Booked through Hotels Direct. Actually booked the Park Lane at Green Park, thankfully after reading reviews on trip advisor, they were fully booked and so the company offered me The Wyndham Grand.
Its lovely, a bit out of the way tho. I was travelling with my two children and since the nearest tube station is around 10-15 minute walk and I am not good at navigating my way round tube stations and lines - we took cabs most of the time which was quite expensive but worth the peace of mind that I wasnt going to get lost with a 13 yr old and 7 yr old as my husband usually navigates. A taxi from London City Airport was about £50, and to Marble Arch was about £25, Westminster Pier £20, Oxford St £25.
The hotel is all suite, this impressed the kids, it was good that we had two televsions, no fighting about what was on. I shared the bed with my daughter, a very comfy king size, my son stayed in livingroom on the sofa bed, my only complaint about that was that they did not make the bed back into a sofa during the day.
The mini bar smelled at bit and had a puddle of water in it and was not restocked, also the glasses which had been used were taken away and not replaced.
The bathroom was nice, big enough, shower smelled a bit musty but otherwise was adequately clean. Nice small balcony, separate air con for livingroom and bedroom which was good.
The public areas are nice, the pool is good, we went a couple of times, it was quiet.
Breakfast was good, but if its included in your package, check your bill - they tried to charge me for one day. Room service was also good. Concierge very helpfull and friendly staff throughout hotel.
Even tho its a wee bit out of the way, I would have no hesitation to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant All-Suite Hotel located in the Chelsea Harbour on the River Thames, offering stunning views of the river & harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, LondonMarketing.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Agoda, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Chelsea Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Grand London Chelsea Harbour Hotel London
- Wyndham London
- London Wyndham
- The Chelsea Harbour Hotel London, England