“Nice hotel all round” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure London Bridge

You added Mercure London Bridge to your Saves list
Mercure London Bridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 - 79 Southwark Street, London SE1 0JA, England (Formerly Mercure London City Bankside) (Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 30% OFF
Ranked #417 of 1,049 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leeds, England
“Nice hotel all round”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in March 2013. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the Tower Bridge tube station. We were at the back of the hotel, and other than the reverse alarm from a lorry, we were not disturbed by any noise.

Check in was quick and professional, using iPads and there was no traditional desk, the receptionists stood with you.

All the staff we met were pleasant and helpful, and when asked showed good local knowledge and offered further assistance.

We were allocated our room on the 5th floor, a privilege room, which I think meant we got a robe and a fancy coffee machine!

The room was fairly standard size for a London hotel, and was spotlessly clean. The bed was large and came with a selection of pillows, so you could find one that was comfortable for you.

The bathroom had the usual amenities with a shower over the bath, which was pleasantly powerful.

Breakfast was well organised, and the choice and quality of the food was very good.

Overall we would go back here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Arrived here for a nights stay a couple of weeks ago. First impressions were good as we were greeted very friendly by the reception staff. The lobby/bar area has a modern flush and feel to it, which was nice. Our room was located on the first floor facing towards the main road and WHSmith. First impression of the room was good as we were only staying for one night so it was more than enough. Queen bed was fairly spacious and comfortable. Room has the following features, TV with about 10 channels, an ironing board and iron in the cupboard which we were pleased about, tea & coffee making facilities with two complimentary flapjacks, toiletries and towels and a heated towel rack. Plus side it also has a easy to use safe to lock away valuables and we also got free wi-fi for 24 hours which is a good feature, all you need is your email address and name to log in. Downside the temperature can be a bit cold in the room and the A/C has a setting to make it cold and warm but on both settings it just comes out as cold. Overall we were really pleased with our stay in this hotel and everything we needed and wanted to go was in good distance. Covent Gardens is only a bus away too!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Based on several reviews I decided to book this hotel for a birthday weekend with a few of my friends. When we arrived we were impressed with the greeting we received from the reception staff and also by the modern and comfortable seating and bar area. Sadly this was the only highlight of our stay. The two rooms that we were given on the ground floor were very basic and really cold. We switched off the air conditioning and had the tower heaters on for most of the time that we were in the rooms. The food stains on the bed linen, the hair dryer that didn't work, a shower seal that leaked water over the bathroom floor and the holes in the bed linen could be forgiven, however the hand basin loosening from the wall and almost falling on my friends foot is not what you would expect from a four star hotel. My friend spoke with reception about the hand basin and a welcome drinks voucher was offered as a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience. We accepted the vouchers which gave no directions as to which drinks were included, and ordered drinks. What we didn't expect was being challenged by the supervisor who said we could not have the welcome drinks. His attitude was awful and we had to question him about the T+C's of the voucher which were not printed on the voucher. He eventually, and reluctantly said he would let us have the drinks but it had put a dampener on the evening. We spoke with the duty manager the following day who was apologetic but failed to show a genuine concern. Due to the shabby nature of the hotel and the attitude of some of the staff we will not be returning to this hotel

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Taunton, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

10 minute walk from the Shard and the Millenium Bridge. Staff helpful, room very clean and a good size . nearest tube London Bridge. Cannot comment on food as we did not eat there , but recommend for bed only within easy walking distance of the Shard.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

All in all our stay was nice, the room was clean and adequate.
Staff were very nice, smiley and welcoming. Somehow it didn't feel like a 4 star hotel, more like a 3 star, but in London standards it scored pretty high. The room had a few minor issues in the design...silly things like the light switch to the bathroom was near the room door not near bathroom door, the binds were difficult to pull down, there was no shaving plug in the bathroom... Position is fantastic, on Southbank also close to 2 underground stations. When I come back to London I will definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Location is perfect, hotel clean and comfortable. However my experience of the Reception Staff was abysmal. I had booked and paid in advance for a 2 night stay, and I also paid an additional premium for 6 pm checkout on the last day. This was also paid for in advance. On arrival the girl checking me in couldn't find a record of my booking and, using an ipad, she showed me other bookings which were not mine! This despite my showing her my confirmation email and the text I received that morning from the hotel confirming my room was ready. Eventually she found it and confirmed my details and told me that checkout would be at 12. I referred her to the fact that my late checkout was paid for.
So on my final day I tried to gain access to my room but couldn't so had to return to reception to get the matter sorted and no one was especially apologetic for the error. Within half an hour reception rang my room to say I should have vacated by 12 and was quite insistent that I would incur a fee. I went through the whole explanation again but I found this irritating!
I didn't have much contact with staff and what contact I did have was frustrating. I suspect their was a problem with language - if not verbally at least as far as the written word is concerned!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Been to Mercure London Bridge? Share your experiences!