“Fantastic value for money and location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Delmere Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Delmere Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Delmere Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Sussex Gardens, London W2 1UB, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #534 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value for money and location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights from Friday to Monday and it was fantastic.

Excellent location a 5 minute walk from Paddington underground.

Hotel on the outside it very clean and appealing like the others linked to it.
Inside it is immaculate, very helpful reception staff who checked us in and shown to our room.

The room was Lower ground with a little en suit but as its a hotel room for a few nights there is nothing to complain about. The bed and other furniture was very clean and well laid out.

Breakfast was perfect, if anyone complains about this they are not living in the real world.

If this Hotel had a/c it would easy be a 4 star..!!

Negative I have of the hotel is the room was a little hot if the portable fan was not run.

Positive is I will definitely return on my next visit to London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The location was great, just a block from Paddington Station, but far enough away on Sussex Gardens for it to be charming. The neighborhood was wonderful for exploratory walks, good restaurants and cafes. The hotel staff were helpful & friendly, and made me feel very welcome. My room was small, but so well designed it really wasn't a problem for me. I love the closet for my clothes, the tea makings and the flat screen tv. The room was very clean and well designed, looking as if it had been newly refurbished. I loved staying there and would do so again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

A tourist should stay in central london and sussex gardens is an ideal location. The best western the hotel delmere is strongly recommended. I have stayed on three different visits. The rooms are cleaned daily although they are small. Basement rooms are much larger and front office staff cater to your every need. Strongly recommended for first time visitors to london

• Stayed November 2011
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Booked with booking.com an overnight stay with my 6 year old son. The only reason I selected this hotel was due to the fact it stated parking available on site, and that you did not need to pre book. I took this that it meant was adequate for hotel guests, so was vey disappointed to find on arrival they only had 2 spaces both of which taken!! I immediately requested a refund so I could move to a hotel that could offer this but this was refused by the lady in charge who just blamed Booking.com. I then had to park on the street as it was a sunday and move the car before 8am dragging my child through the streets of london, getting lost searching our way back to the hotel! I am utterly disappointed with both the hotel and booking.com over the handling of this and will NEVER use or recommend booking.com due to their level of service! I must say our room was very clean and comfortable but the stay was marred by this whole experience.

• Stayed September 2012
SussexLondon, Manager Assistant at BEST WESTERN Delmere Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Madame,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us.

As explained on Booking.com and in our website, we have 2 car park spaces in front of our hotel on a first come, first serve basis. Unfortunately we do not reserve them. Should a guest need the car park and ours wouldn't be available, our staff will be happy to direct you to the closest car park within a walking distance.

Best regards,

Yenny Souto
Manager Assistant
leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

stayed 3 nights found the hotel to be great value at discounted rate, clean, tidy, staff very pleasent, location is great, rooms are small as are most in London.Did not eat at the hotel as we were on room only basis, but plenty of places to eat around.Would definately book again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Salisbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Small room that had a damp smell. On arrival i wascchargedva different price to the one confirmed. I produced my confirmation and they still refused to do anything stating it was a mistake and there was nothing they could do. Staff were unhelpful as was the customer services line. Avoid at all costs!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel is small, but I liked that about it, because the staff acknowledge you and were all very friendly unlike some of the bigger hotels where you walk about unnoticed. The location is great only a short walk from Paddington Underground station and Paddington rail Station, also a good bus service to Kingscross Station from Paddington (bus no 205). My only complaint was the rooms did get very hot and yes we had a fan in the room but was too noisey to have on at night and because our room faced onto the road it was noisey to have the windows open at night. The breakfast was very nice and plenty of it.

Room Tip: If possible choose a room not facing the road