“better rooms for offer guests!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Rembrandt

Save Saved
You added The Rembrandt to your Saves list
The Rembrandt
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Thurloe Place | Knightsbridge, London SW7 2RS, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Ranked #199 of 1,075 hotels in London
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“better rooms for offer guests!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stay in this part of London at least twice a month and an offer came through via the telegraph so thought I'd try this hotel instead of Kensington Close or Copthorne Tara etc.
The hotel is great and the staff friendly and efficient. The only issue I have with these offers is that the hotel proprietor never capitalises on the opportunity. I often find that if you have booked through an offer you are given the less attractive rooms which is ridiculous, as if I were given the best available, chances are I'd stay there again. My room was very small and a bit shabby to be honest. The furniture had seen better days and the boasts of 'fantastic power shower' did not happen in my room! The pool is nice enough and for tourists it would be tough to beat the location. But listen up you hoteliers, think about giving guests who try the hotel via an offer a better room. Like me, they may well stay in that area often and you could end up with a loyal regular customer!

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear lin s
Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent stay. I am delighted that you chose to use us when you saw a special package offer. As a hotel we sell to our room categories, on the offer that you booked via, you would have been able to select a Superior, Executive or Club room, the price increased accordingly. All of our rooms do vary in size and shape however after viewing your room, if you indicted to the Front Office that you felt your room did not meet your expectations then I am confident that we would have offered you an alternative. It is not always possible to offer our guests complimentary upgrades, however, it is something that we actively promote and we do strive to comply with our guests special requests and likes and dislikes. I am delighted that you found the team friendly and efficient and that you liked our fabulous location opposite the Victoria & Albert Museum. Ideally, we want all of our guests to leave happy and of course we hope that they will all want to return. I do hope that you would consider returning to us in the future.

1,561 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Czech first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at the Rembrandt for five nights in May 2013 due to its close proximity to the tube and its location in the Knightsbridge/Kensington area and I could not fault it at all. I received a complimentary room upgrade facing the V&A Museum, and although my room was facing the main road, my room was very quiet due to the double glazed doors. My room was not only a very decent size (for London standards), it was super clean and had character. I thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in the comfortable king-sized bed and I was satisfied with the modern bathroom complete with spa bath. The buffet breakfast was included in my stay and I found there was an adequate range of hot and cold selections to choose from. The front desk staff were very friendly during my check-in and check-out and I have no hesitations in choosing Rembrandt again when I return to London for my next holiday.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor facing the V&A museum and I had no problems with road noise
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Thazl
Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt following your vacation in May 2013, I am delighted that you have awarded us your top score and described us as “your home away from home”. I am thrilled that you could not fault your stay and I am pleased to note that you were lucky to receive a complimentary bedroom upgrade. I am glad that we provided clean, quiet, modern accommodation, that you deemed to be a decent size, by London standards. Breakfast is included in all of our rates and I am pleased that you enjoyed the wide selection of hot and cold items. I am over the moon, that you would have no hesitation to recommend us and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next holiday to London.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Located just across from the Victoria and Albert Museum, The Rembrandt is a gem of a hotel in an area filled full of wannabees. We stayed over the weekend and enjoyed being near great transportation options as well as good restaurant choices. We had an interior view room which was perhaps a bit small and antiquated but the hotel is refurbishing and another person in our party had quite a modern room. It must be said that the room was very comfortable and not really much to complain about.

Service at the bar in the hotel was a bit slow but we weren't in a hurry so it didn't really rub. The breakfast service was good and the hired help was very pleasant and efficient. Free wifi that actually works and good cleaning staff were also pluses for the hotel.

