“London Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marylebone Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Marylebone Hotel to your Saves list
The Marylebone Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Welbeck Street, London W1G 8DN, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #49 of 1,073 hotels in London
Mooloolaba, Australia
“London Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Fantastic for people wanting to walk everywhere like us. Easy to get to hop on hop off buses, local corner pubs, shopping, shows and of course sightseeing.
Staff were immaculately attired and groomed and showed us how to get places and willing to book anything for us. Loved the place for it's excellent location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted you “loved” the location of our hotel and enjoyed your stay so much, thank you for telling others about the Marylebone.

Marylebone Village is an incredible spot in our City; it has a wonderful array of independent boutiques, great café’s, restaurants and bars and is only 5 minutes walk from Oxford and Bond Street!

We hope to welcome you back very soon

1,596 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Arabic first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Previously my visits to London have included staying at the Mandeville Hotel but due to a huge increase in rates, I chose the Marylebone hotel, primarily due to location (just around corner from Mandeville) I love this area! The Marylebone was offering quite competitive rates compared to everyone else so I bit the bullet and booked. I've given this hotel 4 stars to be fair; positives include great staff, lovely bathrooms, room size is quite large, and location as I've mentioned. But I don't know that I'd rebook here. My main hesitation relates to the room itself which is dull and doesn't give off even a hint of luxury that a 5* should have, and a bed and pillows which had dirty linen. But I'm sure this is probably a one off. Overall if you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a great loco, then check this one out.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am delighted you chose the Marylebone for your recent stay, thank you for choosing us!

Marylebone Village is a wonderful spot, it has all the charm and vibrancy of a bustling English Village yet it remains only 5 minutes walk from Oxford and Bond Street. I am sorry you found the room to be less than expected in terms of décor and absolutely have to apologize for the fact that your linen was not absolutely spotless, as is our standard. We take great pride in our cleanliness and I can assure you we will address this isolated incident with the greatest of urgency.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you again prior to your next trip so please reach out to me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com. I have every intention of ensuring you experience the service, quality and comfort of accommodations we pride ourselves upon and hope to have the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

I look forward to hearing from you and very much hope we can welcome you back to the Marylebone.

Best wishes

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Booked a one night mid-week stay here as we were having dinner in Mayfair and the location was within walking distance. Located only a short walk from Oxford Circus or Bond Street tube so convenient for shopping! As we approached the hotel on foot, which is situated in a nice street, from the outside the hotel looked like a very ugly 1970's building. Once inside we were pleasantly surprised how excellent the decor and furnishings were. They offered us hot towels on checkin and water on check out which was a nice touch. We stayed on 6th floor. The corridors looked like they had recently been refurbished and everything very smart. In our superior room it was also good standard and the bed was comfy had all the facilities you required including a nespresso machine, complimentary water, slippers and robes. Breakfast was not included in our rate but we didn't have time to experience breakfast or see the pool/ spa facilities. Maybe next time!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing us based on our proximity to Mayfair, Oxford and Bond Street and I am delighted you enjoyed your Marylebone experience.

The small little touches and details we believe are so important and genuinely add to the overall experience. The Hotel was indeed recently fully renovated, from our public spaces down to all our guest bedrooms and the vision was to create a contemporary feel that will also make our customers feel truly welcome and at home.

Thank you so much for writing about us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel is well lacated in mostly residential neighborhood with easy walking access to central london shopping, dining and site seeing. The staff is friendly and helpful. Our room was on the smaller side, but very adequately appointed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone.

I am very pleased that our location worked for you and that you found our service and our staff to be friendly and helpful throughout.

Thank you for taking the time to write about us and I look forward to welcoming you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My sister and I travel to London for the first time. We stayed in the Marylebone. Great location, great service. Staff were friendly and helpful. The location is great, it is close to Oxford Street, Regent Street and tube stations - Bond St and Marble Arc tube station. The hotel itself was of a high standard, we enjoyed our stay. Would highly recommend

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest

Amazing review! Thank you for taking the time to write about us, your feedback is important to me and my team and we greatly appreciate your support in telling others about the Marylebone.

I am thrilled you and your sister chose us for your first stay in London and so pleased you enjoyed the experience. Our location is superb for exploring this wonderful City, the Village is quant and charming yet incredibly close to the main arteries of Oxford and Bond street.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope to welcome you both back soon!

Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We booked via a website that entailed us to afternoon tea for 2 for £38.

The decor was so charming and colourful and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

The tea was lovely; the lemon verbena tea is excellent. The sandwiches were very fresh; the cakes were interesting, especially the champagne jelly. The tea is unlimited - this is a nice feature as sometimes you have to pay extra for this option..

I would re visit this hotel for afternoon tea, it is one of the best i have come across

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent Afternoon Tea with us!

It was a pleasure to have you with us for the afternoon and am delighted you thought the tea was “lovely”, we want to be generous so unlimited tea and replenishment of sandwiches and pastries are very much part of our service ethos.

We look forward to welcoming you back, watch this space for our special Wimbledon Afternoon Tea coming soon!

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Spent a week in London in the Marylebone and felt moved to post my first ever review.
Great location, great service. Staff were friendly and helpful. The concierge, Riyas Kallan, went out of his way to make my life easier. The restaurant staff even kept my breakfast warm while I was called away to conduct some business mid-meal. The hotel is convenient for Tube and greater London, the rooms are comfortable and the facilities excellent.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

I am so happy you felt compelled to write your first review, thank you for taking the time to put pen to paper and tell others about your time with us!

It was a pleasure to have you stay and I am thrilled you had such a positive experience, we pride ourselves on the personal nature of our service and having a team of real people’s people, so your brilliant comments about our staff and Riyas in particular is therefore hugely motivating.

Thank you for choosing us, we are all looking forward to welcoming you back!

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Been to The Marylebone Hotel? Share your experiences!