“Great Stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marylebone Hotel

You added The Marylebone Hotel to your Saves list
The Marylebone Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Welbeck Street, London W1G 8DN, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #65 of 1,066 Hotels in London
California
“Great Stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff. Central location, yet quiet area. Room was great and clean. Nice luxurious bathroom for Europe. Good internet signal. Newspaper at your door every morning. Amazing stay!

Cons: Could you use more lifts. Had to wait morning and at dinner time for a lift with space in it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted you had a “great stay”, thank you for taking the time to write about us.

We hang our hats on delivering exceptional service through genuine people and I am happy to read that this stood out for you. I fully take your comment regarding the elevators on board, we have 3 guest elevators which is ample most of the time but I can understand that it could be busier during peak times and apologize if this caused any inconvenience.

Thank you for your feedback, I hope we can welcome you back very soon!

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Falkirk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I only have good things to say about this hotel; friendly, helpful, genuine staff, clean spaceous and comfortable rooms with excellent gym, pool and spa. There is nothing more you could want for a business trip or holiday.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about us, your feedback and support is greatly appreciated.

I am very happy to hear that we are ticking all the boxes for you and that you only have positive feedback about the facilities and our service. If there is ever anything I or my team can do to make you more comfortable please do not hesitate to ask.

It would be a pleasure to meet you when you are next with us, please ask for me if you do have time and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Nearby oxford road and Bond Street this is a Great Choice to stay. We stayed in a suite in the 7 th floor very quiet and spacious. The breakfast and the Dinner at the inhouse Restaurants were excellent, staff very friendly and helpful. Even when we came with 8 persons they arranged a table for us. If you have enough Energy After a Long Day of Shopping and Sightseeing a well equipped gym is waiting for you. I can recommend the Hotel very much.o

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest

It was a wonderful pleasure to have you with us and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time at the Marylebone.

Marylebone Village is simply brilliant, it is only 5 minutes walk from Oxford and Bond Street as you mentioned, but what makes it truly special is the wonderful array of restaurants, café’s, bars and independent little shops that create such a vibrant atmosphere in this quaint little Village, right in the middle of Town. I am happy to hear we managed to accommodate your restaurant reservation and that you enjoyed the incredible facilities at The Third Space, Spa and Leisure Club.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope to meet you when you are next with us.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Unusually attentive service (especially from Gunther) makes the difference every time. Staff were eager to help and paid attention to details. Everything from booking a cab, ordering room service or navigating the minibar bill was made easier and more pleasant. Location is also a plus, as Marylebone is a more manageable, less crowded, more sophisticated shopping and browsing neighborhood than Oxford Street and Regent Street. Overall, I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Some rooms seem to have a higher ceiling.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Wow, I am very happy to hear you had such a great stay with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone.

It is always incredibly motivating when we receive such great feedback regarding our service and our people and even more rewarding when a particular employee really stood out for the service they delivered. Gunther is a wonderful ambassador for our service culture and our team; he genuinely loves looking after our guests, will always go the extra mile and simply enjoys being part of our guest’s experiences. He is going to be thrilled when I share this review, thank you!

We all look forward to welcoming you back to what I hope will now be your “home away from home”.

Mooloolaba, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Fantastic for people wanting to walk everywhere like us. Easy to get to hop on hop off buses, local corner pubs, shopping, shows and of course sightseeing.
Staff were immaculately attired and groomed and showed us how to get places and willing to book anything for us. Loved the place for it's excellent location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted you “loved” the location of our hotel and enjoyed your stay so much, thank you for telling others about the Marylebone.

Marylebone Village is an incredible spot in our City; it has a wonderful array of independent boutiques, great café’s, restaurants and bars and is only 5 minutes walk from Oxford and Bond Street!

We hope to welcome you back very soon

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Previously my visits to London have included staying at the Mandeville Hotel but due to a huge increase in rates, I chose the Marylebone hotel, primarily due to location (just around corner from Mandeville) I love this area! The Marylebone was offering quite competitive rates compared to everyone else so I bit the bullet and booked. I've given this hotel 4 stars to be fair; positives include great staff, lovely bathrooms, room size is quite large, and location as I've mentioned. But I don't know that I'd rebook here. My main hesitation relates to the room itself which is dull and doesn't give off even a hint of luxury that a 5* should have, and a bed and pillows which had dirty linen. But I'm sure this is probably a one off. Overall if you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a great loco, then check this one out.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am delighted you chose the Marylebone for your recent stay, thank you for choosing us!

Marylebone Village is a wonderful spot, it has all the charm and vibrancy of a bustling English Village yet it remains only 5 minutes walk from Oxford and Bond Street. I am sorry you found the room to be less than expected in terms of décor and absolutely have to apologize for the fact that your linen was not absolutely spotless, as is our standard. We take great pride in our cleanliness and I can assure you we will address this isolated incident with the greatest of urgency.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you again prior to your next trip so please reach out to me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com. I have every intention of ensuring you experience the service, quality and comfort of accommodations we pride ourselves upon and hope to have the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

I look forward to hearing from you and very much hope we can welcome you back to the Marylebone.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Booked a one night mid-week stay here as we were having dinner in Mayfair and the location was within walking distance. Located only a short walk from Oxford Circus or Bond Street tube so convenient for shopping! As we approached the hotel on foot, which is situated in a nice street, from the outside the hotel looked like a very ugly 1970's building. Once inside we were pleasantly surprised how excellent the decor and furnishings were. They offered us hot towels on checkin and water on check out which was a nice touch. We stayed on 6th floor. The corridors looked like they had recently been refurbished and everything very smart. In our superior room it was also good standard and the bed was comfy had all the facilities you required including a nespresso machine, complimentary water, slippers and robes. Breakfast was not included in our rate but we didn't have time to experience breakfast or see the pool/ spa facilities. Maybe next time!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing us based on our proximity to Mayfair, Oxford and Bond Street and I am delighted you enjoyed your Marylebone experience.

The small little touches and details we believe are so important and genuinely add to the overall experience. The Hotel was indeed recently fully renovated, from our public spaces down to all our guest bedrooms and the vision was to create a contemporary feel that will also make our customers feel truly welcome and at home.

Thank you so much for writing about us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Been to The Marylebone Hotel? Share your experiences!