“Good hotel close to all.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Marylebone Hotel

You added The Marylebone Hotel to your Saves list
The Marylebone Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Welbeck Street, London W1G 8DN, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #64 of 1,065 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel close to all.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

A very posh hotel, the sort where your feet sink into the carpet.

Rooms are a good size for a London hotel and spotlessly clean with iron, trouser press minibar plus a Krups coffee machine, great room coffee for a change.

Hotel is very formal and staff are helpful enough but rather in a robot fashion.

We drank in the bar which has a great buzz atmosphere, not particularly cheap but you are in a hotel bar. You get some great characters turn up in the evening.

Check in/out very smooth. location just off of Oxford Street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, it is very important for our learning and therefore crucial as we aim to continually improve our service and facilities.

Whilst I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay I obviously take on board your comments regarding the formality of our service, we always want to be professional but never want to come across as robotic in any way. Generally we get brilliant feedback about our team but I recognize and appreciate that there will always be room for improvement and I want to assure you that I take your comments very seriously.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about us and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very well situated for shopping and eating out!

Already at check-in the staff were wonderful. We arrived early from Stockholm and they had a room waiting for us. And after warm towels and complementary bottles of spring water we went to the room. The room was a superior with a queen sized bed and it was absolutely wonderful. The furnishings stylish and smart. The bathroom prepped with aroma therapy products, bath robes and slippers. The staff turned down the bed each evening and supplied us with complementary bottles of Welsh spring water.

Overall the hotel was really very stylish, with little sit down areas here and there. And as a guest you have complementary access to the gym and the pool which we, unfortunately did not have time to try out.

We dined in at the hotels restaurant (108) one evening and the food, although a bit on the pricey side, was worth every pound. The staff, again, very tentative, looking after us exceedingly well. The bar section where we had pre-dinner cocktails was a bit loud with the DJ playing House.

My fiancé and I would happily go back to this hotel again.

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us for your weekend break and I am very pleased you enjoyed your Marylebone experience!

I am delighted you enjoyed all the little tiny noticeable touches such as the warm towels on arrival and the complimentary water, we believe that these small gestures combined with a genuine, warm and personalized service will make our guests feel truly welcome and hopefully have them returning to the Marylebone again and again.

Happy to read you enjoyed the style and décor of not only your room but also the hotel in general. Our Design Team really cares and is passionate about making every aspect of our rooms and public spaces not only effortlessly luxurious but also aesthetically beautiful. Thank you for your very kind comments.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and we hope to see you soon for your next London break.

Amersham Bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Having seen that the rooms varied in size, we phoned ahead to request a quiet room and as nice a room as possible within the standard range. We weren't disappointed. Not huge, but this is london. I'd say the room was about 20 square metres. Spotlessly clean, comfy beds, nicely furnished and very quiet. Considering that this is walking distance to Oxford street, that's quite a feat. We were going to a late night concert at Wigmore Hall, a five minute walk away, as are the trendy shops and cafes of Marylebone HighStreet. For this part of town, the location is unbeatable. We enjoyed cocktails in the hotel's fantastic bar, one of the best mojitos I've had and a great atmosphere. Staff are spot on, helpful without being intrusive. It's true the bathrooms are small, at least ours was, and two large guests would struggle to be in there together. But I'd rather have small and spotless than large and mouldy. We loved it. There are so many grotty places to stay in London, this is worth paying a bit extra.

Room Tip: Ring the very helpful staff before hand if you a feel strongly about something you need. Room 347 wa...
Dear Guest

A beautifully written review, “trendy tranquility in the heart of town” is an amazing and very apt description of what we aim to achieve, thank you!

We are blessed to be situated in the very quant Marylebone Village, which is not only a very unique and not to mention quiet part of Town but also happens to be within 5 minutes walking distance to Oxford and Bond Street, the best of both worlds without a doubt. I really appreciated your comment regarding our team being “spot on”, every one of our staff members genuinely care and we always want this passion and professionalism to shine through in every guest encounter.

