“Old world charm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Park Hotel

You added The Royal Park Hotel to your Saves list
The Royal Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Westbourne Terrace, Lancaster Gate, Hyde Park, London W2 3UL, England   |
Ranked #209 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Eureka.Ca
“Old world charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 nights in an executive king room. By European standards, this was a large, very comfortable room in a most convenient location, blocks from Hyde park and a short walk from either Paddington Station or Lancaster Square tube stops.We arrived much eatlier (10:00 am) than check in time and the staff graciously put a priority on our rooms and invited us to stay in the lobby for coffee while our room was being cleaned. We were in our rooms and off on our London adventures within the hour.
The staff was friendly and accomodating in every way. The West End neighborhood is charming and a wonderful walk through time. Have a meal at the Victioria Pub, great fish and chips, pear salad and their own brewery beer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Poughkeepsie, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

On a quiet street yet minutes from Paddington, the hotel is charming. The helpful, friendly and courteous staff was much appreciated by this new visitor to the UK. I ate my breakfasts at Paddington, which was fine, but I used room service on my last morning, so I could pack and eat at my leisure. Breakfast was expensive but wonderful.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

From upgrade on arrival to final departure, enjoyed staying here. Helpful, friendly staff, lovely rooms, good location, this place didn't disappoint.

Aside from lack of tea / coffee-making facilities in room (some kind of health and safety law prevents this, apparently), I can't think of anything bad to say.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

We chose this hotel because of its location near Paddington Station. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful, with great recommendations for restaurants in the area. The hotel was extremely quiet in spite of the fact that it was in a prime location. The furnishings and cleanliness of the 2 rooms we booked were great. We would definitely stay at the Royal Park if we travel to London in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dhahran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

I am currently staying at the hotel for 2 weeks after switching from Intercontinental Park lane, I wished I was here from the beginning, the hotel location, the rooms and service is superb.

The staff is helpful and nice, they help relocating me to different room as requested.
will defiantly recommend this hotel to others, and surely would return back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Wilmette IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

The location is good, near the tube and bus. Rooms are well furnished and the staff is helpful. The view from our room was of the back end of other buildings. There are restaurants and a pub nearby, and Paddington Station, with cheaper places to eat is close by. The hotel is expensive, but most in London are. We had a nice stay there are would consider staying there again.

• Stayed July 2010
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

My husband and I are avid travelers spending about 3 months of the year finding adventure around the world. London is one of our very favorite and frequented spots, and on this trip abroad, we discovered a gem in the Royal Park Hotel! I will say with confidence that the extraordinary experience that we were given by our warm and wonderful hosts at the Royal Park Hotel, truly made our trip to London! We first arrived late in the evening on May 12 and were graciously welcomed by the amazing hotel staff. I must note that if one takes the Heathrow Express train to Paddington, the hotel is a easy five minute max walk from the station! Upon our arrival, the staff were all so personable and made my husband and me feel so special. The lobby and public areas are charming and authentic, possessing everything that one would wish for in a London hotel. When we arrived to our room, it was even more enchanting. A suite indeed, a quaint sitting parlor complete with dining table and chairs and the bedroom with its lovely, draped canopy bed. We loved the choice of colors and rich finishes. Our large picture windows opened up to a wonderful view too! The most romantic setting for our 19 year anniversary! Absolutely exquisite! After an amazing night's sleep, we awoke renewed to a delicious breakfast delivered the next morning to our suite. I must also report that I enjoyed the very best shower/bath of our month long stay in Europe! Excellent water pressure to be had and a sweet, unique powder room indeed. We stayed a couple of unforgettable nights, which throughout the staff was at our service for each and every need, from rental bikes to directions for local eats. We were so very sad to leave for our next stop to France, but after a weekend in Paris, we learned that our flight to the US was canceled due to the Iceland Volcano. At first we were devestated, but then the realization hit that we just might be able to stay once again at the Royal Park Hotel. From Paris I called only to discover that my now favorite hotel was fully booked! Instead of booking another night in Paris, one of our very favorite cities, we took our chances and got on the plane to London. Once we arrived at Paddington, we called again pleading and fortunately for us, they just had a cancellation! We couldn't be more grateful! When we walked the few short blocks, it was if it were a true homecoming. Everyone went above and beyond to make us feel cared for and welcomed!!! It was day 31 into our trip, and after being in the CDG airport in Paris for eight hours, once we stepped into the door of the Royal we were totally and utterly renewed! That night, my husband and I had the very best evening of our entire European vacation and we cannot wait to come back home to the Royal Park Hotel!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
rph123, General Manager at The Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2010
Dear Gallerygirl1,
I wanted to pass on my sincere thanks for taking the time and trouble to write about your recent stay at with us.
I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at The Royal Park and was deeply touched by your kind words.
Please rest assured that I will forward your comments to the rest of my team who will be deeply appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Kind Regards
Sophie Zarmanian

Been to The Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!