“Nice Hotel Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Marylebone Hotel

You added The Marylebone Hotel to your Saves list
The Marylebone Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Welbeck Street, London W1G 8DN, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #64 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice Hotel Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The room was not ready when we arrived mid afternoon however staff arranged a complimentary drink. There was workmen noise when shown to our room and although fully booked staff arranged another room after a couple of hours. It should be noted that a DeLuxe room can vary in size in particular the bathroom and wardrobe/storage area. The room was well appointed with modern equipment. All staff were extremely friendly and the hotel is close to good dining and shopping areas and the tube is a short walk. did not use the dining room but food provided in the Bar was fine for that type of fare

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing the Marylebone.

I am sorry to hear that your room was not ready for your midday arrival. We always do our very best to have rooms ready as soon as possible, regardless of our guests arrival times as we know how tiring journeys can be. The work men noise I can only assume emanated from outside the building as we have no current renovation projects underway; I am pleased though that we managed to find a more suitable room for you.

Despite the initial wait I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and very happy that you found our team to be so friendly and helpful.

Thank you for telling us and others about your experience, we value your feedback and view it as an essential tool for improving our facilities and service.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Aston Clinton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

In London with my wife for a West End show so booked for an overnight stay at the The Marylebone Hotel through a 3rd party website. We arrived to book in around 23:15 after the show and it seemed our booking hadn't been received. After a 10 minute wait in one of the lounges we were given tickets for a complimetary drink in the bar and a room upgrade for our inconvenience - which was a lovely surprise.

The room was neat, clean and modern but very comfortable and welcoming with everything you need: tea, coffee machine, mini bar, great shower...even an iphone dock. It was also very quiet and I was kept awake by the ticking of the alarm clock, of all things! The breakfast room was busy (probably our bad timing) but once seated had a wide choice and the staff were attentive but not overly so.

Overall, a great hotel with friendly, helpful staff in a fantastic central location only a few minutes walk from Oxford Street...it even had a nice smell! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone for your West End visit; it was a pleasure to have you with us.

Firstly, please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience caused on arrival with your reservation, I am not sure where the breakdown in communication occurred between the 3rd party site and us but I know it must have been frustrating for you at the time. I am happy though that our team looked after you and thrilled that you had positive overall experience, particularly from a staff attentiveness and service perspective and to know that you will definitely stay with us again is absolute music to my ears.

Thank you for taking the time to write about us, your feedback is incredibly important to me and my team as we strive to learn and improve from your observations.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back and hope to meet you in person when you return to the Marylebone.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel was a stark contrast to what I had just checked out of. The hotel, service and the rooms all were excellent. Location is great and I would definitely stay here again. The check in was smooth and polite. The room was spacious and had been recently refurbished. Overall the hotel had a very nice ambience

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay with us.

I am delighted you were pleasantly surprised, having moved from a different hotel, and thrilled we managed to exceed your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally at frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com if I can help with any future reservations or assistance, we hope to be a “home away from home” for you whenever you are in London again.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September and had a wonderful experience. The hotel is beautiful with a large reception area and several small lounges through the main floor. The hotel restaurant had great food although quite busy in the morning and the hotel bar simply unbeatable, music and especially the cocktails high end! enjoyed them every night.
I would recommend this hotel because of the great and helpful staff and because it is close to the underground and walking distance not only from shopping areas but also from some great restaurants,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

I loved reading you review, thank you for writing about us.

It was a pleasure to have you with us, I am thrilled you had such a “wonderful” experience and particularly pleased that our staff and our service was a real highlight for you. We are incredibly passionate about delivering unparalleled levels of personalized service and your kind feedback serves as a wonderful motivator for us all.

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Fife
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Spent three nights at The Marylebone Hotel (Doyle Collection) Staff are very attentive with breakfast staff at pains to point out they have remembered your name. Breakfast is extensive to suit most palates and has a restaurant attached although we did not eat there. Rooms are small but being near central London one is never going to spend long in them apart from sleeping. Shower room and toilet area is bordering on being far too small and curtains have numerous thin areas that allows light through them. Beds are soft but comfortable and there is a turn down service in the evening Bizarrely our three nights had three different prices on the bill and the most and least were separated by nearly £100. Near Oxford Street and although no car parking in the maze of one-way streets surrounding does have 25% off local NCP.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you, your feedback is very important to us; we can only improve our service and facilities if we genuinely listen to our guests.

I am pleased that you were impressed with our staff and that that the personal nature of our service was a highlight, we want to ensure that every guest is cared for as an individual and feel welcome and at home. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your room and in particular your bathroom size. From a room perspective we have over 7 room categories which range from 19 to over 80 square meters in floor space and I am very confident we have a room that will tick both the space and value box for you. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the different options with you and also go through your room rates on your invoice so we can resolve any confusion. I would therefore be most appreciative if you would reach out to me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection,com. It is my genuine wish that we see you return and ultimately become a regular guest of the Marylebone and I hope you will give me the opportunity to do so.

I very much look forward to hearing from you and hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Marylebone.

Elgin, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Our kids gave us this trip to London, for my wife's birthday and I don't think they could've chosen a better hotel, for us to call home for 6 days. The staff, could not have been friendlier or more helpful. The moment we turned the corner, a young man ran across the street, grabbed our bags and escorted us to the front desk, I wish I had gotten his name. The stay was perfect and we wish we could have stayed, longer. We will be back and we will stay at the Marylebone.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a wonderful review, to hear you plan on returning to us is absolute music to my ears!

It was a pleasure to have you with us, particularly as you were celebrating your wife’s birthday and I am just thrilled you had such a great time with us.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back and hope to meet you when you return.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I do love this boutique hotel. It's very stylish, amenities are excellent. Our room (although rather small which I've realised is quite typical in London) is well organised, functional and comfortable. I enjoyed walking the streets, there are numerous restaurants and bars in the area. Location is excellent. Interesting enough, on our first day we had a tour to catch and only had 2 hours allotted to get to the hotel, check-in, and head out to our tour. Our trip from the airport (via tube), and check-in was efficient and hassle-free. We were so stoked to have ample time to get to our pre-booked tour! It also was an excellent hub for shopping! Close to Oxford St., one of my favourite shopping streets in London. We enjoyed our stay at the Marylebone Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to put pen to paper and writing so eloquently about your Marylebone experience.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, the décor and aesthetics is a very important part of who we are and we have a wonderful Design Team who works closely with our owners to create a chic and sophisticated feel throughout and yet retain the warmth of welcome we pride ourselves upon. The location is definitely a shopper’s paradise, not only with Oxford and Bond Street being so close (only 5 minutes) but also with Marylebone Village itself which feature a number of independent boutiques.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Been to The Marylebone Hotel? Share your experiences!