“Great Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Marylebone Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Marylebone Hotel to your Saves list
The Marylebone Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Welbeck Street, London W1G 8DN, England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #51 of 1,075 hotels in London
Hungerford, United Kingdom
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Why aren't all hotels like this one - stayed for two nights on my own for family event - from the moment I arrived service was amazing. Although the hotel is large it feels like a boutique hotel - the staff really want you to enjoy your stay - a big thank you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your review, I am genuinely delighted that you thought our service was “great” and moreover that our team was engaging and actively participated in making your stay special. We are incredibly focused on recruiting, training and developing people who genuinely care for others and are totally service minded and it therefore very satisfying when our guests respond so positively.

Thank you for your kind review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone very soon.

1,573 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Arabic first
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

amazing and caring service. a top hotel in a great area and easy access to Oxford Street.
Great quality in all aspects at all times made me feel home! I will definitely return to this hotel at my next trip and can only recommend it to any business or leisure traveller in London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Amazing review! I am thrilled to read that you thought your stay was “absolutely fantastic” and I simply love your comment about the caring nature of our team. We are blessed to have a highly motivated team of employee’s who genuinely care and simply love looking after our guests and it is always wonderfully motivating when we receive such positive feedback.

Thank you for staying with us, for your great review and we cannot wait to have you return to the Marylebone!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have had two great visits to this bar at The Marylebone Hotel. The bar and restaurant is called One08. Fantastic venue for meeting for a drink. My friends loved the atmosphere and decor. The cocktails are wonderful. Do try the Napoleon Blazer which is a delight.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to read that you have now enjoyed 2 great visits to our bar, 108. It is our aim to offer the very best personal service, coupled of course with a fantastic and very interesting range of cocktails prepared by our enthusiastic bar team. I will be sure to pass on your remarks about the Napoleon Blazer which incidentally is also one of my personal favorites!

manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I just stayed 2 nights here with a couple of friends and we had the best time. The outside of the building isn't great as you approach along Welbeck Street but as soon as you step inside, that doesn't matter in the slightest. The foyer is contemporary smart and there are lots of comfy areas to sit and relax, watching the world go by, the bar is great and stays open until 0130 am weekends, breakfast is lovely and - for anyone with the energy - the gym is really big and well equipped; the swimming pool is nice too. The room was perfect, with lovely touches like a smart black brolly (which we needed!). The one thing I was a bit disappointed about was the size of the shower room, which was absolutely tiny - I also specifically call it a shower room as there was no bath! But a really wonderful stay overall and we will all most certainly be going back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bath!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about us following your recent stay at the Marylebone. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your time with us and had a “wonderful overall stay”.

I note that you were not entirely satisfied with the bathroom in your room and would like to assure you that we have a number of different room configurations, which include a large number of rooms with bath/shower combinations and also Suites which not only have a bath but also feature a full walk in shower. It would be my pleasure to talk you thought all the options for your next stay so please do not hesitate to contact me personally. Our design team will be thrilled to read your positive comments on the design and ambience of our public spaces. A lot of thought and energy went into the creation of these areas which we wanted to reflect our contemporary nature but also remain luxurious, welcoming and warm.

I am so pleased that you plan on returning and hope to welcome you and your husband back to the Marylebone very soon.

Manchester,UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Excellent,helpful kind staff. Hotel spotlessly clean and cared for.well appointed rooms. A delight all around,quiet and tasteful furnishings. The staff could not do enough,could not believe I was in London!

Room Tip: Top 2 floors on back of hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to read that you thought your recent stay was simply “perfect”.

It is always incredibly motivating to hear our guests comment positively on their experiences and I know our team will be over the moon to hear that you thought they were excellent, helpful and moreover went the extra mile to make your stay special. Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review.

I hope to welcome you back to the Marylebone very soon.

manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

we stayed in this hotel for a weekend after getting married. upon arrival we were upgraded to a better room. it was amazing. there is a swimming pool, gym on site etc. the breakfast here is so good, with loads of fresh fruit, and pretty much everything you could want at breakfast time.
the room we had was spacious and well equipped, with safe, slippers, bathrobes, umbrella etc. the staff are so helpful and warm, they even give you two bottles of mineral water each night. we couldn't fault this place at all.
the location is very close to oxford circus tube, so is well placed for the west end, oxford street shopping, restaurants, etc

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about your recent experience at the Marylebone. First off all many congratulations again, I am delighted you choose us as part of such a special celebration.

To know that you rated us as the best hotel you stayed at, ever, means a great deal to us and I cannot wait to share your brilliant comments with our team. Whilst it is always great to hear when our guests comment positively on the hotel amenities, rooms and of course the brilliant location, the standout moment for us will always be when our employee’s and the warmth of our service are mentioned. We strongly believe that to deliver exceptional guest experiences we have to exceed your expectations through genuine hospitably and this can only be achieved through our people. Thank you again for your feedback.

I hope we will be welcoming you back for your first anniversary, if not sooner!

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I checked in here for 1 night from yesterday. At check-in they have at least now got more cultures represented than the (exclusively) eastern europeans they had a while ago, (who were almost all very rude). Now we have some Indians and Pakistanis as well, much better vibe and attitude!

The hotel foyer looks good and has a great new gym and pool, as well as free wifi. Maybe I was just unlucky with my room allocation, room 148. It was near service elevators and a service area, one could hear the staff the whole night.

There are also no coffee-making facilities in the room, which is VERY small.

• Stayed November 2012
frits_potgieter, Manager at The Marylebone Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about your recent experience at the Marylebone.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay and that you thought the overall vibe and staff attitude have improved. It is of course important that we reflect the wonderful kaleidoscope of cultures that flourish so successfully in London and I am pleased you thought this was indeed the case. You will be pleased to know that we are in the process of adding additional Nespresso machines so that all our rooms have them early next year, currently we have them in about 90% of our bedroom categories.

In terms of room size we have a number of room categories, I note that you stayed in our entry level room which although perfectly suitable for short stays may not be the best option if you were looking for additional space. Please let me know prior to you next visit so we can discuss the different options available, I am confidant we can find a room that will suit you to the tee.

Thank you again for your comments, which I take very seriously and constructively and I hope to welcome you back to the Marylebone very soon.

Deputy General Manager

Been to The Marylebone Hotel? Share your experiences!