“Great location for South Ken” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Rembrandt

Save Saved
You added The Rembrandt to your Saves list
The Rembrandt
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Thurloe Place | Knightsbridge, London SW7 2RS, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off Best Rates
Ranked #232 of 1,055 Hotels in London
suffolk
“Great location for South Ken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here just for 1 night in April on a girlie trip to London. Perfect location for the V and A museum, short walk from South Ken tube, past loads of restaurants and cafes.

Hotel has a great lounge area and bar and staff were great.

Would stay here again as I love this part of town.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear linso1000

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent “girlie trip”. Like you, we love our location which is fantastic for both sightseeing and shopping. We are opposite the V&A, close to the Natural History and Science Museums and Hyde Park is within walking distance. For girls who like to shop Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Sloane Street are a few minutes away – what more could any girl want!?! After a long day of shopping I am glad that you were able to relax in 1606 Lounge. I am delighted that have fallen in love with this part of the capital and I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Customer Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

i was treated for my 60th birthday to a stay in london & a show , by my sister, we had a ,wonderful time. Hotel was very clean, room 135 had double french windows overlooking V&A museum, very comfortable beds a little road noise (but who goes to London for peace & quiet) .Breakfast was lovely , staff were very friendly. I would definately return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear pauline m

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt, following your special 60th birthday celebrations, I am delighted that you had a wonderful time. I am thrilled that we provided clean, comfortable accommodation with a fantastic view of the V&A. I am pleased that you found the team friendly & helpful and that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast. Personal recommendations are always the best, I am over the moon that you would return, we are already looking forward to welcoming you back, perhaps for your 61st celebrations?

Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The Rembrandt Hotel is just five minutes walk from Harrods and The Tube. The staff are all very friendly and efficient. The room (167) was larger than we normally get in London, it was clean and the bed comfortable and lovely and big. The bathroom is very small but adequate. The room really needs repainted. The floors squeak and the squeaking from the room above kept us awake. There was no pen provided only a pencil, I don't like completing "Comment Cards" in pencil. There is a great variety at breakfast and very nice, just not hot enough, I realise it's hard when catering for so many and the breakfast room was always busy when we were there. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We had a meal in the bar (the Dining Room was empty) and it was lovely. I would recommend this hotel for convenience, cleanliness and been friendly.

Room Tip: Get a room as high as possible, not floor 1. Our room was noisy and the floor squeaky.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Silverfox21

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent stay. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the hotels location, directly opposite the V&A, close to Harrods, Hyde Park and in between Knightsbridge or South Kensington underground stations. I am pleased that we provided clean, comfortable accommodation and with a large, luxurious bed. Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day and the team work hard to ensure that the buffet items are replenished and that the cooked items are hot and appetising, I am delighted that the team were friendly and helpful and that overall you would recommend us for convenience. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Yeovil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night in April 2014. The situation is very good, close to the South Kensington tube and with lots of restaurants around, Harrods just down the road, the V&A across the road and the Natural History Museum down from that.

The hotel looks very nice as you go in, the reception area is clean and spacious and the dining room/bar area is also very comfortable. The breakfast was superb, one of the best we have had. The staff are fairly friendly, not overly welcoming, not compared to a hotel we stayed at in Camden Town where we genuinely felt a warm reception but they did their job and we didn't have any issues checking in or out, they looked after our bags for us as we arrived a few hours before we could check in and left hours after we had to check out so all in all they were fine.

The room was no different to a standard hotels, it was very warm which I hated, we had to have the windows open which was a pain during the night as there must of been a generator of some description close by which hummed incessantly, and of course the road noise. If we shut the windows and turned the air con unit on that was loud enough to hear outside the room! The whole hotel was warm, no need! It was warm outside and after a long walk around London you want to feel refreshed when you come back not equally as flustered. The room was fairly basic, nothing luxurious what so ever, the bathroom was tiny but did have a good quality Grohe shower which maintained a good temperature regardless of the time of day. The bedding was cheap, the pillows were cheap but the king size bed was comfortable. I understand some rooms are better than others as parts of the hotel are being refurbed so maybe ask to see your room before checking in to it. It was fairly expensive for one night and if I'm honest the room was no different to a room half its price, however you are central and the breakfast was good so overall it was a good stay and I would recommend.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before if you are staying for more than one night.
Dear MelissaCurley

Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt, following your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed our location opposite the V&A, close to the Natural History and Science Museums. A short walk in the opposite direction will lead you to Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Hyde Park so we believe we have something to suit everyone on our doorstep. We are in between two underground stations, South Kensington and Knightsbridge and are directly opposite a 24hr bus route into the West End, so our guests can easily navigate around the capital. We are not a purpose built hotel and all of our rooms vary in size, shape and decor, every effort is made to offer a realistic description of each room category on our website. The bedroom air-conditioning should have been in good working order and allowed you to control the room temperature to your preferred d level, I am sorry that this was not your experience. Overall you have stated that you had a good stay and would recommend us. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back later in 2014.

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 6 days in the hotel, and the a/c broke down in day 2 and never was repaired. The staff got inside my room at 9 o'clock on the day I was supposed to check out when I was sleeping for no reason. Also when I put up the don't disturb note on the door, they call my room because the housekeeping wants to finish off their work ASAP which I don't understand why?!?!? After all I spoke to the duty manager and she just offered me a drink which I refused. Then when I was checking out they said they gave me £31 discount!!!!!! And by the way I paid over £1200 for the stay! Then I asked to speak to the head manager who refused to talk to me saying that she's in a "meeting"!

My advice, avoid this hotel and never accept little compensations because you won't be able to complain to the authorities in UK who can get you what you really deserve from any hotel in the country.

• Stayed April 2014
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear omaralkhalaf

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us (The Rembrandt). It is always disappointing to receive negative comments, as we focus on excellent customer service and aim to resolve any issues as and when they occur. I have been able to identify the Duty Manager who spoke to you and whilst she thought that she had dealt with all of your concerns amicably, it is clear that she did not. Your view is important to us and constructive feedback helps us improve, your contact details have been passed onto our Director of Sales, who will contact you directly in an attempt to appease your disappointment and restore your faith in the hotel.

Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Having lived in London for many years and now still close enough to get home after theatre visits etc in London, my experience of London hotels is limited. However, a night's stay in this hotel for a wedding anniversary (we had our wedding reception in this hotel many years ago) was most enjoyable. Our room was very large and decor and facilities were pristine, with a massive bed and a beautifully appointed bathroom. The service generally was friendly and helpful, the hotel lounge is comfortable and restful with a bar and light snacks being served by efficient and friendly staff. Breakfast is good with plenty of choice of hot and cold food. We went out for our evening meal, so I cannot comment on the hotel's restaurant, nor did we visit the gym. All in all, we found The Rembrandt a good choice for a London visit considering its excellent location and, for London, reasonable rates.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Shamboleg

Thank you for taking time to review The Rembrandt following your special anniversary reservation in February. I am thrilled that we provided spacious, pristine, well appointed accommodation, and that you have awarded us your top score. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and found the team friendly and helpful. Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day and I am pleased that you enjoyed the wide selection of hot and cold items, as well as some light snacks in 1606 Lounge Bar. I am over the moon that you had a nice experience, in a fabulous location that you considered reasonable value, especially for London. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again, perhaps for a birthday celebration?
Kin d regards

Solihull UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We came to stay at the Rembrandt through recommendation and we’re glad that we found it. It had everything that we wished for during our one night stay, and at a reasonable price. The room, the bed, bathroom, staff & breakfast were all first class – far better than most other London hotels that we’ve stopped at. It is well located for Harrods, the museums and Albert Hall, but a bit of a way out for the West End, however it was worth it. It also had a safe in the room and free WiFi (vital on my list of things that a good hotel has).
Would we go back – yes, most certainly.

Room Tip: Ask in advance for a room with a walk-in shower, unless you really want a bath.
Dear BeBeTheCatUK

Thank you for your positive review of The Rembrandt and for awarding us your top score. I am thrilled that you were happy with the recommendation and that we provided a “First Class” experience. Like you we love our location opposite the V&A and close to world famous museums and stores, Harrods is only 5 minutes walk away. We constantly strive to improve our facilities and service and complimentary Wifi is now a must for all travellers, as are bedroom safes. I will ensure that your feedback is circulated to the team and I do hope that we will now be your London hotel of choice.

Customer Service

Been to The Rembrandt? Share your experiences!