“Wonderful warm hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Rembrandt

Save Saved
You added The Rembrandt to your Saves list
The Rembrandt
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Thurloe Place | Knightsbridge, London SW7 2RS, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Ranked #203 of 1,073 hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful warm hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Great location in knightsbridge and a cozy feel, Rembrandt is a fabulous hotel. Room of a good size comfortable bed and staff were polite and friendly. Chose to stay here due to location of shops and restaurants nearby. Great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear NigB788

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent stay. I am thrilled that you describe us as a fabulous hotel with a cozy feel. I am delighted that we provided clean, comfortable accommodation in a great location. We are extremely lucky to be close to world famous museums and shopping, as well as having an abundance of restaurants, cafes and bars within easy walking distance. I do hope that we will now be your London Hotel of choice and trust that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

1,371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Looked for a hotel near to Royal Albert Hall found Rembrandt. What a lovely clean welcoming hotel. Nothing was too much trouble, it was clean,quiet and had a certain air of calmness about it. Considering in the centre of London this was a great find.
Good selection at breakfast
Staff very polite and helpful
Will use this hotel again when next in London, especially at RAH.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear pauline s

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt and for awarding us your top score. I am delighted that you think we are a “great find” in London, this is a lovely compliment as we strive to be a “home away from home” for all of our guests. I am pleased that we provided clean, quiet, welcoming accommodation, where nothing was too much trouble. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the polite, helpful staff, I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team. I do hope that we will now be your preferred London hotel, especially when visiting the Royal Albert Hall, we are already looking forward to welcoming you back.

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Well I stayed there with a friend. We had a twin room and the room was quite big and the bath was also nice, except that there was no toilet brush. The staff was helpful and we also went to the resteraunt once, which was ok but the food was not the best, and the price for the food was quite expensive. All in all the hotel is a nice place to stay and the location is good. And for the price level in London the price we paid was fine

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear RichieQ2003

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt following your stay in February. I am delighted that you enjoyed our location opposite the V&A and close to Harrods and Hyde Park. I am pleased that we provided clean, comfortable accommodation that was spacious with a nice bathroom. Overall, I believe that we provided value for money in a good location – I do hope that you would consider returning to us on your next visit to London.

Mount Kisco, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

It was a difficult search to find a nice hotel at a great location that would accomnodate 3 persons in one room in London without breaking our travel budget. I hit the Jackpot with the Rembrandt. The hotel is a 3 min walk to the underground, 2 minutes from the museum district, and 10 minutes from Harrods Dept Store. The two blocks next to the hotel had many lovely cafe's and restaurants. It is also just a 15 min walk to Kensington Gardens. I brought my 13 and 15 year old daughter and upgraded to a executive room that had a pull out couch and king bed and little desk. The bath room was medium size but beautifully updated with travertin marble and modern fixtures and great water pressure on the shower. The pull out couch was not very comfortable for sleeping and the King mattress had lost a little bit of firmness, but for the price of the room, I had no complaints and the room was very quiet even on the first floor. The colors and fabrics in the room were very tasteful in a deep pretty turquise. I loved the English elements like the inset wall unit for Tea and Coffee. The breakfast was included with the room and the buffet was huge with a wide selection of hot and continental breakfast choices. The dinning hall was sunlit and nice. The staff was wonderful and very attentive and help us make reservations for several events. There are two computers in the lobby for checking your email or surfing the internet free of charge for guests. We had a maintenance issue with the bathroom and they came up right away and fixed it within 15 minutes of our arrival into the room. I loved the British atmosphere of the hotel and appreciated that the guests were from all over Europe and that I did not feel like I was in the United States. My only regret is that we only stayed 4 days.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Monique R

Thank you for your descriptive review of The Rembrandt and for awarding us your top score. I am over the moon that you describe your stay with us as fantastic. Our guests are multi-cultural and I am thrilled that we provided a British base for you in London with a friendly, authentic feel. We strive to offer good value for money and I am pleased that you feel that you struck lucky with the quality of the triple room for the price that you paid, in a central and safe location. Breakfast is included in all of our rates and I am delighted that you enjoyed the wide selection of items offered in Palette Restaurant. I hope that we will now be your London hotel of choice and that on your next visit you will be able to relax and enjoy a longer stay with us. Please Come Back Soon!