It was a wonderful pleasure to have you with us and please feel free to contact me personally for assistance with your next visit. I look forward to welcoming you back!

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here on May during Champions League for 3 nights accompanying husband. Quite a tiny room, no view, but the bed was super comfortable. I was expecting a bath tub instead of shower. Superb locations, easy to get around Oxford St. and other places. The staffs are nice and friendly. The hotel is modern and stylish. Overall I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay, thank you for choosing the Marylebone!

It was a pleasure to read you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, we know how important it is to make our guests feel truly welcome and cared for and I am blessed to have a wonderful team of true professionals that want to go the extra mile for every guest they encounter. I note your comment about your room size and know that with 7 room categories, some as spacious as 80 square meters, we do have a perfect room for you from a budget and space perspective. Perhaps we can arrange to connect before the next big match!

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back and please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any assistance with reservations.

Basildon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have just come back from a night at this hotel. I was very disappointed with the size of the room and bathroom, a larger person would have had a great deal of trouble getting into the bathroom and shower. We were opposite the lift which was quite noisy in the morning.Size of the room aside, it was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable. I booked a package that included a credit for £10 to spend on food or drink, but this was not shown on my end bill, I had to queue at a busy reception to get the bill rectified, while there I mentioned how small the room was for a superior room and the receptionist told me to put in a request for a room on a different level if I booked again as these were bigger. I do wonder why I was not just put in one of those in the first place.
I would stay at this hotel again, the location is great, it's very very clean, and the breakfast, bar and service was very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest

I am very thankful for your feedback; we take your comments incredibly seriously and see it as essential for our learning and improvement processes.

Whilst I am pleased that you enjoyed our service, location and the general cleanliness and up keep of our accommodations, I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your room size. The layouts of our rooms do vary as do the space in the different room categories. Whilst our entry level room category is more geared towards short stay, single occupancy travelers we do have over 7 different room categories available, which range from 19 to over 80 square meters and several different sizes in between. I am very pleased that you would return to the Marylebone and would welcome the opportunity to discuss all the different options with you in person, prior to your next visit. I would therefore be grateful if you would contract me on frits_potgieter@doylecollection.com when you have dates in mind.

I hope to hear from you soon and look forward to welcoming you back.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and was really impressed by the hotel. It has got a new-age kind of a feel to it and the staff is very courteous. Located at stone's throw from Oxford Street, Bond Street this hotel would be perfect for people looking for a nice blend of business and leisure.

I was there on a leisure trip. The rooms are decent in size and they have decent sized bathrooms also. All the necessary amenities which you would need during a business trip is available for you, or you can call the hotel staff and they'll arrange it for you. They have a really cool automated mini bar which automatically calculates if you have consumed anything from the mini bar, this really adds to the whole feel of the hotel being new age and tech savvy.

The have a really lavish breakfast spread and the food quality is top notch. I didnt have time to visit the hotel pub but it looked pretty nice from outside. Maybe i'll give it a try next time.

All in all, a very satisfying stay at the hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about your Marylebone experience.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests and it serves as a wonderful motivator for our team. Our Design Team will be delighted when I share your comments, the contemporary styling and attention to detail you noted is very much down to their passion and they continue to add new and exciting touches to our guest spaces.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

East London, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with wife for 5 nights. What a breath of fresh air. Rooms while average in size are un cluttered and well appointed.
Location is just great for a mix of business, shopping and holiday. But the real highlight is the staff. Take a bow. What outstanding service. Awesome and really makes a stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your brilliant review, thank you for telling others about your experience.

It is always incredibly motivating when our guests comment so positively on our employee’s; we firmly believe it is absolutely all about service and your comments very much echo’s this philosophy.

Thank you for choosing us, I hope we will now be your new “home away from home” when in London and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Deputy General Manager

Been to The Marylebone Hotel? Share your experiences!