“Nice, bit out of the way” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Chelsea Harbour Hotel

You added The Chelsea Harbour Hotel to your Saves list
The Chelsea Harbour Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chelsea Harbour, London SW10 0XG, England (Formerly Wyndham Grand London Chelsea Harbour)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #97 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Galashiels, United Kingdom
“Nice, bit out of the way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Booked through Hotels Direct. Actually booked the Park Lane at Green Park, thankfully after reading reviews on trip advisor, they were fully booked and so the company offered me The Wyndham Grand.

Its lovely, a bit out of the way tho. I was travelling with my two children and since the nearest tube station is around 10-15 minute walk and I am not good at navigating my way round tube stations and lines - we took cabs most of the time which was quite expensive but worth the peace of mind that I wasnt going to get lost with a 13 yr old and 7 yr old as my husband usually navigates. A taxi from London City Airport was about £50, and to Marble Arch was about £25, Westminster Pier £20, Oxford St £25.

The hotel is all suite, this impressed the kids, it was good that we had two televsions, no fighting about what was on. I shared the bed with my daughter, a very comfy king size, my son stayed in livingroom on the sofa bed, my only complaint about that was that they did not make the bed back into a sofa during the day.

The mini bar smelled at bit and had a puddle of water in it and was not restocked, also the glasses which had been used were taken away and not replaced.
The bathroom was nice, big enough, shower smelled a bit musty but otherwise was adequately clean. Nice small balcony, separate air con for livingroom and bedroom which was good.
The public areas are nice, the pool is good, we went a couple of times, it was quiet.
Breakfast was good, but if its included in your package, check your bill - they tried to charge me for one day. Room service was also good. Concierge very helpfull and friendly staff throughout hotel.
Even tho its a wee bit out of the way, I would have no hesitation to stay here again.

• Liked — Clean, Comfy and nice view over the marina
  • Disliked — A little bit far out of things if you are on a budget.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Korean first
Alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2008

I cannot deny that this hotel is somewhat fabulous. It is lovely and grand, and maybe a little swanky you could say.

I was extremely disappointed to enter a room that we had booked for 3 people to find not three but two beds. The solution for the front desk staff was to give us a cot... a cot. I cannot believe that with the price tag of the hotel their solution was a cot, I was somewhat disgusted. Very disappointing. Based on this I would not stay there, nor would I recommend others to stay there. I found the front desk staff weary, and blase. When we were checking in there was another lady trying to fight room charges that had been placed on her tab, without her using such services - not a good first impression.

On a positive note. The rooms really were lovely and spacious. The bathroom was a huge and fabulous, with an eye for detail and luxury. I LOVED the products they used in the washroom, sheer heaven. The beds were super comfy and clean - didn't feel hotel like at all. Really crisp linens and lofty duvets. The 'rooms' were also clean, and probably more than I could ask for in terms of luxury.

The concierge staff and the cleaning staff were fantastic and accomodating! They were a pleasure to deal with. They brought up the cot almost immediately and set it up efficiently.

My one other complaint was that in the morning I went down to get a coffee from the 'bar'. The staff member there was less than communicative. Did a million other tasks while making my making my coffee. Gave me the wrong drink. Then set about making it right, but still walked away and chatted with others while making it. So, I sat down to wait for my drink. Then, the waitress brought me my tall/small coffee and it was 5 pounds. 5 pounds because I had decided to sit down while waiting (being pregnant and all) forever... and they charged me the stay in rate. Some of the worst service I have ever encountered.

So, although I ultimately enjoyed my stay because I wasn't the one stuck in a cot, I was generally disappointed with the fact that they put one of us in that situation. The disappointing staff did not make up for the loveliness of the rooms.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

We got a bargain on booking a room here through laterooms.com. We were celebrating and wanted to spend the night in a plush hotel. The room was great, it was like two interconnecting rooms. One had a large sitting area with a sofa bed, kitchen area, large balcony and a flat screen TV and it's own toilet. The other had a double bed, great big bathroom and a flat screen tv. The view from the balcony was amazing. I would give the room 5/5 as it was huge! There was even a full ice bucket in the brilliant kitchen area.

On the downside, breakfast was not included in the rate. We didn't bother paying for it seperately but went to a cafe instead. We did have a room service dinner in the hotel which was really nice. The food was delicious. The lady who brought the food to us wasn't suitably dressed for a plush hotel though. She was wearing a very short mini skirt and really high stillettos and it made us wonder what her other job might be. Like most of the staff there she was from Eastern Europe. This wouldn't be a problem but the staff we encountered couldn't speak English very well at all. This includes the staff on the front desk.

The other negative point was that we were woken at 8 a.m. by housekeeping wanting to clean our room. She banged loudly on our door 3 times, waking our baby and ruining our lie in. When we called the front desk to complain they said that she was just checking to see if the room was empty. Apparently they dont have a computer system that can tell which rooms are occupied. We found this unprofessional and for that reason we can only rate this hotel 4/5.

• Liked — The room!
  • Disliked — The staff.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

I stayed 2 nights in june. Its a great hotel, a bit too far from most tourist attractions, but very quiet and stunning views from the balcony. However, the bathroom ceiling was falling down, and the room could have been a lot cleaner. The carpet had a musty smell, and it was a super expensive place to stay.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Southern ~England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2008

This hotel was AMAZING and we loved it! We have previuosly stayed in a few central London hotels and paid the same sort of price for nothing like the same luxury. I stayed for just one night with my daughter, who was attending an audition less than ten minutes walk away. There were TWO wide screen tvs, one in the sitting room and one in the bedroom. There was also a bathroom AND a cloakroom. We did not have a harbour view but we were near to two huge glass domes, plus the courtyard, so the view was not bad at all. We did not eat at the hotel apart from the room bar but we did go to the indoor pool. This was beautiful and clean and there was only one other person swimming. My daughter would like to go back and have a proper weekend here, which we will probably do some time. This hotel IS near the Chelsea ground and I do not think the nearest tube is far away. But, If you can afford to stay here for a holiday why not travel in a cab? We got a cab back to Victoria and I think it was only about £12.

• Liked — Two TVs and two loos!
  • Disliked — The price of breakfast - shame it was not included in the price of the room.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

This hotel is excellent, spotlessly clean, wonderfully comfortable bed. lovely views from the balcony, which we paid extra for. We upgraded the breakfast, to a full english, which was delivered to our room. it was rather pricey, but well cooked and plentiful. This stay at the hotel was a surprise for my 28 year old wifes birthday, and she fell in love with it and did not want to leave. There were only two down sides to it, and neither would stop me going again.Many of the staff did not speak english, so it was sometimes difficult to make yourself understood, and secondly it was a very long walk from the nearest station. After having walked from the station to the hotel, then we went out in the evening, we walked back to the station, on our return at night we caught a cab, and when we left next day we got a cab, this could prove costly, if you stayed longer than a weekend, so ladies, comfortable shoes, the walk really is a long way, so would suggest maybe the hotel should think of running a courtesy bus from the station at certain times. Otherwise this is a lovely place to stay.

Stayed May 2008
Manchester, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

The room/suite was excellent, and we enjoyed the leisure faciliities. The front desk and concierge were very helpful. The quality of the cooked breakfast, though, was disappointing (especially for a hotel of this star rating); in addition, the restaurant staff were unclear over what was included in the room rate paid, which caused more confusion than should have been necessary. Overall, a very comfortable hotel, but the experience was undermined by the breakfast, both in terms of quality and service.

• Liked — Great room, helpful staff
  • Disliked — Poor quality English breakfast
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Chelsea Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!