“Novotel hammersmith london” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel London West

Save Saved
You added Novotel London West to your Saves list
Novotel London West
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One Shortlands | Hammersmith International Centre, London W6 8DR, England (Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
UP TO 40% OFF THIS SUMMER
Ranked #469 of 1,075 hotels in London
Thanet, England, United Kingdom
“Novotel hammersmith london”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not the most modern rooms but ok, shame we had a large group of noisy students keeping us awake half the night!! Breakfast was usual high standard..first time we have encountered the noise in a novotel, bad luck I guess. Otherwise all good cant fault location either, we have used this hotel before and will again even though I prefer Tower bridge and Excel for a more modern experience. By the way we visited madam tasauds, science museum, went up the monument and shopping in regents street area and arrived and departed from st pancras int, all in 2 days.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not near teenage students!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Further to the review you placed on TripAdvisor, I wanted to thank you for the feedback therein.

We've worked very hard on the product and our service delivery over the last four years and I'm delighted to see from your review that that work now seems to be paying off in the form of happy guests; our raison d'etre.

Thanks again for your feedback, it's very easy to critisise so we're all delighted to hear such positive comments as yours - very many thanks.

1,784 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Truro, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked this hotel as a part of a trip to London with my partner. We were to take in a show and see our grown up children so I wanted something a bit nicer than usual. I booked a room here as 'superior with queen size bed and sofa'. The room was very 'standard' looking, a double bed that didn't fit the queen sized headboard, no sofa and seemed worn out. I mentioned to the receptionist I expected a superior room and she conveyed to me that they only have those rooms or the upgraded excecutive rooms. I didn't take it any further at the time as I wanted to enjoy my trip and wasn't sure to what extent the receptionist understood English.
The breakfast was good with a large variety.
The hotel is surrounded by glass office type high rise buildings not too far from Hammersmith tube. It's not much to look at. There were families there, but I wouldn't recommend it for anything but business use.

Room Tip: Go excecutive if you want anything above standard.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear valuable guest,

Thank you for choosing the Novotel London West as your accommodation in London for your family trip.

I would like to confirm that the hotel offers king size and queen size beds. May I confirm that the double bed did not fit the queen sized board as the board was a king size one which ensure the match with your reservation for a queen size.

Novotel is part of Accor’s international brand. I hope you can appreciate that we strive to provide the guests with employees able to speak many languages to ensure an enjoyable stay to all our guests. However, I would like to confirm that all the employees speak English.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Best regards,

Audrey Sablery
Guest Relations Officer
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel itself was ok, the rooms are basic and clean ,however the beds are hard and not overly comfortable. I don't think the cleaning staff can speak or read any english. Three times we left a note asking that they leave us tea bags and each time we never got it. The front end staff were pleasant and helpful. The location is good with the Hammersmith tube station within a 5 min walk, there is shops and resturartants close by. The cost of the food in the hotel is very expensensive for what you get. Better selection and more econmical to eat outside of the hotel. My biggest complaint for this location is parking. Parking is directly below the hotel with elevator access to the hotel. As a guest of the hotel the cost for parking is £36.00 per 24 hr period. It ended up costing us £144.00 for parking. I have stayed at hotels that are in more central London where parking was only £17.00 per 24 hrs. If you are just staying at this hotel and wanting to go into central London, it's a great location. But if you are only staying in London for a few days and need t have a car rental. Not a good option because of the high cost of parking for a hotel that is outside of central London.!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear valuable guest,

Thank you for reviewing you experience at the Novotel London West.

I am thrilled to hear your kind words towards the hotel staff and will ensure to share it with them.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your bedroom and its facilities. I can however only apologise if you found the bed uncomfortable. I hope you can appreciate that it is hard to fulfil every guest’s expectations in terms of mattress.

May I inform you that all the bedrooms dispose of a phone in order for you to contact the different departments such as housekeeping. I am sure they would have been delighted to bring you more tea bags.

In regards to the car park rates, I would like to inform you that our hotel has conducted a business plan before setting the charges. I can confirm that the rates are definitely competitive with all other car parks in the area. Moreover, Novotel London West’s website does advise you that our car park is payable, and that we offer a special discounted rate for our resident guests. Our parking fees are also displayed at the entrance of the hotel’s car park for your own perusal. The hotel switchboard would have also been delighted to inform you about these rates should you had called the hotel before arrival. I can only apologise if the car park experience was below your expectations.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at the Novotel London West in the near future.

Best regards,

Audrey Sablery
Guest Relations Officer
Sarlat-la-caneda, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel as I have been before and found it convenient for travel to/from Heathrow Airport. My stay was comfortable, the staff friendly and the only blemish was that they charged me for internet access despite it being offered on the internet booking page. I made my point to the management and they were apologetic but did not cancel the charge. Otherwise a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, April 10, 2013

Norwich, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I needed a hotel for an overnight leisure trip to London. I ideally like to stay around Liverpool Street / Tower Hill but nothing was coming up for a reasonable price so I plumped for the Novotel London West as I stayed here a few years ago. It is nice and close to Hammersmith underground station, there is also a small shopping centre nearby (next to the underground) which means you can get cheap eats and drinks rather than paying the hotel prices.

The hotel is easy to find from the underground and is well signposted.

Check in was quick, easy and efficent.

The rooms are nice, modern, clean and fairly spacious (by London standards). The bed is comfortable, flat screen tv, mini bar and in room safe. The bathroom was very clean and had a small bath and an over shower.

We had a drink in the hotel bar - which was expensive but did not eat in the restaurant.

Overall a nice stay and I would stay here again if the rate was right.

Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room fairly close to the lifts as some of the rooms are quite a trek from the lifts.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Orsta, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in March 2013 for three nights, and my overall experience with this hotel was very good. The hotel have a proffesional staff, are very big, modern and clean, and have a good lobby-bar with dining-options and two other restaurants as well. There are also a small shop located in the lobby, and several widescreen computers for free use.
The Hammersmith subway-station are only 5 minutes of walking from the hotel.
This will be a prefered hotel by myself when visiting the Hammersmith-area in London.

Room Tip: I booked an Executive-room in the 5th floor and was very satisfied with the room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Turin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Optimal location (within "long" walking distance to several sites), with a well served Piccadilly Line tube station just 100 metres away. This is the very old CUNARD Hotel, which was taken over by Novotel I guess in the 90s and now totally renewed.
Rooms lack a bit of personality, but beds are of great comfort. Poor TV channel choice (what the heck, not that I am in London to watch the tube, but there was no CNN...), Eating is superb, rich buffet breakfast and dinner with wide selection of food.
All in all, a very positive experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, April 3, 2013

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Novotel London West? Share your experiences!