“One Night Stay at the Marylebone” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marylebone Hotel

You added The Marylebone Hotel to your Saves list
The Marylebone Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Welbeck Street, London W1G 8DN, England (Marylebone)   |
Special Rate
Limited Edition
Ranked #73 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“One Night Stay at the Marylebone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely stay at this hotel. I have to say that the staff here are a real asset. We visit this area of London reasonably regularly and we will definately stay here again. The room was rather small, but very nicely decorated and a very reasonable price, so next time we will push the boat out and have a larger room! We have stayed in other hotels in the same area, paid much more and been very disappointed. The only hotel for me in this area of London, well done to all the staff there! :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone for your recent trip into Town. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and very happy to hear we will now be your Hotel of Choice when in London.

Your wonderful comments about our team are deeply appreciated, I am very fortunate to be surrounded by a brilliant team of individuals with a real passion for service delivery. I firmly believe a truly genuine approach to looking after our customers will ultimately be the deciding factor in whether our guests will return and your positive feedback is therefore very encouraging and wonderfully motivating.

Thank you for taking the time to write about us and I very much look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the Marylebone.

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed at the Marylebone with my boyfriend a few weeks ago and we had the best stay. From the moment we arrived we felt extremely welcome and the service we received from then on was brilliant.
The room was lovely, with thoughtful features that made our stay that little bit more enjoyable.
The bar and lobby facilities were excellent, and drinking cocktails by the fire made for an excellent evening.
Breakfast the next day was wonderful, with such a huge amount on offer and great service from all the staff. This was followed by a lovely swim and time to relax by the pool. A great place to unwind.
All in all we had a wonderful time and both agreed The Marylebone was a perfect place to spend our time in London.

• Stayed November 2013
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that we not only met but exceeded all your expectations, it is exactly what we strive to achieve for every guest that visits the Marylebone.

It is a real pleasure to read that everything about your stay impressed and ultimately made your experience with us that little more special, from the welcome on arrival to the service you received from our team throughout, we believe all the little details make the crucial difference between a good stay and an exceptional experience. I am very grateful for your kind feedback; your wonderful review not only serves as a great motivator for us all but it also allows other visitors to get a glimpse of what we are all about, through your eyes.

Thank you for choosing us and for writing so eloquently about your stay, I hope we can be your new home away from home when you return to London.

Tel Aviv, Israel

Superb hotel.
very clean, Modern but tasteful, Warm and comforting,
staff pleasant and welcoming.
just 5 min walk to oxford & bond station.
the price that we get was the same like others hotles , non of them Equal...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Excellent feedback, we could not ask for a better response than “superb hotel”. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review and in doing so telling others about your Marylebone experience.

It is very encouraging to read that you felt we delivered a warm welcome and comfortable surroundings with friendly service and I am happy you felt we represented unequaled value when compared to other Hotels.

Thank you again for your feedback, which not only helps us to gauge our success in looking after our guests but also assists a great deal as we strive for continual improvement and enhancements in our service and facilities.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed four nights in a wonderful room. Spacious by London standards and immaculately maintained through my stay. The staff was super in every respect. I also had a chance to enjoy the on site restaurant which was well priced and deliscious. Highly recomended. The location is as good as it gets. Oxford Street shops and main tube stations minutes away, 6 mins. to Paddington Station by cab (your link to the Heathrow Express). I litterally stepped off the plane and was in my room in less than 45 mins.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

A pleasure to hear you had such a positive experience, thank you for posting your review and telling others about the Marylebone.

I am delighted that your room, our restaurant, our location and perhaps most importantly our service impressed during your 4 night stay and I hope we are now your preferred Hotel whenever in Town.

It was a real pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Me and my daughter visited London for a London a "daughter/father" weekend in mid november. We choosed Marylebone because it felt priceworth, good location and nice recommendations here on tripadvisor. It turned out to be a really good choose. Marylebone is absolutely one of the best hotels i ever stayed at. Rooms and public areas is nice and felt welcoming but not especially compared to other hotel. The big difference is the staff and the way they treated us. At frontdesk, in restaurant for breakfast and dinner, in the lobby and the housekeeping they all tried harder than i ever experienced before.
So if you plan at trip To London my suggestion is The Marylebone Hotel

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms at backyard on 5th floor above the kitchen, there are big noise fans on the r...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I am delighted to hear you thought your recent visit to the Marylebone was “the best stay ever”. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and telling others about your experience.

I am incredibly happy to read that your stay was made special and memorable by the service you received from our team. We firmly believe that our service and the way we look after our customers can make the decisive difference between a reasonable hotel stay and a brilliant service experience and I am very happy to be surrounded by people with a real passion and enthusiasm for service delivery. Your feedback is very motivating indeed and I know my team will greatly appreciate your kind words when we share your review.

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone and we hope to welcome you and your daughter back very soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days. Had a lovely time and the hotel facilities are superb. Nice and friendly , helpful staff. Especially the breakfast is highly Recommended. Very close to Oxford street and Bond street subway station.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest

A pleasure to have had you stay with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone.

I am delighted that our Hotel Facilities, location and perhaps most importantly our service ticked all the right boxes for you and I am very appreciative of your personal recommendation.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Marylebone, we are all looking forward to welcoming you back.

Cork Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed for two nights this weekend November 22/24th and like previous stays found the hotel continues to set the highest of standards. Charming friendly professional front- desk personnel in particular Gunther who displays great interpersonal skills in both welcoming guests and giving advice regarding local restaurants , pubs and shopping. The bedrooms are well furnished with comfortable beds ensuring a restful environment after a busy day. Breakfast is of an excellent standard with a wide variety of breakfast options and an attentive and obliging staff. The hotels location is excellent being just a 5 minute walk to Oxford Streets myriad of shops. There is free Wifi within the hotel with great public spaces to enjoy and chill. The hotel restaurant and bar is popular with guests and has an extensive menu and drink choice. The hotel is close to Bond & Baker Street tube station and is only a short taxi ride from Paddington Station where the Heathrow Express operates from. I would highly recommend this exceptional hotel to all visitors.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Firstly I have to thank you personally for your continued support, your loyal patronage is deeply appreciated and greatly valued. I hope we can be a home away from home for you for many years to come and if I can ever personally assist in any way please do not hesitate to reach out to me at frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com.

I am so pleased you found our service and our Front Desk team in particular to be charming, friendly and genuinely warm. Ultimately our future success will depend on our ability to deliver unsurpassed levels of customer service and this very much boils down to our team members. Our employee’s, like Gunther, genuinely care and we recruit, train and develop people who have a true passion for service delivery and quite simply enjoy looking after others. Gunther will be thrilled when I share this review with our team, thank you for highlighting him as a stand out employee.

Thank you for recommending us so highly to other visitors, word of mouth remains the most powerful form of referral and the very best endorsement we could ever ask for.

It was a pleasure to have you with us again, I hope to welcome you back soon and look forward to meeting you when you return.

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Been to The Marylebone Hotel? Share your experiences!