“The Marylebone Hotel, London - Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marylebone Hotel

You added The Marylebone Hotel to your Saves list
The Marylebone Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Welbeck Street, London W1G 8DN, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #65 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“The Marylebone Hotel, London - Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my mom during our visit to London first week of July. The location is excellent - just next to the Oxford street, next to the Bond Station. Around the corner there is a small grocery store (Essex) and all the popular coffee chains. The staff is great - so patient, friendly and happy to service you - makes you feel very welcomes. Especially noted was the excellent, professional and friendly attitude we received from the head concierge, Rahim, who was willing to provide us with detailed tourist information, recommendations and excellent tips. The gym is absolutely amazing!!! I did not expect to have such a great gym. It had excellent amenities and you can sign up for classes as well. The only comment I had was that we had to ask several times for shampoo and soap to be refilled when they were emptied and the room temperature was a bit tough to adjust, however these were all corrected when noted. We ordered a car ride to the airport on our last day and for some reason in the last minute discovered that there was no note of our reservation that we made with the front desk the night before... however the staff immediately corrected this too (they negotiated an appropriate rate with a cab and paid the difference so we arrived on time and paid the rate of the car service). So all in all excellent service, friendly environment and really great hotel. I highly recommend this for anyone coming for a visit to London!

Room Tip: Double check with the front desk that any requests/ special orders you made are noted and booked. I...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience, I am thrilled you enjoyed your time with us!

I am so happy to read that our team made you feel welcome and comfortable and that you thought everyone was friendly, helpful and above all happy to be of service. We have an incredibly passionate team of people who not only really care but also love being part of our guests’ experiences and it is very satisfying, not to mention motivating, when this is reflected in our guests’ comments. Rahim is a fantastic young man, superbly knowledgeable but even more importantly great with people; he will be over the moon when I share your very kind words so thank you!

The Third Space Spa and Health Club is indeed an amazing facility, stretching over 2 floors with saunas, work out studios, the latest in fitness technology and of course an 18 meter swimming pool it really has it all! So pleased you managed to enjoy the facilities on offer. Really sorry you had to ask for replenishment of in room amenities, this should be totally automatic and I appreciate you mentioning it to me, we can only improve if we listen and learn from our guests’ experiences.

It was a real pleasure to have you with us and I hope we will be seeing you soon. Please ask for me when you next arrive, it would be great if I could personally welcome you back to the Marylebone.

Warm regards

Frits Potgieter, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

As a regular visitor to the Marylebone Hotel I sometimes forget how wonderful it is until I stay somewhere else. Everyone is so professional and friendly. Nothing is ever too much hassle. I've see the staff taking responsibility for any problem a guest has and dealing with it themselves - not passing it onto someone else. Their attention to detail is excellent and if there is a problem, e.g. the pool was out of action for a couple of days, they make sure that you are informed by telling you about it at the reception desk and having a notice in your room. One cold winter day when I was checking out, they had complimentary 'coffee to go' for anyone who wanted it. I really can't recommend them highly enough!

Room Tip: I don't think I've ever stayed in the same room twice but some rooms have baths with Showers...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest

First of all thank you for your continued support, your loyal custom is incredibly important to me and we are simply thrilled that you have chosen us as your hotel of choice.

I am delighted you continue to enjoy our service and in particular the friendliness and helpfulness of our team. Your positive feedback means the world to us, particularly so as you are one of our regular guests and serves as a wonderful motivator for me and the team to not only maintain our service standards but to keep on improving. I hope you always feel totally at home here and if I can ever be of any help in any way please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

I hope to meet you when you return so please ask for me when you next arrive. Thank you again for making us your “home away from home” and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone very soon.

Warm regards

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My partner and I had the pleasure of staying in room 131 July 1-4 at the recommendation of our friend Gunther. From the second we arrived we were impressed with the superb service. The front desk attendant Alexa and concierge Alexandra were gracious and helped us with excellent tour and dinner recommendations.

We arrived to an impeccable room with high ceilings, stylish decor...and flawless bedding.

Breakfast was included with the room rate and it was amazing. I'm gluten intolerant so I was very happy to see they a delicious option for me: eggs Benedict on gluten free toast. So yummy!

The location is amazing just a few blocks from our favorite department store Selfridges.

Great gym too!

Thank you Gunther. The hotel was the best part of our stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Wow, an amazing review! Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback.

