“Never again!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Queens Park Hotel

You added Queens Park Hotel to your Saves list
Queens Park Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   48 Queensborough Terrace | Bayswater, London W2 3SJ, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #754 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Reading, England, United Kingdom
“Never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

If you would like to sleep at night forget about this hotel. I have been kept awake by banging doors and the terrible, loud noises coming from the heating. I had to call the reception at 2 a. m. and ask them to do something since my heater seemed to explode for all the noise it was making. They solved my problem BUT since the walls are paper thin I could hear the same noises coming from the other rooms.

Absolutely avoid this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Greek first
Kolbotn, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 6 Nights. Never again. Very small room for 2 persons. Only Place to sit was in the bed. TV high up on the wall gave pain in your neck when watching. We had to put the suitcases under the bed in order to have Space on the floor. We did not feel welcome. Very noisy breakfast room. The staff there did a brilliant job to keep it running. Unfriendly person in the reception. Bayswater is a great location, but forget the hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I've been in this hotel this week, the second day somebody stolen 400£ by my handbag that was in the room. When i reported this to the manager he didin't help me, he didin't call the police and he didn't start a proper investigation. I had to go to the police station to report the rubbery, a police man came to collepte evidences but they had cleaned the room and he couldn't take the digit prints in the room, he said that probably a member of the staff stole the money and he talked wirh the guy in charge in that moment, who haven't been helpful with him! The day after i spoke to the manager and i ask for a refound, but he blamed me because i left my money in the bag...it is simply unaccettable. He, and mostley of his staff had been really rude with me, he called me lier. Ps after my money had been stolen my boyfrend came to help me and he came several times up to my room and nobody asked him for an I.D. even if nobody saw him before. When i checked out the manager wasn't in the hotel even if we obvsiuly had to speak about this. Manager's name: Amol Patil. Crime report n 6504286/13. If anybody else had a similar problem please report it to tue police, it would take just a few of minutes, but it would help me to have my money back.
Marzia de Vincenzo

• Stayed January 2013
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Do not stay in this hotel, we had two rooms both with no hot water, very noisy door banging constantly, , bathrooms smelt of drains.

When complained about the hot water staff initially told us to run the tap for 20 minutes, after 20 minutes of running the tap we complained again this time the guy told us that he had checked the boiler and hot water would be through in a few minutes, after a few minutes complained again and was told that the boiler had been relit, asked if we could have an alternative room to wash a shower in they told us they would phone us in our room, after 30 minutes we gave up and checked out.

Bed moved across laminate floor, and only one pillow.

The staff were very aloof and blasé about the whole thing not interested in delivering any customer service, definitely will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms are noisy
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We have visited London in January 2013, and stayed in this hotel for six nights. Everything was absolutely awful.
Room: Too small for even one person, had tiny little window just below the ceiling and overall looks more like a tomb not a room in the hotel. Well at least now I can imagine what Anna Boleyn was feeling right before the execution.
Bathroom: has no ventilation whatsoever, so after two people had shower, bathroom looked like a Turkish hamam for very long hours. But most noticeable thing about this room is the bed, especially matrase. If you have troubled back this bed will be your night mare for the period of stay. You will feel every spring of the matrase during your night rest. Whoever put this matrase in this hotel's bed should be executed same way as Thomas More.
Breakfast is included: terrible food, every morning is the same choice of scrambled eggs godknowswhatmadeof sausage, and some other stuff. The only thing you can eat are the toasts with jam or honey. If you want a coffee you would have to wait 10-15 minutes for the cup every single morning no matter on what time you are having a breakfast. I still couldn't understand how that cups could be less in numbers than saucers for them?
And the last thing, this hotel looks more like a hostel with a lot of yangsters who were screaming and partying almost every night. My complains with the receptionist about this misfortune didn't have any effect whatsoever on what was going on. The only great thing about this hotel is location. But this is about it. Well next time I think we would have to consider something more creative.
But if you like the location you might try the box from the fridge in the center of Hyde park or even opposite of Kensington palace, same comfort but at least is free.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

my husband and I stayed here for the weekend in August 2012. It was a great location for the places we wanted to visit and there were plenty of shops nearby for our needs. The lift in the hotel was quite small and the room was basic with just a double bed squashed up against a wall and a small wardrobe. There was a cramped bathroom with a shower and toilet but it served its purpose. The breakfast was quite good, cold meats, bread, cereal, juice,teas and coffees. There was a cooked breakfast, but not what you usually get on a full english. Overall for the price we paid this was a good hotel to stay in. It was clean and ideally situated and we would definitely go back.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor i think, near the top and our view outside was of the hostel opposite,not g...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Redcar, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Please dont be put off by some of the snobby reviews on here, I could find faults if i wanted but igot much more than i paid for. If you need a good base camp for a shopping/theatre break like we did the Queens Park Hotel is perfect location with staff as friendly as you will find in London and a suprisingly good Continental\English breakfast.
Rooms are a little small but so what? Some people on here just love to whinge and whine about anything so please bear that in mind when reading the reviews.
My Wife is a fussy so and so and she was well pleased as was I, Thank You Queens Park we will definitely be back ASAP.... Mark S.

Room Tip: Room 301 was fine for us...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Queens Park Hotel? Share your experiences!