After spending two nights in a pretty poor hotel in London, taking the last two nights in this one was exactly the right choice. The Thistle Bloomsbury is a place that belies its price. It is not expensive for a London hotel, and while its location isn't really central to much at all, it sits very close to tube stops to ensure it can still work well as a base to explore from.
The rooms are not huge, but well equipped and comfortable, and certainly very clean. Breakfast is good, the staff are attentive and courteous and free wifi is always welcome.
My only minor gripe comes from having four different service staff all enter my room in the middle of the day, AFTER it had already been cleaned, in the space of about twenty minutes. One intrusion is understandable, but frequent invasions start to grate.
Otherwise a good stay and a hotel worth recommending.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thistle Bloomsbury Park is the perfect base from which to explore this vibrant area of Central London, Within walking distance of The British Museum, Covent Garden and West End Theatres. Several famous formal squares and gardens are on our doorstep, with great transport links provided by Russell Square or Holborn Tube stations. Bloomsbury Park makes it home in a beautiful Edwardian building, and our comfortable rooms and friendly service will ensure a great stay in London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bloomsbury Park - A Thistle Associate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle Bloomsbury Park London
- Bloomsbury Park - A Thistle Associate Hotel London, England