“OK for one night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury

You added Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Coram Street | Russell Square, London WC1N 1HT, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #426 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Limoges France
“OK for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel is located in central London. Upon arrival the reception staff were friendly and efficient. The first impression is that it is a little worse for wear and could do with a revamp. The room was a bit grubby but then it is a well used place. The bed seemed a bit too large for the room and it could be a squeeze to get past. The bed linen was clean and there was a selection of pillows from which to choose. There was a kettle and tea/coffee. A large flat screen TV provided the room entertainment. The bathroom was clean although a bit dated. It was a bit noisy and people could be heard in the corridor and next door. Breakfast was a buffet and a chef was on hand to cook eggs and replace food as it was used. Overall, the hotel was OK and I would stay again.

A tip: Carry a small torch. Look at the back of your bedroom door and see the escape route in the event of an emergency. Keep your valuables together so that if you have to get out then you can take the important things with you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
hibl00msbury, Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear mikeLimogesFrance,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay.

I am glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Just a small follow up, many of our bathrooms are in the process of being refurbished so by January 2014 you will be able to see the finished product.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards

Matthew Beard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Notts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I've stayed here a few times in recent years as I often have a London stopover for work. It's my favourite as you always get a consistent service and for the last couple of years I've taken my wife with me (a tenner extra for breakfast) as our son now lives in London. Rooms are all doubles, not extravagant, but always spotlessly clean and very comfortable with all one might expect. I particularly like the choice of hard and soft pillows and the breakfast is very good with eggs freshly cooked on request. Staff are friendly and helpful and the location is good for King's Cross/St. Pancras and Euston as well as central London locations. Good pub across the street too!

In my view, it can't be beaten.

Room Tip: All rooms very good!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Great location, very close to the tube and shopping centre. Bedroom was quite small for a double but for the price we paid for two nights £300 we can't really complain. We hardly spent any time there anyway. We were woken up at 6am on both mornings by delivery lorries which was a bit annoying. You could do a lot worse!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Annette C,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am pleased to know that you found our location great. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the inconvenience the noise may have caused you. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over night 5th oct, with a friend,our room wasn't ready but staff kept hold of our bags while we did the sights, we arrived back and checked in hassle free around 7.30pm we were on the 5th floor we heard no noise and very rarely saw anyone. The day we checked out staff again kept our bags, the breakfast was fantastic a proper fry up and set me up for the day ( I didn't eat till7pm that night) which was busy busy busy....a great hotel that did us good, already planning my next stay sometime next year!!! Thanx

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The location of this hotel close to Russell Square tube station and in the heart of Bloomsbury is great. Perfect for exploring London. I know that London hotels are expensive, and at an average of £150 a night, our stay could even be considered cheap, but I have stayed in better central London hotels at this kind of price.

The room was average but clean, the bed was only a small double and toiletries relatively poor - I ended up using my own as I did not really like the fragrance and quality of those provided.

The service on the front desk was really great - however, the only reason I know this is that I had to spend some unwanted time there. Our card keys got cancelled every day, and every day needed reprogramming. This is annoying. The luggage service was poorly organised - I had to go and find my own bags in a room which had luggage randomly scattered around it. And the concierge seemed to spend all his time on the phone sorting out problems for guests (of which there seemed to be many) leaving me hanging around with the desk staff eventually having to step in and help with bags etc. On check out, I was also presented with a bill for breakfasts which I had not eaten - this was waived with no fuss by the friendly desk staff - but all in all these things do not make for the feeling of a well organised hotel.

The rack rate here is £419 a night (OK - I know they will hardly ever charge this) but the quality of experience struggled to raise this hotel much above the £100 mark. Only the location and the friendliness of the desk staff justifies charging/paying beyond this level.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear dksmith_york,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Usually I am not a big fan of Holiday Inn but this little gem at the side of Russel Square tube station was the perfect place for sightseeing or shopping in London. We were booked in here due to a course my husband was supposed to attend in London. Since I was not present at the check in am assuming we did not get an Executive Room as it was a bit small and the bathroom too but you don't go to London to sit in the hotel room! The room and bathroom were perfectly clean and maintained with great towels which is always a bone of contention with me on my travels. Adjacent to the hotel is the tube station and on the other side a wonderful shopping forum with clothes shops, Waitrose, Yo sushi, Gourmet burger, Nandos, Carluccio. I would actually stay there again! No fridge but kettle in the room.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor facing a courtyard it was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Not enough tea making items had to request more milk /coffee. One shampoo/shower gel for two. Poor quality toilet tissue. Not even a shower cap ! Thank goodness for air con. Breakfast too expensive go to pret a manger around the corner. On a good note good location but nowhere near as good as other 4 star hotels.

• Stayed November 2012
hibl00msbury, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. Kindly accept our sincerest apology for the inconvenience caused. I would very much appreciate you send us your email address with the details of your concerns so we can plan to avoid future dissatisfaction in the future and meet your expectations next time you visit us. I have sent you a private message to obtain this information. Again, I would like to apologise and thank you for taking the time to write to us as we believe we can only improve our services through our guest feedback.

Kind regards,

Matthew Beard

Been to Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury? Share your experiences!