“Very friendly and helpful team” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Marylebone Hotel

You added The Marylebone Hotel to your Saves list
The Marylebone Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Welbeck Street, London W1G 8DN, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #64 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Very friendly and helpful team”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Only a one night stay. Very friendly and helpful team. The room a little on the cramped side but otherwise a really good stay. Breakfast was good and the room was very quiet for central London with everything I needed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a review and telling others about your Marylebone experience.

I am thrilled you thought our team was helpful and friendly throughout, it is incredibly important for us that all our guests feel truly welcome and at home. I am sorry that you felt your room was less spacious than expected, we do have 7 room categories which vary from 18 to over 80 square meters and practically anything in between so I am confident we have something that would tick both the space and value box for your next stay. Perhaps we could arrange to connect prior to your next visit, I want to ensure we get it absolutely spot on for you and exceed all your future expectations.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We visited the hotel for a birthday trip. The hotel location is fantastic and the staff were fabulous on arrival and throughout our stay. We stayed in a Deluxe Room on the third floor which was filled with everything we required. The room and facilities were brilliant.

We visited and used the spa facilities a number of times and can highly recommend visitors to use them. The layout, changing rooms, showers and supplies were second to none.

We didn't eat at the hotel as we had existing reservations but sat in 108 Bar on a few occasions and the staff were friendly and attentive, top marks and great cocktails.

If you want a lovely hotel in a great location, this is the hotel for you!

Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest

A belated Happy Birthday! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, “fabulous” is exactly what we like to hear from our guests and I am very grateful that you took the time to write about your experience.

For us it’s about delivering exceptional service experiences that are genuine and warm, your wonderful feedback is therefore incredibly motivating and I am thrilled you thought our people impressed throughout. Thank you so much for personally recommending us to others, word of mouth will always remain the most powerful form of referral and your personal endorsement means the world to me and my team.

I hope to welcome you back very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed here for my birthday weekend and loved everything about this hotel. Fantastic, quiet location near Regent Street, Oxford Street and classy Marylebone High Street, perfect for shopping and eating. Friendly, helpful staff who go the extra mile. Stylish Art Deco decor (nicer than the usual characterless hotel interior). Room service was really quick and the food was yummy. The room was smallish with a bijou (nice way to say tiny) bathroom but well equipped and had a well-stocked mini bar, kettle and a selection of hot drinks. Decent hair dryer (what a relief), towelling robes and slippers - they've thought of everything.
All in all, a lovely place to stay. I can't think of a better place to stay in London.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Wow, I am thrilled you loved your stay with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone.

It was such a pleasure to have you with us and I am very happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your time at the Marylebone. I am delighted you will definitely return to us again, your long term support and loyalty is crucial to our success and ultimately what we strive to nurture with all our customers.

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience and I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Athens, Attiki, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

From my arrival to my departure date the all personel were superb. Very friendly and proffesional.The maids they new even my name! Everybody was there to help you to find a right answer for your question. They must invest alot for training. The room is alittle bit small nothing to complain, but has everything you need. Bathroom spacious with a very good shower. The bed vey comfortable for a good night sleep. Stayed 5 nights and I did not had any complain. Free WIFI internet, free 2 bottles of water daily, ipad and iphone charger in the room, safe deposit,bathrobes, coffee tea making facilities, 3minutes walk from Oxford street!!!. On your deparure day dont forget to order from them limo transfer to the airport with a luxurious car with a price alot less than a normal taxi cab.
I will be back again and again and for sure I will recomend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of your recent stay with us.

It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Marylebone and I am thrilled you were so impressed with your stay. I am very happy that our service and the warmth of our team in particular stood out for you, it is our most important focus and we believe that if we can achieve this level of service consistently, we will be able to nurture long term relationships with all our guests.

