“An adventure!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Belvedere

You added The Belvedere to your Saves list
The Belvedere
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   52-54 Norfolk Square, London W2 1RT, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #656 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Kelowna, Canada
“An adventure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My room at Belvedere still makes me laugh! I booked online and after booking, I received an email from the Hotel welcoming me etc (that’s always nice)! I emailed back and asked if I could have a room closest to the main level because it was the very end of a 5-week Europe trip and my luggage was ridiculously heavy to load up and down without an elevator. He offered to either hold my luggage on the main floor or put me one floor below. So…there is a basement level to this hotel which is very unique! I love staying in places that are crazy different…as long as its clean, I don’t care! He warned me that I’d be able to hear the Tube because the hotel is right next to the line. I told him I had earplugs so it didn’t matter. And omg! He put me in the basement - my luggage made it down about 15 stairs – and I laughed out loud. The room was tiny, not a tiny as NYC, but it was tiny. If my luggage was on the floor, then my feet had to be on the bed. It was clean and that’s all I cared about. People, if you are in London and are in your room more than just sleeping then you’re doing something wrong! After a few minutes, I heard the train go by. Maybe he built it up in my head but I didn’t think it was that bad. The train stops running at 2am and I had ear plugs so I honestly slept the whole night no problem. The next morning, the same guy at the desk asked how I slept and I said “great, 9 hours!”. His response “seriously??” So if you’re going to be a picky and complainy person, find another place. This is for the people that love to have an adventure!

Room Tip: The basement is a risk...but a fun experience
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Turkish first
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel was a pleasure to stay in. very central London, In a very nice part of Paddington. Loads of shops bars restaurants all with in seconds of the hotel. I got a lovely single room with ensuite including breakfast which was a cooked breakfast. The hotel was spotless clean & staff very helpful. I would certainly return to this hotel. To get the quality I got from this hotel in London I would have expected to pay double what I paid. so well done Belvedere for keeping your prices down but your quality high. A diamond in the rough.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
senica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

for everyone who wants to be close to centre is The Belvedere right choice. My room number 27 (single) has own bathroom, room was very clean, everyday clear towels, absolutely satisfied. Very friendly staff. Very good english breakfast - very friendly kitchen staff.
I recommend this hotel

Room Tip: 27 - single
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My mum and I stayed for 2 nights, twin room for £89.50/night which we both thought was great value, room was very clean, fresh towels that were replaced on the 2nd day, the room was nice and warm, good Tv, hairdryer etc. Breakfast was good, full english with toast, cereal, OJ, tea, coffee, great service from the staff who couldn't help enough to make the stay as pleasant as possible. If you arrive early you can leave your bags in the reception until the room is ready and likewise on your departure day they let you leave your bags after checkout and you can collect them later. Would recommend to anyone and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
bristol uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed for 1 night and found this hotel very convenient. it is 5minutes from Paddington station. Our room was clean with towels and soap. Good quality tv and ample breakfast. There are lots of restaurants very near including
Burger King and McDonalds Would stay here again.

Room Tip: being so close to the station it is obvious you will get some train/underground noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Having read Tripadvisor reports I booked this hotel for my two night business trip to London. All I can say is that who ever wrote the reviews must have booked into a different hotel. For £70 a night I was very disappointed. I was on the 4th floor with no lift and laundry bags left on the stair case. The bathoom was tiny, the bed was uncomfortable, could hear conversations and TV in room either side of me, no hot water for shower during the afternoon. The breakfast was OK but the full English consisted of only a piece of bacon, one egg, one cheap hotdog sausage, cheap baked beans and toast. I appreciate this is a budget hotel but really not £140 well spent.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

This was my second time at the Belvedere and for location and value for money I just don't think it can be beaten. My room was slightly smaller than my first stay but I would still definitely go back again.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to The Belvedere? Share your experiences!