“So happy with The Rembrandt!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Rembrandt

You added The Rembrandt to your Saves list
The Rembrandt
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Thurloe Place | Knightsbridge, London SW7 2RS, England   |
Special Price
15% off Best Rates
Ranked #231 of 1,064 Hotels in London
New Jersey, United States
“So happy with The Rembrandt!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This was my 2nd trip to London. This hotel was excellent! Landed in Heathrow and took the tube right to S. Kensington stop. It was a 5 minute walk to The Rembrandt. Check in was quick and nice. Harrods is a 10 minute walk down the street. Near the tube station there was a cute square with a dozen restaurants and bars. And with the tube so close all of London was at our fingertips. You MUST go to the hotel bar. Excellent service, friendly wait staff. They knew our names after one visit and remembered what we drank. You just go visit them! The daily breakfast that was free was perfect. Just enough choices to hold us over until lunch out. It was a nice addition to our stay. Our phone charger didn't work and the front desk was nice enough to let us borrow one for our trip. The room was cute and clean. Spotless actually. Quiet as well. I literally cannot say anything bad about our stay. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Gene_R_12_12

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt, I am delighted that this was your second stay and that you will return to us again in a heartbeat. As we are on the Piccadilly underground line, our guests have an easy direct route from Heathrow into South Kensington and we are a short walk from the tube station. We are extremely lucky to be opposite world famous museums, close to Harrods and within walking distance of Hyde Park and the Royal Albert Hall, basically a perfect location for shopping or sightseeing. I am thrilled that you enjoyed 1606 Lounge and that you experienced excellent service with the team remembering not only your drinks but also your name. Our Concierge are extremely knowledgeable and helpful and are always on hand to assist guests with maps, reservations, directions or iphone chargers! I am pleased that we provided clean, quiet comfortable accommodation in a great location. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back for your third visit.

Customer Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed here for one night when seeing a show at the Royal Albert Hall. The hotel is in a perfect location, just 5 mins walk away from the Royal Albert Hall. It is also perfectly located for the V&A museum, which is just across the road. We also walked to Harrods from the hotel, which was only around a 5 minute walk away, the South Kensington tube station is also within walking distance.

The room itself was lovely, very spacious for London, with everything you need for a short stay, including a hairdryer, minibar, toiletries and bath robes. Bed was extremely comfortable, only issue we had with the room was the air conditioning unit was very loud, however we turned it off and it was fine. This may have been an issue in hotter weather though.

Breakfast was nice, presented as a self-serve buffet, with tea and coffee served at your table. Food was plentiful and tasty, although several items were colder then I would have like, especially the scrambled egg.

Overall it was a very pleasant stay, and I would recommend to family and friends and would stay again if in the area.

Dear Jazzpafc

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent stay and visit to The Royal Albert Hall. Like you we love our location which is perfect for sightseeing and shopping, we believe that we have everything on our doorstep. We are opposite world famous museums, V&A, Natural History and Science as well as being within walking distance of Harrods, Hyde Park and the Royal Albert Hall. Guests also have access to a direct 24hr bus route into the West End and we are in between two underground stations, South Kensington and Knightsbridge so travelling around the capital is easy. I am thrilled that the room was clean and comfortable with all of the amenities that you would expect from a superior four star hotel; including mini-bar, bathrobes and hairdryer. Personal recommendations are always the best, so I am delighted that you would have no hesitation in recommending us to your family and friends. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back later in 2014.

new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed for three nights at the beginning of April. We had a comfortable room (bigger than we usually see in London) with a king size bed and a lovely bathroom with a whirlpool bath. Our room faced the back and was quiet and the view of flowering trees very pretty. The window opened and the airconditioning, when used, was very efficient. The location is really excellent - so nice to pop into the V&A a couple of times! Lots of restaurants around. One night we were exhausted and ordered a couple of club sandwiches room service. Quick pleasant service and good food. Breakfast was good too with lots of choice. Highly recommended at this price point. A couple of issues: Even though we had the do not disturb sign on the door, a man entered with tons of shower curtains to replace the one in the shower (always a good thing) BUT my husband was in the bathroom and the man couldn't speak english and I almost had to physically block the bathroom door to keep him out. Think maybe he should have been better trained. The other thing we didn't like was that the hotel took a £50 deposit even though we had prepaid the whole stay six weeks before. As they also had our credit card information it seemed an unnecessary rudeness. So there is the exchange rate charge on our card for the £50 and then again for the refund. Not a lot of money but an annoyance. The heat/airconditioning controls stopped working but were promptly and efficiently fixed.
Again - recommended.

Dear melker22

Thank you for your mainly positive review of the Rembrandt, I am delighted that you enjoyed your three night stay and found our accommodation larger than expected. I am pleased that we provided clean, comfortable quiet accommodation with a pretty view of residential Knightsbridge. I am over the moon that you feel we provided good value for money, especially as buffet breakfast was included in your rate. We are so lucky to have everything that our guests need within easy walking distance; museums, world famous shopping, two underground stations plus an abundance of restaurants and cafes. I am delighted that despite the two issues noted, you would recommend us and I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to London

suffolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here just for 1 night in April on a girlie trip to London. Perfect location for the V and A museum, short walk from South Ken tube, past loads of restaurants and cafes.

