“OK hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure London Bridge

You added Mercure London Bridge to your Saves list
Mercure London Bridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 - 79 Southwark Street, London SE1 0JA, England (Formerly Mercure London City Bankside) (London Bridge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 40% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #404 of 1,066 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leeds, United Kingdom
“OK hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Good location, good food, great staff, bedroom and bathroom small and tired. The room was far too hot, and the air con was poor. Better, cheaper, 4* hotels in the area. At £150 a night, I expect more.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mercure-Bankside, General Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear 898julie,
Many thanks for the review.
We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Mercure London Bridge Hotel. In relation to service, our team will go the extra mile, to ensure your satisfaction is met and we take pride in maintaining exceptional standards in our hotel restaurant and bar. I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by air con in the room and rest assured we have taken action in ensuring this problem is resolved.
I appreciate the feedback and hope we can be part of your future plans.

Kind Regards,
Florian Jourdhier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
chesterfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband, 21 yr old son and I (not in the one room!) stayed at this hotel when we visited London for a show and shopping. We had a problem with the shower in our room when the water would not switch off. However, once the problem was reported a member of maintenance arrived straightaway and the shower was declared broken. My husband and I were moved to another room and given an upgrade for the inconvenience. The rooms are not massive but they are adequate and when in London how much time are you going to spend in it. The bed was very very comfy and if i could have taken the pillows home I would have. Throughout our stay the staff could not have been more polite, friendly and courteous. The location was easy to commute from by tube stations a short walk away. I would definitely recommend it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lors68,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here.
As you mentioned, the beds and pillows are extremley comfortable and our excellent team are dedicated to providing quality service, we do all of this for you!

I’m very glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to Mercure London Bridge Hotel very soon.

Kind regards,
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Recently stayed at the Mercure London City. Great location near Borough Market with plenty of restaurants nearby. Good stores such as Pret a Manger for snacks or breakfast nearby. Several pubs within walking distance and the Tate Modern is a short walk. Located near 2 tube stations makes it an easy to get to hotel. A great place to stay when visiting this side of London but easy access to other areas.
On arrival I was greated warmly and efficiently. Was given a late checkout for a reasonable cost even though the hotel was very busy. Rooms are an unusual layout - smallish but comfortable.Reasonable prices make it a good choice for the budget traveller.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Mercure-Bankside, General Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Snake17,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit in London.
The hotel being located near 2 tube stations makes it an easy to get to anywhere in London. Our hotel is a great place to stay when visiting London and always provides with warm and efficient greatings, and service.
Hope we can welcome you back to Mercure London Bridge, in the near future.
Kind regards
Genenral Manager
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

All the Staff that we met during our 2 night stay were very helpful and pleasant. The hotel is definitely a cut above many of the cheap chains.

Our room was clean and comfortable, and very warm, there was air conditioning, but I seemed to have trouble regulating the temperature, as the noise of the aircon bothered me when I was trying to sleep. I got over the problem by taking the quilt out of the cover and just using the cover to sleep under. My sister said that she slept better than she had for ages, because the bed was so comfy. The bathroom was clean and had a full sized bath with a (very powerful) shower over, there were complimentary toiletries.

Breakfast was really good, with a cooked breakfast buffet, the black pudding and sausages are made for them, and had plenty of flavour, there was also fresh fruit salad, grapefruit and orange segments, several different dried fruits, cereals, cheeses, hams and other cured meats, really nice fresh bread. Warm croissants, pan au chocolat, pan au raisin, and cinnamon swirls. Fruit juices etc. They will also cook eggs benedict, kippers, pancakes waffles and several other things to order. As well as the standard little pots of jam they have Jam and marmalade which is specially made for them. As you can tell I really liked their breakfast, it really set us up for the day.

We had a couple of drinks in the bar both nights we were there, where a very pleasant and knowledgeable barman (he was Hungarian, and I have unfortunately forgotten his name) advised us on wines, and chatted to us, he was very friendly, without being obtrusive.

It took us around 40 minutes to walk to Soho, where we were seeing The Jersey Boys (also excellent!)

The only areas for improvement that I noticed are. Checking in seems to take longer than at some other hotels I've stayed at, which means that queues build up, the rooms and corridors could be a bit cooler. At breakfast we weren't told where the fruits/cereals/breads were (they are tucked away around a corner, and not obvious - the first day some of our group hadn't noticed that they were there!

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear DogsonHoliday,
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit.
Lovely comfy beds, excellent team dedicated to service, excellent breakfast, great wines at the bar, we do all of this for you!
We look forward to welcoming you back at Mercure London Bridge Hotel.
Kind regards,
Midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great location for the Tate Modern and only 5 mins walk over the Millennium Bridge to get over to St Pauls & the City of London. Southwark tube station is about 10 mins walk. There are a number of good restaurants in the local vicinity and there is a Tesco Express a couple of minutes walk from the hotel.
If you arrive on a Saturday afternoon you can park for free for in the streets behind the hotel.

The air conditioned rooms are a bit on the small side, but adequate and equipped with all the usual amenities. The beds are comfortable and the linen of good quality.

The hotel is on a busy road, but the rooms on the front of the hotel are equipped with secondary double glazing so traffic noise is not really an issue, but f you are a light sleeper it may be better to request a room to the rear of the hotel. Black out blinds which are located behind the secondary glazing are efficient.

Reception staff friendly & efficient and there are left luggage facilities.

Not the most luxurious hotel but they must be doing something right as this was my second visit to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MidlandsTravelg,
Location, Location, Location! indeed our hotel is very close to all main attractions of London.
Beds are very comfortable! Really, Trust I have heard that already, thank you again for mentioning this. We want you to have a great sleep so we care about our bedding!
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards,
General Manager.

Been to Mercure London Bridge? Share your experiences!