Thank you for choosing us and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Check in was prompt and efficient, and there was ample offer of help with bags and being shown to my room. The foyer was welcoming and beautifully decorated for Christmas. The overall impression on going to one's room was that a substantial sum had been invested in a recent face lift. The room itself was touted as 'superior' but was still pretty cramped, with no bath. The heating system was antediluvian. A thermostat controlled metal box fan in one corner of the room. This made a noise like a Russian tractor as it cycled on and off. The only way to get some sleep was to turn if off completely. I then awoke at 4am, and despite a cold room found my sheets wringing wet. I thought I had developed a severe fever. Astonishingly (for a hotel charging over £200 per night) there was a rubber mattress protector under my base sheet. If a hotel finds it necessary to put one of these dreadful things on a bed - presumably to protect the mattress from bed-wetters (?) they could at least use an up-market breathable product or put a substantial mattress-topper over it. To be fair to the hotel, a bill adjustment was made for the lost night's sleep, but really!! Many members of my party also lost sleep due to the noisy room heaters and I see that other Tripadvisor reviewers have commented on this. The breakfast service was exemplary. Ditch the rubber and update the room environment management, and this could be a decent hotel.

Room Tip: Once you have chosen/been allocated your room, switch off the heater 'box' and check your ma...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, we value your feedback and know that we can only improve if we truly listen to what our customers are saying about us.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise from the Air-conditioning Unit in your room and furthermore found our mattress protector affecting your comfort. I have instructed our Chief Engineer to look into the noise issue immediately, the units should most certainly not be audible to an extent where a guest is disturbed and there is clearly a defect with this particular unit, which we will address as a priority. The mattress protector you referred to consists of 50% polyester and 50% cotton and I can honestly say this is the first time in my tenure at the Marylebone that we have ever had any negative feedback regarding these protectors. Nevertheless, I take your comments on board, a great nights’ sleep is ultimately the very least all our guests would expect and I will personally look into this matter further.

I am pleased you were impressed with our breakfast and service overall, we will learn from your constructive feedback and look at the areas we need to address.

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone.

Best wishes

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We have stayed at the Marylebone hotel 4 times in the past 12months and we love it. the staff are so friendly and professional - they even recognized us in the bar when they did not have access to our names... The rooms are spotless, the food is good and the whole ambience of the hotel is lovely. Add to that how close you are to the shopping districts yet you feel as if you're in a village - it's great!!

Room Tip: Ask when booking which type of room you want (we prefer quiet) and the staff will try their best to...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Guest

Wow, thank you for your wonderful support and for taking the time to write such a brilliant review.

I am thrilled to hear you “love” your stays here; it is our ultimate goal to be a real home away from home for all our guests and to have you return and read your positive feedback is incredibly encouraging and motivating for me and my team.

Thank you again for choosing the Marylebone, I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Vilnius, Lithuania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was my second stay at this property but unfortunately I again cannot write a reaving review...
The location and overall atmosphere at the hotel is simply great, the front desk people were very friendly and quick and the concierge extremely helpful.
The size of the room was a bit better this time (although still very cramped for a 3 night stay with 2 people) but the heating system is so noisy we had to simply turn it off at night. The same goes for the water....when you flush the toilet or take a shower, your partner can't even listen to the news on the TV...again, no idea where this noise comes from...
So all in all, this hotels has a lot of plusses but a couple of very unpleasant minuses

Room Tip: Stay away from the terrible heating and water noise in room 735
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, we want to continue improving and can only do so if we truly listen and act on how you experience our service and facilities.

Whilst I am happy that our location, overall atmosphere and service impressed, I am obviously disappointed that you were disturbed by noise emanating from the Air Conditioning System and the bathroom. Firstly, I wanted to personally say that I am sorry this affected your overall experience, it is so important to me and my team that we get it absolutely spot on, and we are disappointed that this was not the case. The problems you highlighted in room 735 have already been addressed by our Engineering Team and I will revisit our inspection processes with both our Engineering and Housekeeping Team to ensure we don’t see this type of issue re occur.

I hope you can accept my personal assurance that the issues you highlighted, however frustrating is not indicative of the high levels of Housekeeping and Maintenance we pride ourselves on.

I do hope to welcome you back and would be very happy to personally oversee your next reservation and stay, if you would be so kind to contact me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com.

With renewed apologies

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Been to The Marylebone Hotel? Share your experiences!