“Best Choice for London Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Rembrandt

You added The Rembrandt to your Saves list
The Rembrandt
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Thurloe Place | Knightsbridge, London SW7 2RS, England   |
Special Price
15% off Best Rates
Ranked #228 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Melbourne, Australia
“Best Choice for London Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Have stayed in many hotels around London before but picked the rembrandt purely on location and proximity to the museums. It looks like a small hotel from the front but its certainly not!

Upon check in our room was not ready which was to be expected as we arrived about 9:30am. The receptionist noted my request for a room facing the V&A museum and one situated on a high floor. She instantly upgraded us to a king room and offered us a room with a view!

We entered the room unsure as to what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was on the 3rd floor on the corner of the building. The room had a huge king bed, spa bath, balcony and view of the museum.

I strongly urge to request a room facing the museums. The chance to have a balcony was well worth it, especially for those warmer days. We could have the French doors open and listen to the hustle and bustle below. The traffic although noisy was blocked out by the double glazing. Big black out curtains made sleeping a breeze.

Breakfast was a buffet style with table service for tea and coffee. The host in the restaurant was a delight and remembered us every day we were there. Choice of food was abundant and fresh. They stopped serving around 10am which was great for us late sleepers.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Nothing was a hassle for them. I would strongly recommend this hotel and will most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Katherine2409
Thank you for your glowing feedback of The Rembrandt and for awarding us the perfect score. I am thrilled that you enjoyed every element of your stay with us and that you were lucky to receive a complimentary room upgrade which gave you a fantastic view of The Victoria & Albert Museum. Thank you for your detailed description of our bedrooms, I am delighted that the double glazing and heavy curtains ensured that your bedroom, although centrally located and front facing, was quiet and made sleeping a breeze! Breakfast is our busiest meal and is included in all of our rates, during the week this meal is served from 7.00am – 10.00am to facilitate all of our guests needs, both business and leisure. I am pleased that we met or exceeded your expectations and that you will most definitely return. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards
Customer Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Polish first
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for work purpose. I was very satisfied for the location because it's at walking distance from the "fashion district" (Harrods, Harvey Nichols, Sloane Street) where I was working and, at the same time, few steps from South Kensington where you can find nice places to eat and relax (park, museums etc).
The hotel is good, room with space enough and clean bathroom. The service is perfect and the receptionists are very nice. I did not try the breakfast.
The price, indeed, was really OK comparing to other hotels in the same area. I payd almost 150 pounds per night, which is not bad for a 4 stars hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Trickypv,

Thank you for your great review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Rembrandt, even though it was a business trip.

We are very lucky to be in such a great location surrounded by fabulous shopping, stunning museums, plus an abundance of cafes and restaurants, to suit all tastes.

Breakfast is included in all our rates and it is a shame you did not get to enjoy this. However, I am pleased that you feel we offered good value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week from May 25 until June 1, 2013, while vacationing in London. The hotel's location is perfect! It is directly across from the Victoria & Albert Museum and the Natural History Museum, and it is about two blocks from the South Kensington Underground station, which makes it a breeze to get around the city. It is also within walking distance of several attractions. We easily walked from the hotel to Buckingham Palance and Westminster Abbey, which is a great way to see the shopping area around Harrod's and the parks and monuments around the palace, among other sites. There is also a great little Italian restaurant, Orsini, about two doors down from the hotel's entrance. We had dinner there the night we arrived and the night before the we left - the best meals we had all during the trip!

So, as you can guess, the hotel's location was my favorite thing about it. That being said, the hotel was otherwise quite nice. It has boutique hotel feel. We arrived around 9:30 am after an overnight flight and, as expected, our room was not ready. We were told it was guaranteed for 2 pm, so after checking our luggage at the hotel, we dragged ourselves around for the next few hours as we tried to stay awake. They did offer use of the spa to shower and rest, but we decided to wait for the room. Once 2 pm came, I was delighted to find how nice the room was. I booked the executive double. It was updated and larger than I'd expected. It actually had a queen bed. The room was very clean and housekeeping did a great job each day. One odd issue was that the bed coverings had no sheet to cover with, only the heavy duvet. I asked about this at the front desk, but the person I spoke with seemed to have no idea what I wanted or was talking about. However, she did contact housekeeping and we returned to find two additional sheets folded and left on the bed for our use. Another issue is that we could not figure our how to control the temperature in our room. We ended up being very warm the first night, which is what prompted me to ask about the missing sheet. I never inquired about the thermostat; we just left a window open and enjoyed the cool night air. (We had a third floor room.) We were also awakened one morning by the fire alarm and had to evacuate. This was around 7 am. Luckily, our room was at the end of a hallway right next to the fire escape. We stood outside about 10 minutes. One fire truck arrived, quickly left, and we were allowed back in. Apparently, and fortunately, there was no fire, We never found out the reason for the fire alarm.

