It was a difficult search to find a nice hotel at a great location that would accomnodate 3 persons in one room in London without breaking our travel budget. I hit the Jackpot with the Rembrandt. The hotel is a 3 min walk to the underground, 2 minutes from the museum district, and 10 minutes from Harrods Dept Store. The two blocks next to the hotel had many lovely cafe's and restaurants. It is also just a 15 min walk to Kensington Gardens. I brought my 13 and 15 year old daughter and upgraded to a executive room that had a pull out couch and king bed and little desk. The bath room was medium size but beautifully updated with travertin marble and modern fixtures and great water pressure on the shower. The pull out couch was not very comfortable for sleeping and the King mattress had lost a little bit of firmness, but for the price of the room, I had no complaints and the room was very quiet even on the first floor. The colors and fabrics in the room were very tasteful in a deep pretty turquise. I loved the English elements like the inset wall unit for Tea and Coffee. The breakfast was included with the room and the buffet was huge with a wide selection of hot and continental breakfast choices. The dinning hall was sunlit and nice. The staff was wonderful and very attentive and help us make reservations for several events. There are two computers in the lobby for checking your email or surfing the internet free of charge for guests. We had a maintenance issue with the bathroom and they came up right away and fixed it within 15 minutes of our arrival into the room. I loved the British atmosphere of the hotel and appreciated that the guests were from all over Europe and that I did not feel like I was in the United States. My only regret is that we only stayed 4 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rembrandt Hotel is located in Knightsbridge, tastefully combines elegant Edwardian architecture with contemporary design and is ideally located with exclusive access to designer shops and many of London's famous museums. Guests can relax with a drink or light meal in the 1606 Lounge Bar or enjoy a delicious Carvery in Palette Restaurant. Guests of The Rembrandt also have access to the adjacent Aquilla Health and Fitness Centre at a reduced rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your The Rembrandt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rembrandt Hotel London
- Rembrandt Hotel London
- The Rembrandt London, England