“Beautiful hotel & great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chelsea Harbour Hotel

You added The Chelsea Harbour Hotel to your Saves list
The Chelsea Harbour Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chelsea Harbour, London SW10 0XG, England (Formerly Wyndham Grand London Chelsea Harbour)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #97 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Dorset
“Beautiful hotel & great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I was here for five nights at the beginning of December - my fourth visit actually. The suites are beautiful - comfortable with all sorts of extra detail for the perfect stay. Everywhere is spotlessly clean, and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. No criticism at all - just an extremely pleasant experience as always.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Thank you for writing such a lovely review, here at the Wyndham Grand we try our utmost to make the guests feel at home, so I am glad that you found these details a great addition to your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Korean first
China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Very pleased with this hotel...rooms modern and contemporary, nice views of the quaint harbour, and quiet. A bit far to walk to the heart of London but certainly still convenient to walk 5 min to the nearest tube/LRT station by cutting through the parkade. Nice walks along the river. The gym was modest but fine for up to 3 ppl before it would feel crowded, featuring quality treadmills x2, elliptical trainer x2, a universal contraption and a few weights. Mini spa as well. The gym staff insisted on keeping the tv's on and blaring at full volume even after another patron and I turned them off 3 times (the view from reception can just catch sight of tv's so assume staff wanted to watch even though it seems tv's would be for gym patrons). Overall service courteous, efficient, pleasant and responsive, good food. Very solid on all fronts.

Room Tip: Suites facing harbour have nice terrace for relax and chill out moments
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the Tripadvisor community, I am glad that you had a pleasant stay at the Wyndham Grand Chelsea Harbour and enjoyed the local area. At the gym the staff normally adjust the volume and channel depending on the guest’s request. I would like to apologise for the poor impression created on the day, rest assured I have discussed your comments with the Spa Manager to ensure this remains in isolation. Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Was not as central as it could have been, but it was well worth being slightly outside central london. The suites are huge, the service was good and the food was good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
Thank you very much for your review. We are thrilled that you had a fantastic time with us and that you loved the size layout of our suites, as well as our view of the marina. We pride ourselves on being the only 5* all-suite hotel in London, providing our guests with a sense of space that is virtually unparalleled by other properties in the centre of the City. With the Imperial Wharf station so close by, and other transport links widely available, we are happy to offer our guests the best of both worlds so it is extremely rewarding to receive feedback such as yours.
Merry Christmas from The Wyndham Grand team!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I had booked a one night stay about a week earlier through Expedia; as I was travelling with my wife and 6 year old daughter I asked for a suite and was surprised when I received a quote for around 200 Pounds. Although it was not a marina view both rooms had balconies and the size, cleanliness, furnishings etc were of a much higher standard than I anticipated.
I can only assume that as the hotel is not in a traditional central tourist location that the prices are such excellent value.
We ate lunch in the bar but could choose from the restaurant menu and the standard of the food and service was good quality and breakfast was fine too although nothing special. One disappointment - about 30 minutes Internet service came to 15 Pounds which is absolutely criminal!
However I can forgive this for the excellent price we recived for their Chelsea suite - hope it lasts!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Wyndham Grand London. We truly value our highly personalised service and our spacious suites, and we believe it is what sets us apart from the competition. It is always reassuring to receive feedback such as yours.
I was sorry to learn that you were unhappy with our internet pricing structure. Please note we carry out regular price comparisons and our findings show that our prices are in line with other five-star London hotels. We do offer free internet in the Business Centre. Rest assured I will discuss your feedback with our Executive Committee.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Wyndham Grand London in the near future. In the meantime, once again, thank you for your feedback.
Merry Christmas from The Wyndham Grand Team!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011 via mobile

It's hard to find fault with this excellent hotel. Located in Chelsea harbour it is a minutes walk from Imperial Wharf overland railway. It is quite handy for the Kings Road, Fulham Broadway and Chelsea that is not central as a tourist location. We had a suite overlooking the river and the room was extremely clean with a lovely view. The staff were marvellous and I have no complaints at all about the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Wyndham Grand, I was thrilled to read has a pleasant stay and enjoyed the views from your suite. Being situated in Chelsea guests can explore the famous Kinds Road then retreat to the peaceful Chelsea Harbour. Once again thank you for your review and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011 via mobile

Hotel itself is ok but not five star. The rooms are clean and spacious. The fundamental issue is the shockingly poor service my room wasn't ready till 5 pm after I'd requested early check in. My luggage didn't arrive till an hour later after 3 requests. The breakfast was a total joke. I asked for coffee three times and 35 minutes later still no coffee spoke to the restaurant mgr. Apologised and said he'd get it. Never arrived. Waiter took mine and colleuges breakfast order. Hers came out. 20 mins later mine still no where to be seen. No coffee either. This with 6 breakfast staff is shocking. If your after great service then avoid this hotel. There are far better options of 5 star quality with exceptional service to choose from in central London. Over rated and more a 3-4 star most def not 5

• Stayed November 2011
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Wyndham Grand, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the service you encountered during your stay. We take pride in our warm, friendly and professional team therefore I was most disappointed to hear of your experience.

With regards to your comments about early check-in, when a guest asks for early check-in we do our upmost to accommodate but we can’t always guarantee it. However I understand the inconvenience caused when your room was not ready until 17.00. The service you encountered during breakfast is not representative of the usual standard and for that I would like to apologise. We were busier than expected and unfortunately it caught us somewhat off guard. Rest assured I have passed your comments on the relevant departments to ensure these incidents do not occur in the future.

If you would like to discuss your experience in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me on 020 7823 3000 or at wyndham@wyndham.com. In the mean time I would like to thank you again for raising these issues and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Knutsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

My family and i recently stayed at the Wyndham as our base for a London Theatre trip.
as ever the standards of service at the hotel were superb.
The staff are very courteous and attentive to your needs with a personal can do attitude..
The rooms are great and it should be noted that all rooms are suites with a seperate living area which accomodates a large sofa bed.
This is especially welcome when travelling with children as you get your own space.
We made use of Room Service and the Restaraunt and the food was of a high standard.
The hotel also has a swimming pool which is a great for a relaxing swim after a hard days shopping.
Staying at this hotel really enhances the whole London experience -

Room Tip: The Marina / River view rooms all have balconys which offer a nice bonus
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the tripadvisor community, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Wyndham Grand and that you found staying here enhanced your London Theatre trip. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Been to The Chelsea Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!