“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marylebone Hotel

You added The Marylebone Hotel to your Saves list
The Marylebone Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Welbeck Street, London W1G 8DN, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #65 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is excelent, we stayed first for 3 nights at the Hilton in Park Lane and believe me the experience in Marylebone is quite superior. The rooms and the hotel are very nice, the staff is very friendly but above all the service is outstanding. Whenever you need something you get it right away they are very professional. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Also you find good restaurants, shops, the tube, etc.

Ruddy Santos

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest

Great review! I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us so much and very grateful that you took the time to write about your experience.

Your personal recommendation is greatly appreciated, word of mouth will always be the most powerful form of referral we could ever ask for and as a team we recognize our responsibility to ensure we not only maintain but continue to improve our standards of service. Ultimately we want to exceed all our guests’ future expectations and become a true “home away from home” for our guests.

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone, we are all looking forward to welcoming you back!

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Love it. Previously stayed at their other Doyle property in soho - the Bloomsbury- which is also fabulous. The Marylebone has more buzz and feels like a younger hipper clientele. They sweetly surprised me with a bottle of champagne when they found out it was my birthday - the little darlings.xx

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest

A belated Happy Birthday. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and of course the champagne!

To know you “loved it” is absolute music to my ears, thank you so much for choosing us and also taking the time to tell others about your stay.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Recently stayed in the Marylebone Hotel for a weekend with my sister. From the door being opened it was fantastic! Staff were so helpful, our room was beautiful with lovely high ceilings and despite the fact that you are so close to everything it was lovely and peaceful.

Marylebone High Street is only a two minute walk with lovely little shops while Oxford Street and all the big name shops are close by. The breakfast was delicious and despite the fact it was very busy the service was excellent. We also got delicious chocolate and hot milk one of the evenings as part of the turndown, perfect after a long day! Would highly recommend it for a lovely comfortable weekend away

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing about your recent stay at the Marylebone; it was a pleasure to have you and your sister with us.

I am so pleased that you felt welcome and at home from the moment you arrived and that you enjoyed the wonderful Marylebone Village. It is indeed a wonderfully tranquil and quant part of town, yet it is still incredibly accessible being only 5 minutes from Oxford and Bond Street.

Thank you for recommending us to others and we hope to see you back very soon!

Yours sincerely

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My family have just completed a 3 day stay at this hotel and we can safely say that the service we received was top notch. The staff greeted you by name, were very helpful and some of the little things like fresh fruit in the lobby and the turn down service made our stay a very pleasant experience. Location is great - very close to Oxford St and Bond Street underground. The area has a number of very nice restaurants, some of them being very popular with queue's out on to the street.
I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to anyone looking for a central London hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone for your family’s trip to London; it was a pleasure to have you all with us.

I am thrilled you thought our service was “top notch”, as a team we strive to deliver the highest levels of personalized service that will hopefully ensure our customers always return.

Thank you for recommending us so highly, for taking the time to write about your time with us and we all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Marylebone in the very near future.

Best wishes

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

From the intoxicating smell of the candles when you walk in, to the personable service of the door attendants to the outstanding professionalism of each staff member, to the cozy, soft rooms with comfortable beds and fresh sheets to the 'real' top level 'no excuse' gym and pool in the basement....this hotel is like no other in London. Wonderfully placed off Marylebone Hight Street and minutes away from Bond and Oxford Streets, this hotel is run with a level of service unheard of in London. I am fortunate to spend almost one full week every month there on business and am welcomed back each time like an old friend. They never disappoint and are always genuinely interested in making sure that I am comfortable. There is nowhere else I would stay for a business trip or a personal visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

I am absolutely thrilled to read your wonderful review! Thank you so much for putting pen to paper and describing your Marylebone experience so eloquently to others.

It was such a pleasure to read that EVERYTHING about your stay impressed, we always want to exceed our guests’ expectations and it is very motivating indeed when our efforts are so positively displayed in a guests’ experience. What pleased me most about your review were your comments about our service and our team. Our entire service ethos revolves around delivering consistently outstanding service experiences that are always professional, totally personal and above all genuine. We have an incredible team of very highly motivated and passionate individuals who I am proud to say simply love what they do. Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words, it is greatly appreciated.

I hope we will now be your future “home away from home” and very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Prior to booking this hotel I spent a lot of time checking out the reviews. One of the reasons I chose this hotel was it was so close for shopping and being centre of town as well as having not so many bad reviews. Their Certificate of Excellence from Expedia was another reason which swayed me to book.
I was arranging a surprise get away for my partners 30th birthday. I had been in touch with the hotel after booking to arrange a surprise for him. The hotel staff were very accommodating and helpful especially Rahim - head of concierge. Rahim and Alixander had helped me book the best seats for the Phantom of the Opera and arranged for a bottle of Champagne and cake on our arrival.
We arrived at hotel few hours prior to check in our room was not ready yet so we had left our bags. The check in girl had given us fresh towels to freshen up a nice gesture and offered us tea and coffee complimentary while we waited for our check in. We decided to go for a stroll. The directions given to us by Rahim to dodge the street walkers and only took 10 - 15 mins to get to Oxford St and Regent St. We walked to Soho Chinatown in 20 mins. The hotel is very central and nearest tube was Bond St.
The room was very spacious and clean. Loved the turndown service - water and chocolates! Bathroom was good size and lovely and bright. The only thing would be an ice machine would be ideal as there would be a charge for a bucket of ice.The hotel had a spa and swimming pool which we unfortunately didn't have enough time to check out. Felt very welcoming and loved the location. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for somewhere to stay as a city break for shopping and I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Guest

A pleasure to read your review, thank you for taking the time to write about us.

Marylebone Village is indeed the perfect location for a bit of retail therapy, not only are we located only 5 minutes walk from both Oxford and Bond Street but the Village itself offers an array of independent boutiques, literally on our doorstep. I am very happy to read that you felt welcome and at home with us and particularly pleased that Rahim and Alix impressed. I know they will be over the moon when I share your kind feedback.

I absolutely take on board your suggestion for providing ice machines, whilst we currently offer ice buckets on request I understand your comment regarding the delivery charge. It is something we will look into as a priority, ultimately our future success depends on our ability to genuinely listen and learn from our guests’ and we will continue to evolve our service and product to achieve this goal.

I am very appreciative of your personal recommendation, it means to the world to us and I hope we will be welcoming you back to the Marylebone in the very near future.

Best wishes

Akron, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were very pleased with our choice to stay at the Marylebone Hotel for our recent trip to London. The location was excellent for our purposes, the property was well-maintained and the staff were outstanding! Our room was clean and quite comfortable. Tatiana, who checked us in, was wonderful, as was the rest of the staff. The continental breakfast kept us going all day. Overall, just a great hotel in London.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Guest

I am extremely happy to read your review! Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about your experience.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our location, our hotel and most importantly I would say the service you received from our staff and I am incredibly happy that your were so impressed with Tatiana in particular. She is an amazing member of our Front Desk team who will simply always go the extra mile to make all our guests feel genuinely welcome and at home.

I hope we will always be your preferred London Hotel and if I can ever assist in any way, prior to your next stay or whilst with us, please do not hesitate to contact me personally on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com or simply ask for me at reception.

I look forward to welcoming you back and hope to meet you in person when you return.

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Been to The Marylebone Hotel? Share your experiences!