“Remember, staying in the UK is not like US” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury

You added Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Coram Street | Russell Square, London WC1N 1HT, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #426 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Springfield, Illinois
“Remember, staying in the UK is not like US”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Rooms were very clean, friendly, helpful staff. Nice restaurant, close to a tube station, restaurants and shopping. However, this is the UK. Rooms are smaller; no free breakfast like US Holiday Inns. As a Priority member, you only receive a newspaper and a late check out. For amenties you receive shampoo, body wash and hand soap. No shower cap, hair conditioner or skin cream. Towels are thin and you only receive one hand, wash cloth and bath towel. There are NO electrical plugs in the bathroom. Bring an adapter and plug into the coffee/tea pot outlet. Hair dryers are bolted into the top drawer of the desk - yes bolted. You must walk back and forth from the bathroom, to the outlet to the desk to work on your hair (more difficult for women). Easier to air-dry hair and put into a clip. There are no views - so ask for a quiet room instead of one that faces a street. The best part - wonderful beds and a choice of firm or soft pillow. Slept great - except for street noise. Selection of in-room tea/coffee is very nice. Restaurant and bar was also very good. Priced fairly. Yes, I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

I will definitely stay here again. My fiance and I stayed at a hostel in Hyde Park the beginning of our trip, then went to Paris (lovvvvvved it), then came back to London for a few days. When booking a Holiday Inn, I felt kind of silly, since it is such an American chain, but I got a fabulous rate on an internet travel site (expedia) where they allow you to book a hotel for only a portion of your stay while booking your flight for the greatest savings.. FABULOUS... and it came out to less than $25 a night/per person. Ha ha. I felt like I stole the room. The room was way nicer than any Holiday in in the States. The rooms were small, but appointed extremely well. They were very contemporary and swank. The location is fantastic. A tube stop is a stone's throw away. Literally, just down the street. And that Tube line is a very popular one so it takes you everywhere around the city. I will MOST definitely try and get this hotel again on our next visit... if I can get it as cheaply. . . if not, you'll be reading my next review for somewhere else I got a deal on. Ha ha.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
HIBloomsbury, Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Dear Miss Planner,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor!
I am glad that you found our location right next to the shops and tube station to be convenient!
I am also so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury and that you found the rooms to be better standards.
I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Kind regards,
Ann Olsson
Hotel Manager
Navajo Nation, AZ USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

About forty graduate students and I stayed at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury for about 14 days during the month of July in 2010. Initially I did not like the twin-sized beds, as our hotels in the United States have queen-sized beds, however I got over it after I realized that's just how it is in Europe. The two concierges are very patient and helpful, breakfast is hearty, the "Tube" (metro system) is located literally right behind the hotel, great restaurants and places of businesses (post office, bank, supermarket, internet cafe, etc.) are in the vicinity, and a laundromat is down the street. My colleagues and I felt very safe in this area of London. The air conditioner setting in the hotel room is dependent upon your choice of comfort, so if you're American like me and prefer an air conditioned environment, this is the hotel for you. My roommate and I were fortunate to have a small refrigerator in our room, however it is not common. We also had a room with a view, so be sure to request a room that faces the outside, otherwise the inside view is bland. The only that thing that would have made my stay perfect would have been free wifi internet service either in our room or the hotel lobby (at the very least). Internet access rates in the rooms are expensive, especially if you're on a student budget like me. Overall, if I were to travel to London in the future with family, this is where we would stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
HIBloomsbury, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor!
I am really pleased that you were looked after by our helpful concierge team, and that you found our hotel secure.
I appreciate your point about the internet prices and I will pass the comments on to the relevant people.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Kind regards,
Elena Corbioli
Front Office Manager
glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

yes, this is a pretty standard place BUT it is £5 in a cab from Euston station, 2 minutes walk from Russell Square tube station, right next to a good pub - the Marquis of ?(forget the next bit) and the tiny Chinese restaurant about 4 doors up from that, is as good as anything you find in Chinatown. There is a Waitrose and a tesco about a half minute away - so all in all a great location and that is as much as you can ever want in London.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Birmingham UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

I visited here on business, and was very busy so I saw little of the hotel or its staff, but there wasn't anything to entice me to hang around there. However, it is my custom to write about the places I stay in, and I didn't see why I shouldn't tax myself to say something of the Holiday Inn in Bloomsbury.

The location is excellent: close to many attractions like the British Museum, and some excellent architecture, though its own design is unforgivably poor (think local council building circa 1983). The approach makes you feel as if you are visiting a factory.

Room was very small, bathroom the same, but all places in London are stuck for space. Breakfast good, staff very professional, but barely a native amongst them. Mind you, London these days seems organised solely for young people from member states of the EU to do some overseas work experience and perfect their english, so this is not so unusual. The system for the lifts has, I think, become commonplace in Holiday Inns, where the thing won't move without you inserting your room card (=very irritating if you have your bags and stuff). There is a tired looking barbecue area out the front that seemed occupied by even more tired looking boozers whenever I walked past it. Whilst someone clearly thinks this is a good idea to improve the sight of the place, the layout of the front could do with some serious rethinking to move away from the industrial/civic building feel it has. All in all, an unremarkable experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Rio de Janeiro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

Comparing to others hotels in the same category this one is not good at all, and has a lot of inconvenients, cheafly in the bathroons.. the doors are to heavy, the water tap is made of plastic which make it very hard to open without breaking... Indeed to achive the hot water you should pass by the cold one and shower can be a bad expierence..
The room is not so bad. But, internet service is not fair, cause they charge by I.P. (each computer) and not by room, as it should be...
I´ve been twice in London before and stayed at Radisson Edwardian, which has the same price, but service and location are much better...
I am going to avoid Holliday Inn on my next hollidays...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury.

We would like to thank you for your invaluable comments. We do appreciate guest feedback as it gives us the chance to improve and enhance the service we deliver at the hotel.

We sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at the hotel.

Yours sincerely,
Management Team
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Stayed for a night, friendly at check in and the room was pretty decent (i did have an exec room though so cant comment on the others)

Didn't eat here but it seemed busy and there was a irish bar attached/next door

Tube station was right around the corner, overall good hotel and I will stay again

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury? Share your experiences!