First off I will admit I am a little spoilt as I normally stay in the Sofitel St James when I visit London, but as this hotel was significantly closer to our meeting location, meaning a walk was preferable to cross city travel at rush hour, it made far more sense to stay here. The Novotel chain is part of the same group of hotels as the Sofitel so I still got the points, but it is definitely lacking and you can see why the Sofitel is a 5 star establishment.
The location of the hotel is very convenient for the Hammersmith tube station which in itself is an easy journey to Heathrow, which is always a bonus and saved a considerable amount of money. However, when we arrived we were greeted with rather awful service at reception, a big queue of people going nowhere fast and only one overworked member of staff dealing with it all. I do have a gold card with Accor hotels and this meant I did manage to get a couple of other members of staff out to help and I was dealt with rather quickly. I was also upgraded to a Business room, not sure what the difference was, but I think there may have been wi fi and I also got a robe and teac/coffee making facilities... whoooo...
Beds were comfortable and rooms are very clean if basic, the bathroom reminded me a little of those in the Travel Lodge, which isn´t saying much. The hotel appears to get a lot of trade from large tourist coach groups and consequently breakfast and checkout was manic. There was a huge queue for breakfast and again for checkout. Breakfast was fine, with plenty of choice but far too busy.
The hotel does have an excellent gym though that was well equipped with plenty of room, and big windows looking out at the city which made a nice change from the usual windowless gyms you get in most London hotels
I would stay here again if I had business in the area, as for a London hotel it is not overly expensive, and although its not that central it is London and getting around is relatively easy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located for easy access to all of London’s key business districts as well as historical, cultural and social attractions, Novotel London West is also conveniently close to Heathrow airport and has excellent road and rail links to the rest of the United Kingdom.This large, modern hotel offers guests a selection of different dining options as well as an extensive fitness centre, secure on-site parking, business services and meetings and events facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, Otel, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Novotel London West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel London West Hotel London
- Accor London West
- London Novotel
- Novotel London West England