The hotel also provides a breakfast buffet each morning as part of your stay. That was a great convenience, especially as we ususally had no time to stop for another meal until the evening! We skipped the buffet a couple of days for the sake of variety and when we had to be somewhere very early; the burffet starts at 7 or 7:30 am, I believe.

Finally, I did not notice any children at the hotel while we were there. My husband says there were a few. The clientel appeared to consist of mostly couples vacationing or business travelers. The night before we left, I asked the concierge to book a taxi for our ride to the airport. When we came down the morning of our departure, the driver was in the lobby awaiting us. I do recommend this hotel for visiting London and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BexEdwards,

Thank you for your extremely descriptive review of The Rembrandt.
I am pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your week's vacation and found us to be in an ideal location to help you navigate around the capital! You certainly were busy and clearly crammed a lot in during your trip.

The Rembrandt is a completely non smoking hotel and the fire alarm and subsequent evacuation during your stay was caused by a guest smoking in one of our bedrooms. The safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and therefore, when the alarm sounds, we evacuate and call the Fire Brigade. On this occasion it was a false alarm; an apology was announced via our Public Address system and any member of our team would have informed you of the reason for the alarm.

Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day at the hotel and it is included in all of our room rates. I am pleased that you enjoyed it and it sustained you for your busy days.

I am delighted that you would consider returning to us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Harare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Rembrandt which I would describe as competent rather than very good or the like. The staff were very helpful but the rooms and food were adequate . There are several very good restaurants within walking distance and from here its very easy to get to other parts of London with ease. Enjoyed the stay but would try elsewhere next time for that extra something.

Room Tip: Insist on a large bathroom as some are minute!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear HarareScotsman,

Thank you for your mainly positive review of The Rembrandt.
We are ideally located for exploring London and have fantastic transportation links to the rest of the capital. Within the local vicinity there are restaurants to cater to everyone's tastes and budgets, including numerous Michelin stars!

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found the staff helpful.
I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to show you how we can excel and shine.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Had the opportunity to stay here for few nights whilst on business, the hotel and its facilities were very good, we were in a Grand room and pleasantly impressed with the quality of the furnishings and the cleanliness, great position for seeing London. The breakfast buffet was plentiful although the cooked breakfast was obviously cooked earlier and kept warm resulting in either cold or dried out food, not reflecting the quality of the facilities of the hotel

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear delwy,

Thank you for your descriptive review of the hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and found our facilities clean and good, in a central location. Our Grand bedrooms are our highest classification, so therefore they are our largest rooms with a touch of luxury.

I am sorry that our hot breakfast selection did not meet your expectations. The hot items are cooked on demand by our breakfast chef and are served from our ambient buffet to keep them hot. I will however ensure your feedback is passed onto our Food & Beverage Manager.

I do hope you will consider using us again in the future.

Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks in England that were among the best times I've ever had. We always stay at the Rembrandt. The staff can't do enough for you on a consistent basis. They helped us solve monumental down to trivial problems in a timely and efficient manner during our stay. The location is a prime one for access to multiple museums and the Tube. Amazing food offered day and night. Their breakfast is not to be believed, and we loved having tea and scones available at all hours. If I ever win the lottery I am going to live at the Rembrandt all year long.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LoveToLiveLarge,

Thank you for your unique review of The Rembrandt.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we are your London hotel of choice. I will ensure that your kind comments are shared with the team and I am pleased to note that we have been effective and efficient in resolving problems for you!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Keith, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had a lovely stay. The hotel was above average and good sized room for a city hotel. Location ideal for tube bus taxi walking. You need to pay for the pool etc but small charge for good facilities. Continental breakfast was way more hot food available also. We felt well looked after and it was a well kept hotel. Room service was really reasonable as we were tired and didn't want to go out to eat.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Fraser4,

Thank you for your positive review and for awarding us the perfect score.

Our rooms do vary in size and shape, but, we make every effort to offer a competent description of our bedroom categories, so that we give a true reflection of our facilities and are then able to meet our guests' requirements.

Our location is ideal for local sightseeing and shopping. However, our transportation links also make travelling around the capital easy. I am delighted that we looked after you during your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back for another lovely break.

Customer Service

Been to The Rembrandt? Share your experiences!