I am absolutely thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly pleased that our team and our service really seemed to have stood out for you. Both Alexa and Alix on Concierge are 2 of our outstanding employee’s, forming part of a wonderful team who are incredibly passionate about service delivery. They will be thrilled when I share your superb feedback, thank you!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope we will be able to welcome you back very soon to what I hope will become your new London home.

Best wishes

Newport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel regularly for three years. It is always a wonderful experience. The staff really do care about their guests, whether its the staff at the front door, the concierge staff, the staff in the dining room and the room service staff. Everyone is very attentive, friendly and interested in you as an individual. I cannot recommend this hotel and its wonderful staff enough. Try it for business or pleasure - you won't be disappointed.

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience. I am incredibly grateful for your continued support over the last three years and very happy that you continue to enjoy your stay at the Marylebone.
We have always believed that our service, and therefore our people, is key to creating long term relationships with our guests and your wonderful comments will serve as a fantastic motivator for us all.

Thank you again for writing about us, for recommending us to others and most off all for your continued support. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I honestly can't recommend this hotel enough ... I e-mailed Frits ahead of my arrival to the hotel just ask a few questions and explain why we where staying at the hotel .. (Sort of honeymoon) we arrived to very friendly and help staff who couldn't do more to help us .. We had been upgraded to a better room than booked , room covered in rose petals chilled bottles of champagne and lovely card congratulating us . We visited the spa the next day where we found the most lovely staff ever , super helped advised of places to go things to do as we had nothing booked . Spa treatments where brilliant . Location of the hotel is perfect , close to everything u need ! On our last night we had hot milk and lovely chocolate lollies left for us , loads of personal touches which were so lovely. Staff at reception helped whenever we asked with directions etc . Overall this hotel is a 5 star hotel in our eyes . Can't wait to come back and bring out children ! Thanks for an amazing stay !

• Stayed July 2013
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind words, it was a pleasure to plan your stay with you and I am just delighted you had such a great experience.

Our team (me included!) love being part of our guest experiences and the tiny noticeable touches is simply a reflection of our enthusiasm and passion. I am so pleased that you plan on returning to us and do let me know if I can personally assist in any way for your next break.

Thank you for choosing the Marylebone and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Loved this hotel! Well-appointed, friendly, professional and efficient service and an AMAZING head concierge Rahim! He is a consummate professional, attends to his guests, remembers them and makes things happen for them! He found me 3 nearly impossible-to-find West End show tickets in minutes! He's amazing! The hotel also has an exemplary bell staff team. My superstars were: Armel, who went far beyond the call of duty to assist me. He was helpful, patient and attentive; Emmanuel and Rafael. Front desk agent Babu was also amazing and attentive; my wonderful stay started with his courtesy and professionalism. This hotel is a gem, but with superstars like Rahim, Armel, Emmanuel, Rafael and Babu, they make it nearly impossible to choose to stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: My only tip is: some of the rooms are incredibly compact but still well appointed. If you want more...
Dear Guest

I am thrilled to read you “loved” our hotel. We could ask for no better report from our guests and I am simply delighted that you had such a great time with us.

I wholeheartedly agree with your comment regarding Rahim and his brilliant team, they are such a passionate bunch and genuinely care about each and every one of our guests. Armel, Emmanuel, Rafael and Bablu will be over the moon when I share your fantastic review, thank you so much! We firmly believe that offering a bespoke, personalized service through people with a genuine passion and caring nature will allow us to build trust and long term relationships with all our guests. Your feedback is a clear testament that our philosophy and drive to achieve this goal is indeed the right approach and serves as a great motivator for me and our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone and hope to meet you in person when you return.

uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Chosen for its location close to Hyde Park, but also Oxford street, Leicester Square and Covent Garden are within walking distance (up to 30 min). Delighted that on arrival at about 11 am we were allowed an early check in as there was one one room available. Fanny, who was at reception, was ever so pleasant and accomodating. Room wasn't huge, but felt very comfortable, very quiet as well. Leisure club has excellent facilities. Staff generally appeared very friendly and helpful. I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to anybody

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read you were pleasantly surprised by your recent stay with us and very appreciative that you would have no hesitation in recommending us to others.

Thank you for commenting so positively on the friendliness and helpfulness of our employee’s and in particular for highlighting Fanny, who is one of our absolute stars. She will be thrilled when I share your kind words.

It was a wonderful pleasure to have you with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Manager, The Marylebone Hotel

Been to The Marylebone Hotel? Share your experiences!