“Good overnight accommodation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Delmere Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Delmere Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Delmere Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Sussex Gardens, London W2 1UB, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #543 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Truro, United Kingdom
“Good overnight accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Pleasant and well-trained staff. Comfortable although very small room but good value for money on an overnight business trip to London. Good decor. Did not eat at the hotel but would have done if time had allowed.

Room Tip: Basement rooms are adequate but small
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Leeds
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed here last night....never again.
Very convenient for work, hence the reason I chose it. The room (101) was tiny, with a single bed, the whole area of the room being the length of the single bed. The "bathroom" barely left space to step out of the shower. The window rattled all night, allowing the wind through and the noise of the road outside kept me awake most of the night. Had I booked for two nights, I would not be staying there tonight. I am glad i had places to go last night, and didn't have to spend an evening in this room. The reception staff didn't ask how my stay was...possibly they knew not to ask ?

Room Tip: Try to avoid the front rooms. There is a busy main road outside.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I have found it difficult to review this hotel. I have read a number of the posted reviews. I mostly agree with them.

Very efficient check in. I had a double basement room via an open courtyard. That was a bit unexpected. The double room was well furnished and clean. There was a sage and plenty of storage space. The bed was comfortable. The bedding very clean and crisp.

The room was a bit dark and stuffy with only a small window overlooking the courtyard.

The bathroom was far too small for a double room. It was clean but past it's best. However the shower was very powerful and the water hot.

I did find the breakfast very disappointing ! A small dark room in the basement. Too many people at one time trying to get food. The quality of food was not great. The booking form suggested that the breakfast would be a lot better. The ham was poor quality. I found it very difficult to peel a boiled egg which had come straight from a fridge . However the coffee was good and plentiful. My employers ( a govt department) paid so I do not know the cost of the breakfast. I expect it was too much!

I would stay again but would make alternative eating arrangements.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Just left this hotel this morning and had a fabulous time. Room was bigger than expected after reading reviews, clean, comfy and a pleasant stay. We had a basement room which was fine as it still had a window and very handy for breakfast.

If I can get a similar deal again for this hotel, then I will be back :)

• Stayed March 2013
DelmereLondon, Owner at BEST WESTERN Delmere Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear AnneWilson1986
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor, we appreciate honest guest feedback and always take note of any comments made. We continually strive to meet guests expectation and by reading your review you clearly enjoyed your stay in one of our bedrooms on the lower ground. I must admit I was surprised to read a previous guest comments that these rooms did not appear to have windows, they all do! In fact these are some of our most spacious in compensation for being on the lower ground, indeed many guest request these for that very reason! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Excellent hotel in central London. True the room, and the hotel in general, was tiny but it was clean and perfectly set up. Minutes from Paddington Station and therefore all of central London. Our room was booked via laterooms.com and therefore one of the cheaper ones. Service was impeccable. Room was quiet and very clean. Well worth the price, no complaints. Cosy, cute and a great location.

• Stayed March 2013
DelmereLondon, Owner at BEST WESTERN Delmere Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear OliviaHolmes,
Thank you for your recent feedback and for sharing your experiences with myself and staff.
We always welcome guests comments and strive to meet their expectations.
We all look forward to welcoming on your next visit to London!
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Had a weekend break in london with my 10 year old daughter and stayed 2 nights in this hotel which was a pleasant stay. Arrived 3 hours earlier than check-in but the room was ready and available for us which was great. Had a twin room which was based in the courtyard of the hotel and wasn't sure what to expect! The room was very small but clean and cosy. Even though it was a twin room, it was more like a double as the beds were pushed together because the room was so small but we didn't mind that. Bathroom was tiny but the shower was powerful and water hot. The beds were comfy and we slept ok. The only thing that was slightly annoying was the tapping noise that seemed to come from the radiator sometimes! Creaking floorboards above us also woke me up in the night but it wasn't too much of a problem.
Hotel very close to Paddington station and literally a 5 minute walk away so extremely handy for getting around central London. Hotel staff really friendly and can't do enough for you and the free wifi in the room is an added bonus!
Breakfast was ok, fruit,croissants,toast etc. The hotel has lots of takeaways and convenience shops close by which can come in handy!
Would recommend this hotel as it is clean,has friendly staff and is central to everywhere in London. Plus if you can get a cheap deal like I did that's even better!
Don't hesitate, just book it!
P.S...I'm a fussy person so if I say it's good, then it must be decent!!

Room Tip: Don't think I would of liked to stay in a basement room as they didn't seem to have a window...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dera Amf02
Thank you for your recent feedback, it was a pleasure to welcome you to London and at our Best Western, The Delmere Hotel. It is our goal to ensure guest satisfaction and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. We truly appreciate your comments and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I only stayed here for one night and had a late check-in. I also had an early start so didn't have a great deal of time to get to know this hotel. I had a courtyard double room, which would have been a bit squashed with two people in it, but it was warm, clean and comfortable. The shower was strong and the water good and hot. There was a constant noise in the room - from an air-conditioning unit, or a heater or something. Fortunately I had ear plugs, otherwise that would have driven me bonkers. I'm fairly certain that the TV wasn't working, but I didn't have time to watch it anyway, and I'm sure it would have been sorted quickly if I'd mentioned it to a member of staff. The man on the front desk very kindly let me have some breakfast at 6am and even offered to heat some croissants for me. Sadly, I didn't have time for those, but the gesture was very much appreciated. Very good service and very handy for Paddington station.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mrs VleP
We always welcome guests comments and strive to meet their expectations. I will personally check the television for correct operation. It is good to hear that our staff where helpful in serving an early breakfast.
Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you at the BEST WESTERN The Delmere Hotel on your next visit to London!

Been to BEST WESTERN Delmere Hotel? Share your experiences!