“Notable Novotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel London West

You added Novotel London West to your Saves list
Novotel London West
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One Shortlands | Hammersmith International Centre, London W68DR, England (Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
UK SUMMER SALE
Ranked #478 of 1,052 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Howden
“Notable Novotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed at this large and busy hotel during a conference at Olympia which is only a short walk away. Recently refurbished, the whole place is very pleasant with smart public areas and decent sized beds / bathrooms. Staff always pleasant and helpful. Tube station only minutes from the door and a whole host of restaurants / pubs nearby. Good selection for breakfast. Would definitively stay again, especially for ease of access to Olympia.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Further to the review you placed on TripAdvisor, I wanted to thank you for the feedback therein.

We've worked very hard on the product and our service delivery over the last four years and I'm delighted to see from your review that that work now seems to be paying off in the form of happy guests; our raison d'etre.

Thanks again for your feedback, it's very easy to critisise so we're all delighted to hear such positive comments as yours - very many thanks.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Pembrokeshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Spent the weekend here with my Fiance. (tesco clubcard vouchers) Couldn't get any closer to city centre using vouchers.
Hotel is as advertised a five minute walk from Hammersmith tube station. Arrive after 9pm and were greeted by a pleasant member of staff that checked us in quickly with a full explanation of what the hotel had to offer. Room on eighth floor was clean and functional. A fair selection of free tv and radio channels, an audio connector for an mp3 player as well. A minibar which we did not use and the usual tea and coffee. Bathroom was stocked with good size towels and the hotel supplied shower gets and shampoo was nice too. We passed a busy bar area when checking in so headed down for a drink in a busy bar and were served promptly.
Breakfast both mornings was a self serve buffet. Hot and cold items aplenty and replenished often as they were depleted.
A very busy breakfast service was dealt with very well by the numerous staff. A queue formed both mornings and was cleared quickly. The waiting staff quickly cleared tables but without imposing themselves upon you as you eat.

A good hotel though out of central London has good transport links to get you where you want to be.
Thanks for a great weekend. And even better my Fiance managed to buy a wedding dress........

• Stayed November 2012
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, November 20, 2012

Director of Sales & Marketing

PS Best wishes for your forthcoming wedding.
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed before in this hotel and last time I did not have any wireless signal so I specifically asked for a room that would have a wireless signal. When I got to the room there was no wireless... okay got a new room that had a weak signal. Novotel wake up and provide free internet a tablet or phone cannot connect to a wired connection. Did I mention that this was £15... rip off.
The room was okay but the carpet had seen better times and the pillows smelled like unwashed hear.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

First off I will admit I am a little spoilt as I normally stay in the Sofitel St James when I visit London, but as this hotel was significantly closer to our meeting location, meaning a walk was preferable to cross city travel at rush hour, it made far more sense to stay here. The Novotel chain is part of the same group of hotels as the Sofitel so I still got the points, but it is definitely lacking and you can see why the Sofitel is a 5 star establishment.

The location of the hotel is very convenient for the Hammersmith tube station which in itself is an easy journey to Heathrow, which is always a bonus and saved a considerable amount of money. However, when we arrived we were greeted with rather awful service at reception, a big queue of people going nowhere fast and only one overworked member of staff dealing with it all. I do have a gold card with Accor hotels and this meant I did manage to get a couple of other members of staff out to help and I was dealt with rather quickly. I was also upgraded to a Business room, not sure what the difference was, but I think there may have been wi fi and I also got a robe and teac/coffee making facilities... whoooo...

Beds were comfortable and rooms are very clean if basic, the bathroom reminded me a little of those in the Travel Lodge, which isn´t saying much. The hotel appears to get a lot of trade from large tourist coach groups and consequently breakfast and checkout was manic. There was a huge queue for breakfast and again for checkout. Breakfast was fine, with plenty of choice but far too busy.

The hotel does have an excellent gym though that was well equipped with plenty of room, and big windows looking out at the city which made a nice change from the usual windowless gyms you get in most London hotels

I would stay here again if I had business in the area, as for a London hotel it is not overly expensive, and although its not that central it is London and getting around is relatively easy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fredericton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband had a meeting at BSI so we stayed here again - he for a week and me for four nights. The location to the tube and bus station are very good. This was our second visit to the hotel and it had undergone renovations since our last stay.
The breakfasts are good but the selection was smaller than I remember, however the choice are resonable. One can always go back several times if you are really hungry!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, November 16, 2012

Tromsø, Troms, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel is located a short 5 minutes walk from Hammersmith tube station where you can get directly to/from Heathrow Airport with the Piccadilly Line. Also in walking distance is the cheap and popular Primark Hammersmith store and several bars and smaller restaurants.

Check in/out could have been more efficient - had to wait for about 10 minutes at check in.

The restaurant serves a delicious buffet both at breakfast and dinner.

The rooms are clean and of good quality, with a comfortable bed, a desk and a sofa. You can connect your phone/MP3-device to the sound system in the room and get music in both the sleeping room and the bathroom. Very cool!

Novotel Lodnon West is absolutely a recommendable hotel in the western part of London!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
EdwardHobson, Director of Sales at Novotel London West, responded to this review, November 15, 2012

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Novotel London West? Share your experiences!