Recently stayed here and was fairly disappointed. Only stayed in a 'standard room' but it was well below par for a Mercure hotel (stayed at Paris Eiffel Tower a few days later). Staff were very inexperienced, when asked where some good restaurants on the area were the lady at reception struggled to mention one... This however is probably acceptable.
The disappointment was that the rooms were a bit run down (scuff marks on the walls and mould in the showers) and the staff in the restaurant in the mornings (for breakfast) seemed to know little English and were fairly rude at times. To add to this on the last morning we were served white toast with mould on it!
Definitely won't come back to this one, the area (Southwark) is growing and will be a very nice area soon so I'm sure there will be some much more modern and inviting places popping up soon!
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London City Bankside Hotel London
- Mercure London City Bankside Hotel
- Accor London City Bankside
- Mercure London
- Mercure London Bridge England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stylish AA 4 star hotel located in the heart of the London Bankside, 10 minutes walk from the City and close to Waterloo Station, London Bridge, the Tate Modern, the Millenium Bridge, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, St Pauls Cathedral and the London Eye. Nearest tube stations are London Bridge (Jubilee and Northern Line, 7 min) and Southwark (Jubilee Line, 5 min). Offers 144 en-suite bedrooms, the critically acclaimed Loft Restaurant and Bar, a gym, 24 hour room service, 4 meeting rooms for up to 60 people and WiFi Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Tingo, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Mercure London Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.