Hotel has a great lounge area and bar and staff were great.

Would stay here again as I love this part of town.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear linso1000

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent “girlie trip”. Like you, we love our location which is fantastic for both sightseeing and shopping. We are opposite the V&A, close to the Natural History and Science Museums and Hyde Park is within walking distance. For girls who like to shop Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Sloane Street are a few minutes away – what more could any girl want!?! After a long day of shopping I am glad that you were able to relax in 1606 Lounge. I am delighted that have fallen in love with this part of the capital and I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

i was treated for my 60th birthday to a stay in london & a show , by my sister, we had a ,wonderful time. Hotel was very clean, room 135 had double french windows overlooking V&A museum, very comfortable beds a little road noise (but who goes to London for peace & quiet) .Breakfast was lovely , staff were very friendly. I would definately return to this hotel.

Dear pauline m

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt, following your special 60th birthday celebrations, I am delighted that you had a wonderful time. I am thrilled that we provided clean, comfortable accommodation with a fantastic view of the V&A. I am pleased that you found the team friendly & helpful and that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast. Personal recommendations are always the best, I am over the moon that you would return, we are already looking forward to welcoming you back, perhaps for your 61st celebrations?

Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The Rembrandt Hotel is just five minutes walk from Harrods and The Tube. The staff are all very friendly and efficient. The room (167) was larger than we normally get in London, it was clean and the bed comfortable and lovely and big. The bathroom is very small but adequate. The room really needs repainted. The floors squeak and the squeaking from the room above kept us awake. There was no pen provided only a pencil, I don't like completing "Comment Cards" in pencil. There is a great variety at breakfast and very nice, just not hot enough, I realise it's hard when catering for so many and the breakfast room was always busy when we were there. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We had a meal in the bar (the Dining Room was empty) and it was lovely. I would recommend this hotel for convenience, cleanliness and been friendly.

Room Tip: Get a room as high as possible, not floor 1. Our room was noisy and the floor squeaky.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Silverfox21

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent stay. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the hotels location, directly opposite the V&A, close to Harrods, Hyde Park and in between Knightsbridge or South Kensington underground stations. I am pleased that we provided clean, comfortable accommodation and with a large, luxurious bed. Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day and the team work hard to ensure that the buffet items are replenished and that the cooked items are hot and appetising, I am delighted that the team were friendly and helpful and that overall you would recommend us for convenience. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Yeovil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night in April 2014. The situation is very good, close to the South Kensington tube and with lots of restaurants around, Harrods just down the road, the V&A across the road and the Natural History Museum down from that.

The hotel looks very nice as you go in, the reception area is clean and spacious and the dining room/bar area is also very comfortable. The breakfast was superb, one of the best we have had. The staff are fairly friendly, not overly welcoming, not compared to a hotel we stayed at in Camden Town where we genuinely felt a warm reception but they did their job and we didn't have any issues checking in or out, they looked after our bags for us as we arrived a few hours before we could check in and left hours after we had to check out so all in all they were fine.

The room was no different to a standard hotels, it was very warm which I hated, we had to have the windows open which was a pain during the night as there must of been a generator of some description close by which hummed incessantly, and of course the road noise. If we shut the windows and turned the air con unit on that was loud enough to hear outside the room! The whole hotel was warm, no need! It was warm outside and after a long walk around London you want to feel refreshed when you come back not equally as flustered. The room was fairly basic, nothing luxurious what so ever, the bathroom was tiny but did have a good quality Grohe shower which maintained a good temperature regardless of the time of day. The bedding was cheap, the pillows were cheap but the king size bed was comfortable. I understand some rooms are better than others as parts of the hotel are being refurbed so maybe ask to see your room before checking in to it. It was fairly expensive for one night and if I'm honest the room was no different to a room half its price, however you are central and the breakfast was good so overall it was a good stay and I would recommend.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before if you are staying for more than one night.
Dear MelissaCurley

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt, following your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed our location opposite the V&A, close to the Natural History and Science Museums. A short walk in the opposite direction will lead you to Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Hyde Park so we believe we have something to suit everyone on our doorstep. We are in between two underground stations, South Kensington and Knightsbridge and are directly opposite a 24hr bus route into the West End, so our guests can easily navigate around the capital. We are not a purpose built hotel and all of our rooms vary in size, shape and decor, every effort is made to offer a realistic description of each room category on our website. The bedroom air-conditioning should have been in good working order and allowed you to control the room temperature to your preferred d level, I am sorry that this was not your experience. Overall you have stated that you had a good stay and would recommend us. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back later in 2014.

Customer Service

Been to The Rembrandt? Share your experiences!