Overall, for the money, this hotel is high up on my list too.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Gweilow
Thank you, for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your recent stay, I am thrilled that you describe us as a gem of a hotel. We are so lucky to be in between two underground stations so our guests have access to either, Knightsbridge or South Kensington, as well as having a 24hr bus service into the West End. There are an abundance of restaurants and cafes in the local area which cater to all tastes and budgets including Michelin stars! All of our rooms vary in size and shape, we do have some rooms which are more traditional while a large number have been refurbished and modernised. Wifi is now a must for all of our guests both corporate and leisure travellers, I am pleased you were able to benefit from this. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the pleasant and efficient team. I am delighted that you feel we provided good value for money and that you would rate us mostly highly. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Ellon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed here for one night on business. It is a friendly hotel, good quality and clean rooms and very efficient staff. The hotel is opposite Victoria and Albert Museum and only a short, pleasant walk to Harrods. Check in and out is also quick and efficient. Breakfast is buffet style with ample choice. Unfortunately, at the latter stage of breakfast, we had a false fire alarm (it happens). Being fully dressed, it was therefore effortless (lol) and of little concern. For lunch, in the bar, I had a rather nice Chicken Caesar Salad with an enjoyable glass of Pinot Grigio. However, I found this rather expensive and hence a little disappointed. Nevertheless, I would not hesitate to both recommend and return. Ease of access...South Kensington Tube ctation is only a five minute walk away.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor facing a side street. I did not notice any real noise and wouldn't h...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rennie C
Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt, I am delighted that you enjoyed your overnight business trip. I am pleased that we provided clean, comfortable accommodation with friendly, efficient service. I am thrilled that you loved our location, opposite the Victoria & Albert Museum, close to Harrods and within easy walking distance to either South Kensington or Knightsbridge underground stations. Belatedly, I can only apologise that your breakfast was disturbed by a false fire alarm, however, our guests safety is of paramount importance and if the alarm is triggered then we do evacuate, we would rather be safe than sorry. I am thrilled that you would recommend us and have no hesitation to return. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back later in the year.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We returned to this hotel, having stayed before two years ago. It's location is excellent - just across the road from the V & A Museum, handy to many Knightsbridge and Kensington shops and only a five minute walk to South Kensington tube station. On arrival we were welcomed as returning guests and given a free room upgrade. As we had paid well in advance at a discount rate, our room was excellent value. For a London hotel, it was quite spacious with a very comfortable super king bed, a couch and two arm chairs, a desk and a decent sized bathroom. In addition, it was very quiet, being at the rear of the hotel and not overlooking the street - just as we had requested. The buffet breakfast is included in the room rate and, while it is nothing fancy, it has quite an adequate range of hot and cold selections. We had dinner in the hotel one night and enjoyed an excellent meal along with some drinks. There were two very minor quibbles about our stay. Firstly, the pillows were all the same size and when we asked for some firmer ones, housekeeping provided two more very soft ones. We put some together. Secondly, our do not disturb sign kept being taken away and, when we queried it, were told that it had been left on the bed. It hadn't and we were given another one. This happened for each of our five days - very strange. However, The Rembrandt is a very comfortable and good value hotel in London and we would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Shane M
Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt following your second stay with us, I am delighted that as returning guests you were not disappointed. I am thrilled that we were able to acknowledge your loyalty and were able to offer a complimentary bedroom upgrade. I am pleased that we provided spacious, quiet accommodation, that was clean and had an extremely comfortable bed. We do offer an advance purchase rate and if guests choose this rate then they can receive a large discount and secure our lowest advertised rates, all of which include full English breakfast. Like you we love our location, opposite the V&A, close to Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Hyde Park, our guests also benefit from easy access to South Kensington or Knightsbridge underground stations. I am delighted that you feel we offer good value for money and that you would have no hesitation in recommending us. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next vacation to London.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The hotel is clean and the rooms are modern and very spacious for London. Well located (on the same street as Harrods, opposite the Victoria and Albert museum), less than 5 min walk to the tube station. Plenty of options nearby to have a drink or something to eat.
Breakfast is nice (continental and English buffet) although for this kind of hotel you could expect an a la carte breakfast menu.
The staff was friendly and helpful>
The spa is nice, but I wish we had been told beforehand that we couldn't go in the swimmingpool between 10.15 and 11am because of an aquagym lesson so we would have planned our morning a bit better so don't hesitate to ask if lessons are taking place before you go!
Would definitely recommend, especially if you can get a special offer on the room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Celine_B0802
Thank you for taking the time to review The Rembrandt, I am thrilled that you had a great stay. I am pleased that we provided clean, comfortable, spacious and modern accommodation in a fantastic location. We are directly opposite the V&A and our guests can easily walk to The Royal Albert Hall, Harrods and Hyde Park. Aquilla Health Spa, is a private members club and we do offer a variety of lessons, however it is also available for hotel residents and the Aquilla reception staff will always assist with advice on lesson times, booking beauty treatments or personal training sessions. I am delighted that the team were friendly and helpful and that you would defiantly recommend us. I do hope that we will now be your London hotel of choice and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I got a special deal on this hotel which included free use of the adjacent spa facilities. I had a superior room which was very spacious and included a desk and armchairs. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. When I booked in, the receptionist was very keen to find me a room which suited my requests - a quiet room on a high floor. My room was at the back. Since I like to sleep with the window open, I would recommend anyone else who does this to book a room at the rear. The front of the hotel is on a busy road. However, there is double glazing for those who don't open the windows.
I enjoyed the spa facilities. They were clean and well managed. It was pleasant, after a busy day, to swim in the pool which I only had to share with one other person! The sauna was very hot though at 90 C!
There was a good selection at breakfast. The croissants were warm which I always feel makes a difference. There was also fresh melon which was delicious. The staff were very attentive and a dish was whisked away as soon as it was empty.
I found all the staff in the hotel friendly and helpful - even the housekeepers said "good morning".
I would definitely book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Sleep at the back if you sleep with the window open.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Imperium66
Thank you for your lovely, descriptive review of The Rembrandt. I am thrilled that you had a pleasant stay with us and that we were receptive to your needs and requests. While every effort is made to comply with our guests special requests, during busy periods, it is not always possible to please everyone. Therefore, I am delighted that your requests were met and you were allocated a quiet room at the back, on a higher floor with windows that opened. Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day, as it is included in all of our rates, I am pleased that you enjoyed the wide selection of items offered and found the team attentive, efficient and friendly. We strive to be a “home away from home” to all of our guests by providing comfortable, clean, spacious accommodation with friendly, professional service, I believe that we have achieved this during your stay. I am delighted that you would definitely book with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

Customer Service

Been to The Rembrandt? Share your experiences!