We stayed at the Wyndham Grand Chelsea Harbour for one night on the 18th of September. There was a big disappointment as the room we had booked was not the room allocated to us. We booked a King Riverview room and were instead given a Twin Harbourview room. Not really sure if it was the fault of the hotels’ central reservation team or Expedia through which we had made the booking. However, despite this mistake which at the time I was very upset about, the hotel itself is extremely pleasant.
The rooms are all suites and are nicely furnished and spacey. The bedroom has a very decent sized dressing area and there is an extra toilet by the lounge. The shower although not very large, is absolutely brilliant. It has a rain showerhead and operates by simply pressing a button. The water comes straight out at the correct temperature and the pressure is very good. The rooms do come with both a CD player and an Ipod dock which is very handy and of course there is tea and coffee making facilities.
The gym is of a very decent size with good equipment and the swimming pool is lovely, with actual daylight which is nice.
Breakfast was ok but the service at breakfast was really terrible.
I had read in past reviews problems with drinking water. We did not see any signs that the water at the hotel is not drinkable and normal tap water in England is always safe to drink but if there is a problem, there is bottled water in the rooms and more is supplied at turndown.
I was very much impressed by the quality of the accommodation and facilities at this hotel. We have stayed in a number of hotels in London, all of which of a high standard, but we did particularly like this hotel. Maybe because of the balcony or the swimming pool or simply the comfort…I’m not sure. Of course it could be that because the hotel is slightly out of the way, it can afford to have the little extras that many London hotels can’t at a much better price.
P.S Valet carparking is £40 a day, so beware.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Grand London Chelsea Harbour Hotel London
- Wyndham Grand London Chelsea Harbour Hotel
- Wyndham London
- London Wyndham
- Wyndham Grand London Chelsea Harbour England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant All-Suite Hotel located in the Chelsea Harbour on the River Thames, offering stunning views of the river & harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, Otel, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Grand London Chelsea Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.