“A lovely stay in London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bloomsbury Park - A Thistle Associate Hotel

You added Bloomsbury Park - A Thistle Associate Hotel to your Saves list
Bloomsbury Park - A Thistle Associate Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   126 Southampton Row, London WC1B 5AD, England (Bloomsbury)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book HERE - save 15%
Ranked #399 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brentwood, Tennessee
“A lovely stay in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was in London on business and this was the hotel that was reserved for me. The location was excellent with lots of shops and restaurants nearby. The front desk staff was exceptionally pleasant and helpful. The building is old, but well-maintained and very charming - perfect for a European experience.

I was given the choice of a quiet room in the back of the hotel or a room facing the street. I chose the street view and could not have asked for a quieter stay. The twin room was in the perfect location - a corner room on the second floor, so I only used the tiny lift to move my suitcase. Otherwise I always used the stairs near my room.

The room was nicely appointed and very comfortable. The selection of teas and coffees was good and the little cookies were a nice touch. The bathroom was small, but perfectly fine for a single traveller. My only issue was that I never figured out how to use the shower without flooding the bathroom floor.

The breakfast buffet was very nice with many selections of hot food, cereals, pastries, fruits, etc. I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
OpsBloomsburyPark, Manager at Bloomsbury Park - A Thistle Associate Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Reviewer, Thank you for taking the time to review Bloomsbury Park, A Thistle Associate Hotel. The team and I are thrilled to read that you had such a fantastic stay with us and would recommend us so readily. We hope to see you return in the near future,
Kind regards,
Rob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is in the heart of London yet my room was incredibly quiet, absolutely no traffic noise which for London is excellent. The staff were so helpful and polite. I had room service and the food was tasty and hot (not always the case when having room service). All in all I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would recommend it as a very good place to stay within reasonable walking distance of Euston station and handy for Covent Garden and other great places to visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
OpsBloomsburyPark, Manager at Bloomsbury Park - A Thistle Associate Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Reviewer, The team and I are thrilled to read that your stay with us at Bloomsbury Park was such a good one. We take every effort to ensure the highest levels of hospitality are offered and we are delighted that you experienced exactly that. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We arrived to check in very impressed with location but to our disappointment the double room we had booked was not available and we had to accept a twin room. The room was on the 4th floor tucked away at the end of the corridor, immaculate but small, no bath only a shower. It was only for 1 night so not much of a problem but we were disappointed as we had booked well in advance. Very friendly staff and the location is great just a shame about the room mix up.

• Stayed March 2013
OpsBloomsburyPark, Manager at Bloomsbury Park - A Thistle Associate Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear reviewer, Thank you for leaving us feedback after your stay. I was delighted to read that your stay was a positive one overall. I apologise that there was some confusion regarding your room on arrival but am pleased to read that the team looked after you so well. I hope that you will return to us in the future; please contact the hotel directly ahead of your stay if you do so we can ensure there are no 'hiccups' that would deter from our usual exceptional guest service.
Kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Despite the sub-zero temperatures and arctic winds outside, my room at this central London hotel was warm and comfortable.
Very helpful, friendly and welcoming staff and an excellent breakfast. Free wi-fi too. The beautiful stained glass windows on the staircases are a fine feature of this handsome building. Recommended.

Stayed March 2013
OpsBloomsburyPark, Manager at Bloomsbury Park - A Thistle Associate Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Ian,
Thank you for taking the time to review Bloomsbury Park after your recent stay with us. The team and I are thrilled that you had such a positive stay and would recommend us so highly. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is ideally located for the Neurology Hospital, but is nothing special. The staff are very polite and helpful, and whilst the room was clean and had what was required it was very clostrophobic. Expensive standard room.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Gvann14, Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay with us. Whilst I am delighted that you found the team so hospitable I was disappointed to read that we did not meet all of your expectations on this occasion. I hope you will not be put off from returning to us in the future; we have a wide selection of rooms and I am sure we can exceed your expectation in the future. Kind regards, Rob
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in this hotel and found it excellent. The staff are very polite and friendly. The room was very clean and well appointed with a nice bathroom. We ate in the restaurant and the food was lovely - a little odd being the only ones in there but we were looked after well : ) The location of the hotel is really good, easy walking to the station and places like Covent Garden and the theatre for War Horse. I would highly recommend and will stay again when we return to London in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GTHotels, General Manager at Bloomsbury Park - A Thistle Associate Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Barbara,
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback after your recent stay with us. The team and I are delighted that you had such a good stay with and would recommend us so highly. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future,
Glenn
East Sussex, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed one night on business having booked a week in advance getting a good rate using Booking.com. Excellent location on Southampton Row. Friendly and efficient reception, small but very adequate twin room with en suite shower room (with no shelf space) and pleasant restaurant. Many and varied eating options nearby (including the hotel dining room). After a comfortable night's sleep I enjoyed a very good buffet breakfast for £10 in the hotel restaurant. Overall a very satisfactory stay, and if you can secure a sub-£100 rate it is very good value for its Central London location.

• Stayed March 2013
GTHotels, General Manager at Bloomsbury Park - A Thistle Associate Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear MKRC,
Thanks indeed for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Bloomsbury Park. The team were delighted to learn that you were able to enjoy everything from our great location to the full English breakfast. We really hope that you will look to stay with us again in future, and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Best Regards
Glenn

Been to Bloomsbury Park - A Thistle Associate Hotel? Share your experiences!