“very very good!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #756 of 1,052 Hotels in London
florence
“very very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

the room was very clean as well as the bathroom; the only thing is that you have to regulate the heat if you want to have a little bit less of warm insie the room.
the location is perfect, very close to the underground station and the bus stop, and if you want to have a look around by walk it's very close to Hyde Park and Piccadilly as well!
the staff has been very nice and helpful, even we left the room at 1:30 am!
good value for a low price!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is a good hotel for anyone on a budget. It is located about 150 meters from Paddington train station and the Bakerloo line will take you into the middle of the West End in a couple of minutes. The rooms are clean and spacious enough. The shower is not suitable for a very large person. Bed was comfortable and I slept very well. The breakfast consists of juice cereal toast and cheese, probably what you would have at home yourself. You can also buy a hot breakfast but I stuck with the continental one, more healthy. The staff a very friendly and helpful. Not a hotel for a romantic getaway but a great one for a budget trip to London.

Room Tip: Get an on suite room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Ok let's starts with the positives, the location was good few minutes for the tube and train station and good range of shops and restaurants. The reception staff was very helpful and polite but however it is less to be said about the breakfast staff were so miserable and blunt - I'm not sure if anyone wanna see miserable staff during breakfast! Lets face it's not a good start to a day! While we're on the subject of breakfast we paid extra £10 per person for a full English breakfast and we literary got a sausage, a bacon, an egg, baked beans (looked like it had been left on the side) and some tomatoes (tin tomatoes not fresh tomatoes)!
The hotel from the outside looked ok but once you're inside everything looked like its was about to fall apart! To be honest the hotel could do with some paint!
The room was was even more disappointing the bed feels like it will fall apart as soon as you turn and it squeek (I barely slept!).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Small and old, but a nice hotel when you just need a place to sleep. Staff was helpfull and friendly. Breakfast was boring, but ok. Elevator was small, but working. My children said the beds were good, my bag hurt, but just becauce the madras was to soft. We would stay there again.

Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

After reading all the 'never again' reviews, we decided to take our chances and book with this hotel. My partner and I aren't really fussy folk. We don't mind older places, bit run down so long as you can sleep, shower and the location is convenient. And this is kind of what this place offers (except I will say that the beds are probably the most uncomfortable beds I have ever experienced). The bed mattresses have no cushion in them whatsoever - you will feel the springs digging into your back. We had twin beds but my husband's bed was much better so maybe it's not every bed that is this bad. What I did though was put some spare blankets underneath to give myself a bit more cushion and that did the job. Slept much better after that.

On the plus side...the location is pretty good to get to and from the main attractions. The hotel is near Hyde Park which offers a great running track if you want some exercise in the morning, which was just such a nice thing to do. There is also an elevator (albeit small and slow) but at least it's got one. And there is complimentary breakfast downstairs. Everything you need - toast with butter, jam, orange/apple juice, coffee, tea. And the hotel is run by many Indians who were quite friendly and helpful we thought. And there's also free high speed wireless internet you can use in the lobby if you have an ipad, laptop, which is fantastic cause the Hilton in Amsterdam charged 15 euros for like one hour! So I would recommend this hotel as it's got some good perks on the proviso that you are not that fussed about certain things.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My room number was 45, located on the 4th floor. We stayed in this room for three nights. I book this room because of the price and location. Although most reviews say the hotel is not satisfactory, but I still book a room at this hotel because of its location and budget. With a heart full of doubt, we stepped into the hotel (entrance in Craven Road, not Gloucester Terrace) and we found the hotel lobby was clean, decorated and well-organized. They asked for a deposit 20pound for two people even the room was paid in full (we booked this hotel via olotel.com, please have your printed booking confirmation and payment confirmation with you). Size double room is OK, clean and fragrant (yes its smell good when you enter the room). Room were cleaned every day. Shower room and toilet are clean and have hot water. Only on our last day, the hot water was available late and we had to shower with cold water.

Bed throws were ugly (we fold them and keep in the cupboard and dont want to look at it) but the bed sheet was white clean. Internet is available for free in the hotel lobby only. Towels and basic amenities were provided. Kettle and complimentary tea and sugar and two glasses also provided in the room. TV and local television channels were also available.

It just, the walls are not soundproof, you can hear your neighbor talking and walking in the next room. Iron bed and spring mattress just like in a hostel, less comfortable but we were able to sleep soundly because we were tired. Like other hotels, it’s better to keep all personal belonging in a locked luggage. My wife lost her brand new body lotion; luckily all our valuables were kept in the locked luggage.

For us, the hotel and the room is quite appropriate to its price. Breakfast (bread, jam, butter, cereal, milk, coffee, tea, and juice) was ok, the dining area was clean and well-organized. Anyway, if you want luxury and have better budget, please check in to the Hilton hotel nearby.

Room Tip: Please ask for room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Good only if you're looking for a cheap place where to sleep and keep your things in central London.
Rooms are tiny, old, essential in furniture. No hairdryer. Bed uncomfortable, and noisy. My room was next to the elevator and the door would not close shut. I could hear people talking in the corridors all the time. I had no lavatory in my room only shower and a sink!
Poor breakfast. There's not even fresh fruit.
The hotel staff could hardly understand what I was saying and the Russian lady at the front desk welcomed me with a: "Can you please wait in the lounge? I will call you", like I was at the doctor or something.
Not really what I expected.

Room Tip: Ask for a room anywhere far from the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo