“Best value in London possibly?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Chelsea Harbour Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Chelsea Harbour Hotel to your Saves list
The Chelsea Harbour Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chelsea Harbour, London SW10 0XG, England (Formerly Wyndham Grand London Chelsea Harbour)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #71 of 1,075 hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Best value in London possibly?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I had booked a one night stay about a week earlier through Expedia; as I was travelling with my wife and 6 year old daughter I asked for a suite and was surprised when I received a quote for around 200 Pounds. Although it was not a marina view both rooms had balconies and the size, cleanliness, furnishings etc were of a much higher standard than I anticipated.
I can only assume that as the hotel is not in a traditional central tourist location that the prices are such excellent value.
We ate lunch in the bar but could choose from the restaurant menu and the standard of the food and service was good quality and breakfast was fine too although nothing special. One disappointment - about 30 minutes Internet service came to 15 Pounds which is absolutely criminal!
However I can forgive this for the excellent price we recived for their Chelsea suite - hope it lasts!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Wyndham Grand London. We truly value our highly personalised service and our spacious suites, and we believe it is what sets us apart from the competition. It is always reassuring to receive feedback such as yours.
I was sorry to learn that you were unhappy with our internet pricing structure. Please note we carry out regular price comparisons and our findings show that our prices are in line with other five-star London hotels. We do offer free internet in the Business Centre. Rest assured I will discuss your feedback with our Executive Committee.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Wyndham Grand London in the near future. In the meantime, once again, thank you for your feedback.
Merry Christmas from The Wyndham Grand Team!

1,091 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011 via mobile

It's hard to find fault with this excellent hotel. Located in Chelsea harbour it is a minutes walk from Imperial Wharf overland railway. It is quite handy for the Kings Road, Fulham Broadway and Chelsea that is not central as a tourist location. We had a suite overlooking the river and the room was extremely clean with a lovely view. The staff were marvellous and I have no complaints at all about the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Wyndham Grand, I was thrilled to read has a pleasant stay and enjoyed the views from your suite. Being situated in Chelsea guests can explore the famous Kinds Road then retreat to the peaceful Chelsea Harbour. Once again thank you for your review and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011 via mobile

Hotel itself is ok but not five star. The rooms are clean and spacious. The fundamental issue is the shockingly poor service my room wasn't ready till 5 pm after I'd requested early check in. My luggage didn't arrive till an hour later after 3 requests. The breakfast was a total joke. I asked for coffee three times and 35 minutes later still no coffee spoke to the restaurant mgr. Apologised and said he'd get it. Never arrived. Waiter took mine and colleuges breakfast order. Hers came out. 20 mins later mine still no where to be seen. No coffee either. This with 6 breakfast staff is shocking. If your after great service then avoid this hotel. There are far better options of 5 star quality with exceptional service to choose from in central London. Over rated and more a 3-4 star most def not 5

• Stayed November 2011
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Wyndham Grand, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the service you encountered during your stay. We take pride in our warm, friendly and professional team therefore I was most disappointed to hear of your experience.

With regards to your comments about early check-in, when a guest asks for early check-in we do our upmost to accommodate but we can’t always guarantee it. However I understand the inconvenience caused when your room was not ready until 17.00. The service you encountered during breakfast is not representative of the usual standard and for that I would like to apologise. We were busier than expected and unfortunately it caught us somewhat off guard. Rest assured I have passed your comments on the relevant departments to ensure these incidents do not occur in the future.

If you would like to discuss your experience in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me on 020 7823 3000 or at wyndham@wyndham.com. In the mean time I would like to thank you again for raising these issues and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Knutsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

My family and i recently stayed at the Wyndham as our base for a London Theatre trip.
as ever the standards of service at the hotel were superb.
The staff are very courteous and attentive to your needs with a personal can do attitude..
The rooms are great and it should be noted that all rooms are suites with a seperate living area which accomodates a large sofa bed.
This is especially welcome when travelling with children as you get your own space.
We made use of Room Service and the Restaraunt and the food was of a high standard.
The hotel also has a swimming pool which is a great for a relaxing swim after a hard days shopping.
Staying at this hotel really enhances the whole London experience -

Room Tip: The Marina / River view rooms all have balconys which offer a nice bonus
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the tripadvisor community, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Wyndham Grand and that you found staying here enhanced your London Theatre trip. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

From our arrival at the Wyndham and until our departure 4 days later, I can only describe this hotel as fantastic, after being away from home for two months; we definitely left the best til last. The check in process was a breeze, I especially liked the check in receptionist showing us to our suite and explaining everything to us. The suite itself was terrific, and the bed was oh so comfortable, the formal living area and its appointed furniture was spot on, the coffee machine was also great. Our view of the Marina was fabulous; I would definitely recommend the Marina view. The bathroom was well appointed with first class amenities, the toiletries supplied were what you would expect from a hotel of this class. All in all, a very enjoyable stay at the Wyndham. Would I stay here again, most definitely?

There is nothing I didn't like about the Wyndham itself; the only thing that might put guests off from staying at this hotel is its location, which however didn't put us off. The Wyndham is approximately a 5 minute brisk walk to the Kings Road, taxis not needed, from there you can get a number 22 bus that will take you all the way along the Kings Road to Sloane Square, and then on to Piccadilly Circus, cost of this great bus ride is 2 Pounds and 40 Pence. Or, and even greater bus ride, get a number 11 bus, again it will take you to Sloane Square, through to Victoria, up to the Houses of Parliament, through Trafalgar Square and down the Strand to Liverpool Street Station, much cheaper than those tour buses, again, 2 Pounds and 40 Pence, that's about $3.75. On Sunday morning, take the number 11 bus to Liverpool St Station, just around the corner is Petticoat Lane Market.

Room Tip: Ask for room over the marina.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing such a lovely review, I am delighted you enjoyed every aspect of your stay at the Wyndham Grand and that you found the in-suite amenities a great addition. It was especially pleasant to read that after 2 months away from home you believe you saved the best hotel until last. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back soon.
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

We stayed for five days at this lovely hotel at Chelsea Marina and from the moment we walked in the door to check out, we experienced superb service in a beautiful setting. We especially enjoyed the tranquility of being away from the typical noisy, busy downtown London htoel locations and enjoyed the river walk and marirna promenade, yet we were only a short tube ride away from all of the main London attractions. The friendly staff were always gracious and accomodating of our every request. Room service was prompt and delicious; the restaurant provided an excellent harbor side dining experience, and we had champagne service each evening in the lounge. This contemporary, yet warm and cozy, hotel is an excellent alternative to the central London hotels and provides great value for the price. We will definately stay here on our next visit to London!

Room Tip: Our request for a room near the lift was graciously accomodated, and we were provided a generous siz...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Wyndham Grand and that you embraced the tranquil location. I was most delighted to learn you found our team accommodating and friendly. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Having heard about how expensive and disappointing London hotels are, I was delighted to find a gem of a hotel on my first visit. Starting with the staff, they did their very best to provide excellent service. The rooms were very comfortable and tastefully appointed and we enjoyed using the espresso maker in our room every evening... I thought the location was really great as we were only a short walk to the Overground - very easy to get around London from there. It was an upscale neighborhood with a great pub only a block away. Also within walking distance is "Curry Mary's" Indian Restaurant - an exquisite restaurant recommended by the staff. I have to say that staying at the Wyndham Grand Harbor made our trip to London really special!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Wyndham_Grand_London, Manager at The Chelsea Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for such a lovely review, I was delighted to read that your stay at the Wyndham Grand exceeded your expectations and made your trip to London extra special. I am glad that our team was able to assist you throughout your stay and I will be sure to pass your comments on. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Been to The Chelsea Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!