the New Year's Day parade. I was still in undergraduate studies at the time and was travelling with at least 100 other students in my university's Marching Band, many of whom had NEVER been out of the country before.
Everyone's initial opinion of the hotel was of excitement as nobody had expected we would be staying in a hotel of this quality. The staff was very patient and helpful as our 3 shuttle buses arrived and all 100 students, faculty members, and chaperones entered the hotel. They led us immediately up to one of several large conference rooms where we were able to meet and discuss the coming week. They also very generously offered the room to us for storing our musical instruments for the entire week as we would only be using them twice in the seven days we were there. I thought this was very generous of them! We received our cardkeys in a very timely manner after our group meeting and our rooms were all ready and clean. We were very impressed by the I-MAC computer/TV system in every room and were overall very impressed with the quality of the room. Our very large group was spread evenly throughout the hotel, but the elevators were very helpful in getting everyone to the lobby efficiently.
The breakfast, provided for us each morning, was excellent, although some of the newer travellers in the group were less accustomed to "European breakfasts". The kitchen staff was very friendly and someone came around to check with everyone about drinks, clearing the tables, and asking if we needed anything.
The location of the hotel was very good as it was not in a particularly raucous, loud, or booming area. so it was relatively quiet during the night. However, the hotel was a short 2 minute walk to the Tower Hill station and the rest of London. As long as we were able to navigate the Tube properly we had no troubles getting lost in the area.
There's so much more I could say about this hotel, but it would be redundant. Overall, excellent stay. It's very impressive that a hotel as new as this one was (less than a year when we were there) could keep up so well with our sometimes less than impressive group of 100+ university students. Highly recommended in every area and would most certainly stay there again if ever given the opportunity to travel to London in the future.

Room Tip: Some rooms face small side streets and look directly into residential apartments. If you desire, tr...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review, it is great we were able to welcome you all the way from the USA for this special trip away with your University's marching band, we were happy to help! Thank you for your praise of our teams for their organisation in ensuring your check in experience could be made as hassle free as possible, and that our kitchen team extended you a warm welcome and checked that you had everything you needed. It is always lovely to be told of particular examples of where our teams have shown great customer service and so I thank you for taking the time to let us know.

I hope your journey home had been comfortable and if ever we can assist you in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Entebbe, Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My first experience at a Double Tree hotel, and I was not disappointed. The location is fantastic, a couple of minutes from the Tower of London, and from the city. The staff are very friendly, courteous and knowledgable and were able to let me check in early after a long haul flight. Breakfast was excellent, although it was very busy on the Saturday, but to be expected.
The 12th floor Sky Lounge is just amazingly chic - a DJ playing an eclectic mix at just the right sound level, without it being intrusive. Bellini cocktail well worth the price for the view alone! The vista of the city is stunning at night, being so close to the almost finished Shard, and Tower Bridge. Do stay here, if visiting London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for wanting to try our hotel for the first time. I'm delighted to hear we were able to check you into your room early having had a long flight to London, we appreciate this can make such a difference and where ever possible we are happy to check our guests into their rooms early should they ready. That is great you were able to catch our resident DJ whilst being in Skylounge. I'm pleased you thought the ambience in Skylounge had been just right and look out for updates on Twitter for news of upcoming sets!

Thank you again for your review and kind comments,

Best regards
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

This was our third time at this hotel. I rated it very highly on the last two occasions but, this time, I have to go for one star less than usual. I thought the check-in was a rather lengthy process. There was a long debate over whether I'd paid for breakfast or not. This was eventually solved when I showed the receptionist my email confirming that I had paid, in advance, for breakfast.

On arrival in the room, we found it was colder than the corridor, outside. I turned the heating to maximum but two hours later I realised it was still blowing cold air. After I reported it an engineer arrived and tinkered with the system. He told me to give it another 15 mins. We believe the room warmed up ever so slightly but it was never comfortably warm.

We ordered room service again, this time. The food and wine were delivered very quickly and the quality of the food was simply excellent! We had a really good and hot meal.

The room is pleasant and clean and very quiet so you can sleep well as we did. There is complimentary water which is always very welcome.

It was a Saturday morning when we went down for breakfast between 9.00 and 10.00 which is the busiest period. We were met with a long queue but got a table after about 5-10 mins. When I went to get food from the buffet breakfast I asked the chef for fried eggs. He refused and told me these must be ordered from the waiter. It would have been nice if the waiter who showed us to the table had actually told us this. I see this was mentioned in my last review of this hotel but I hadn't remembered. So, I ordered some fried eggs which arrived long after we had finished eating the rest of the breakfast. Not good! I also ordered an extra cup of tea - as they only give you a cup at a time. It never arrived! The staff seemed rushed off their feet.

Would come again if price is right but if not, would choose an alternative. Price this time was OK but not the best!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 'kenc',

Thank you for offering us your feedback on trip advisor. Naturally it is disappointing for us to hear that your experience had not been as impressive as previous visits and we apologise.

I appreciate it should not have taken you to provide email evidence that breakfast had been included in your room rate and I apologise for the confusion and inconvenience caused. Additionally if you would be inclined to contact me directly (our switchboard operator would be happy to offer you my email address and/or direct telephone number), I would be grateful if you could confirm the room number of your stay so we can ensure there are not any underlying issues with our air conditioning/heater unit in this room that requires our further attention.

Additionally I apologise it had taken this length of time to have your fried egg delivered at breakfast, not to mention not being served your tea and this is being addressed with the hotel's breakfast team. I very much hope there will be an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel for a better experience and once again please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any other details regarding your visit, and/or if you know of a time you wish to return where I would be delighted to oversee any requirements for a future stay.

Amy

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London? Share your experiences!