New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This was my 2nd trip to London. This hotel was excellent! Landed in Heathrow and took the tube right to S. Kensington stop. It was a 5 minute walk to The Rembrandt. Check in was quick and nice. Harrods is a 10 minute walk down the street. Near the tube station there was a cute square with a dozen restaurants and bars. And with the tube so close all of London was at our fingertips. You MUST go to the hotel bar. Excellent service, friendly wait staff. They knew our names after one visit and remembered what we drank. You just go visit them! The daily breakfast that was free was perfect. Just enough choices to hold us over until lunch out. It was a nice addition to our stay. Our phone charger didn't work and the front desk was nice enough to let us borrow one for our trip. The room was cute and clean. Spotless actually. Quiet as well. I literally cannot say anything bad about our stay. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Gene_R_12_12

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt, I am delighted that this was your second stay and that you will return to us again in a heartbeat. As we are on the Piccadilly underground line, our guests have an easy direct route from Heathrow into South Kensington and we are a short walk from the tube station. We are extremely lucky to be opposite world famous museums, close to Harrods and within walking distance of Hyde Park and the Royal Albert Hall, basically a perfect location for shopping or sightseeing. I am thrilled that you enjoyed 1606 Lounge and that you experienced excellent service with the team remembering not only your drinks but also your name. Our Concierge are extremely knowledgeable and helpful and are always on hand to assist guests with maps, reservations, directions or iphone chargers! I am pleased that we provided clean, quiet comfortable accommodation in a great location. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back for your third visit.

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed here for one night when seeing a show at the Royal Albert Hall. The hotel is in a perfect location, just 5 mins walk away from the Royal Albert Hall. It is also perfectly located for the V&A museum, which is just across the road. We also walked to Harrods from the hotel, which was only around a 5 minute walk away, the South Kensington tube station is also within walking distance.

The room itself was lovely, very spacious for London, with everything you need for a short stay, including a hairdryer, minibar, toiletries and bath robes. Bed was extremely comfortable, only issue we had with the room was the air conditioning unit was very loud, however we turned it off and it was fine. This may have been an issue in hotter weather though.

Breakfast was nice, presented as a self-serve buffet, with tea and coffee served at your table. Food was plentiful and tasty, although several items were colder then I would have like, especially the scrambled egg.

Overall it was a very pleasant stay, and I would recommend to family and friends and would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jazzpafc

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent stay and visit to The Royal Albert Hall. Like you we love our location which is perfect for sightseeing and shopping, we believe that we have everything on our doorstep. We are opposite world famous museums, V&A, Natural History and Science as well as being within walking distance of Harrods, Hyde Park and the Royal Albert Hall. Guests also have access to a direct 24hr bus route into the West End and we are in between two underground stations, South Kensington and Knightsbridge so travelling around the capital is easy. I am thrilled that the room was clean and comfortable with all of the amenities that you would expect from a superior four star hotel; including mini-bar, bathrobes and hairdryer. Personal recommendations are always the best, so I am delighted that you would have no hesitation in recommending us to your family and friends. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back later in 2014.

new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed for three nights at the beginning of April. We had a comfortable room (bigger than we usually see in London) with a king size bed and a lovely bathroom with a whirlpool bath. Our room faced the back and was quiet and the view of flowering trees very pretty. The window opened and the airconditioning, when used, was very efficient. The location is really excellent - so nice to pop into the V&A a couple of times! Lots of restaurants around. One night we were exhausted and ordered a couple of club sandwiches room service. Quick pleasant service and good food. Breakfast was good too with lots of choice. Highly recommended at this price point. A couple of issues: Even though we had the do not disturb sign on the door, a man entered with tons of shower curtains to replace the one in the shower (always a good thing) BUT my husband was in the bathroom and the man couldn't speak english and I almost had to physically block the bathroom door to keep him out. Think maybe he should have been better trained. The other thing we didn't like was that the hotel took a £50 deposit even though we had prepaid the whole stay six weeks before. As they also had our credit card information it seemed an unnecessary rudeness. So there is the exchange rate charge on our card for the £50 and then again for the refund. Not a lot of money but an annoyance. The heat/airconditioning controls stopped working but were promptly and efficiently fixed.
Again - recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear melker22

Thank you for your mainly positive review of the Rembrandt, I am delighted that you enjoyed your three night stay and found our accommodation larger than expected. I am pleased that we provided clean, comfortable quiet accommodation with a pretty view of residential Knightsbridge. I am over the moon that you feel we provided good value for money, especially as buffet breakfast was included in your rate. We are so lucky to have everything that our guests need within easy walking distance; museums, world famous shopping, two underground stations plus an abundance of restaurants and cafes. I am delighted that despite the two issues noted, you would recommend us and I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to London

Customer Service

Been to The Rembrandt? Share your experiences!