“High standards” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marylebone Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Marylebone Hotel to your Saves list
The Marylebone Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Welbeck Street, London W1G 8DN, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #51 of 1,075 hotels in London
Neath
“High standards”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Another excellent stay. Friendly and comfortable. Centrally located. Excellent facilities and good bedrooms with all that you need. Spa is good as is the general ambiance of the whole hotel. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your continued support, your loyal patronage is incredibly important to me and my team and I am delighted you have had another enjoyable experience with us.

Our sole focus is to deliver the very highest of standards in both product and personal service and your positive feedback is incredibly motivating and encouraging.

I hope we can be a “home away from home” for you for many years to come and very much look forward to welcoming you back.

1,573 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Arabic first
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed in the Marylebone early January 2014 for three nights. Loved it. We had an initial hiccup at check-in regarding the type of room and then the keys not working - however the matter was resolved very professionally.
It is the service and the standard of food which makes this hotel such a great experience. Despite the fact that it is a relatively large hotel, the Doyle group have managed very successfully to make you feel that you are staying in a small boutique hotel. The lovely areas off the lobby where you can sit and relax - enjoy a tea, have a read of the papers, relax by the fire all add to the feeling of intimacy. The breakfast buffet is of exceptionally high standard. The manner in which the food is displayed, the obvious fresh high quality produce on offer, as well as the interesting choice from the menu, cooked fresh to order, puts this hotel above many others I have stayed in, in London. The avocado on toast with lemon, chillis and coriander is a delight! All served to you by staff in the breakfast room who are so very professional - discreet, efficient and exceptionally pleasant.
Finally should mention the Spa, gym and pool area: very modern , spotless and very well equipped just add to the experience. I will look no further for my future trips to London. Loved it.

Room Tip: It may be that the standard double or twin room is a bit small - try book a higher level if the budg...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Wow, I am delighted you “loved” your recent stay with us, we could ask for no better feedback and I am incredibly grateful that you took the time to write about your experience.

So sorry to hear you had a few hiccups on arrival, we normally don’t have problems with room keys but I will certainly look into the matter a little further. I am very happy to hear though that you felt we dealt with the initial issue professionally and thrilled that your overall stay exceeded all your expectations. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the ambiance and feeling of intimacy throughout, our décor, design and service are very much geared towards creating warm and welcoming experiences that hopefully makes all our guests feel truly at home. The new additions to our breakfast menu have recently been included to reflect our focus on healthy, appetizing dishes sourced locally and using only the very best and freshest ingredients. I am thrilled you enjoyed both the variety and quality and will be sure to pass on your feedback to Russell, our Executive Chef, and his Brigade in 108.

To know that we are now your preferred hotel in London is absolute music to my ears and I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Etobicoke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My wife and I have stayed in the Marylebone Hotel many times on both vacation and business trips. This hotel has never failed to deliver on providing immaculate service and a perfect venue for a long or short stay in London. The location in Marylebone is perfect for dining out, sightseeing, and shopping. It has a small, boutique hotel feel and it is hard to remember that it is one of three Doyle Collection Hotels in London - all of which are fantastic and very reasonably priced for the capital city. I would recommend staying here whole-heartedly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest

I am incredibly appreciative of your continued support; it is wonderful to have you and your wife as our regular, returning guests for both business and vacation, thank you for making us your London home.

Your personal recommendation is incredibly important to me and my team, word of mouth will always remain the most powerful form of referral and your support is greatly valued. If I can ever assist in any way, prior to your next stay or whilst with us, please do not hesitate to contact me personally on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com.

I hope we will be your home away from home for many years to come and very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards

Waltham Abbey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you want to be near Oxford Street with out all the tackiness then this hotel is the place to stay. It is located less than 5 minutes to Oxford Street, the nearest tube is Bond Street (5 mins) and Marylebone high street is 2 mins away.

The service upon checking in was excellent, with very polite and friendly staff. Our room was a very spacious double, with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was bright and airy and very modern.

There is a huge choice for breakfast so everyone should be happy although we had 2 cooked breakfasts which came to £30. Not cheap.

Because of its location the hotel is great for shopping and also the nightlife but is tucked away so the is very little noise around the hotel.

The bar in the hotel is very good although the drinks are quite pricey but you are in a hotel in central London so what would you expect?

We live less than an hour away but we chose this hotel for a weekend break and were not dissapointed. The next time we stay in London will be here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us, your feedback is very important to me and my team.

I am thrilled you chose us for your weekend break and delighted you had such a positive experience. Marylebone Village is indeed a very special location, it has all the style, ambience and vibrancy of an up market English Village yet it is still only 5minutes walk from both Oxford and Bond Street, the very best of both worlds in our book! I am very happy that our staff really stood to for you, I am very fortunate to have a caring and service driven team who genuinely love looking after our guests and I think this makes all the difference.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am very pleased you will definitely return again. We look forward to welcoming you back and I hope to personally meet you when you return.

Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Nice and quite hotel, centrally positioned. Nice room. Bathroom a bit small, but ok for a one night stay. Very warm welcome from the staff. Did not test the fitness, which looked great. Did not test breakfast.
I Will come back for sure.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone for your recent business visit to London.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were particularly impressed by the warmth and friendliness of our team. We firmly believe that our guests should always feel as if they’ve come home and I think this is even more important for guests travelling so frequently on business.

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for your continued support and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Marina Del Rey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Such a great place to stay! Everything was perfect from A to Z. Nespresso in the room is a great addition. Staff is so polite and wonderful! I cannot find anything negative to say about this hotel! I would stay there without hesitation on my next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Wow, we could not ask for a better response from our guests than “exceptional”!

I am thrilled you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and thought everything was “perfect”. So happy that our staff stood out for you, they genuinely care about our guests and will be delighted to hear that you thought they were “wonderful”.

Thank you so much for writing about us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Diamond Bar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This was our first trip to London, so we stayed where our friends were staying. This hotel was beautiful. We went the day after Christmas through New Years, so it was still wonderfully decorated for Christmas. The rooms were comfortable, large and the bathroom floors were heated. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful with setting up tours and getting us theatre tickets. A few blocks from the subway, but not a bad walk. A bit expensive, but what hotel isn't in London. Overall wonderful experience. Try the steak place and the itlaian restraunts across the street,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone for your post Christmas break!

I am delighted that you enjoyed all the comforts of your room and thought the Hotel was “beautiful”. Most importantly I am pleased that our service and the genuine friendliness of our staff really made such a positive impression and I hope we can be a home away from home for you for many years to come.

Thank you for writing about us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Been to The Marylebone Hotel? Share your experiences!