“A marvellous breakfast room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Park Hotel

You added The Royal Park Hotel to your Saves list
The Royal Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Westbourne Terrace, Lancaster Gate, Hyde Park, London W2 3UL, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #184 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Bergen
“A marvellous breakfast room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

To find a real good affordable hotel in central London is hard work!! I do like smaller luxurious hotels, and The Royal Park Hotel seemed a good choice. The location close by Paddington station is ideal when arriving at Heathrow Airport. The reception staff was very friendly and professional and the interior in the reception, lounges and breakfast room was really nice. The breakfast room in particular was lovely. When having breakfast I felt like participating in a period drama from BBC. They also offered some sort of yoghurt/dessert, which was just fantastic.
Anything negative? We had an executive room, but it was pretty small. Because the room was situated on the top floor, it was full of light. I am not sure I would have liked a more inexpensive room on a lower floor. The girls who served breakfast seemed inexperienced and not well trained.
Given a larger room or for just half the price I would have given 5 stars, but it will end up with 4.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Royal Park hotel many times on business and several times with my wife. The hotel is a fantastic boutique hotel and the staff are professional, personal, and welcoming for both business and pleasure travelers. If you are looking for accessibility to London attractions and ease of travel to London Heathrow this is a great place to be. Proximity to Kensington Park and plenty of good restaurants is an added bonus.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurent B, General Manager at The Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely comments,
We hope to have you back soon at the Royal Park!

san juan capistrano
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here recently for four nights. Would have given the hotel the highest rating, but for a few minor(?) aspects. Was hot and air conditioning was weak, eventually got a fan. Could hear loud noises from adjoining rooms when water was turned-on, (high pitched squeal). Toilet seat was loose. Large central stain on carpet.
On the very positive side we had a nice, comfortable room on the 4th floor (404) with a view of the street in front of the hotel. We found the front desk staff, valets, dining room staff and housekeeping to be pleasant and helpful. Gabor was particularly gracious as we're the front desk people.
Continental breakfast was minimal,but fine. Did not have any other meals there so can not comment. Many restaurants nearby or just a tube ride away. TA shows the hotel to be located on Spring St, which it is not. When we came here we walked with our luggage down this street. It is on Westbourne Terrace! Taking the Heathrow express from the airport to Paddington Station was easy. Suggest getting to the hotel by walking down London St to Sussex Gardens then turn right until you reach Westbourne Terrace. Easier to carry your luggage.
The tube at Lancaster Gate is closer than at Paddington. The daily pass is £7.30 and worth it. This hotel is nicely situated and pleasant. The room we stayed-in was comfortable. Bed was comfortable with nice crisp sheets and 2 diffent pillows. Bathroom was clean with decent towels. The tub/shower combo somewhat odd and slightly difficult to enter and exit.
Would come here again. Check on any room rate specials. We got an email just before we came and got a great deal!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments and for pointing out the minor issues you encountered.
It is always very important to me and my team to be informed of our guests' perception as the first impression is always so important. I will take your comments on board and make sure we improve on these points.
I am glad everything else went well. May I just comment that we do serve food for lunch and dinner and we also have a lovely afternoon tea which has been very popular so far this summer in our prvate garden.
I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Royal Park in the near future.

Stroud, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Location: Good, less than 5 minutes to walk to Lancaster Gate, or less than 10 minute walk to paddington. Nice area, safe and quiet.

Hotel Amenities: Parking expensive - £30 per night and £25 per day. The staff were friendly enough, although a few were a little odd ;). The decor is classic in style but very old school London - which we really liked!

We had the executive double room, which was nice although the views that were advertised were absolutely rubbish. The room itself was small, but nicely furnished with a few nice extras. The bathroom was nice and clean although there were issues with the hot water one morning and the toilet made a horrible noise every time it was flushed.
The walls were also extremely thin and you could hear when the neighbours flushed their toilet, had a shower or moved around the room. On the plus side, the bed was extremely comfortable! Best night sleep in a hotel in a long time. Also free internet (but had trouble accessing it in the evening as everyone was online).

To conclude the location was great, all round it was a lovely place, but could be improved in areas to make it perfect.

Room Tip: try not to be on the bottom floor - awful view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your very valuable comments.
I am sorry the incident with our water boiler affected you on this sunday morning. It was promptly fixed by our maintenance team however I am very much aware that some of our guests were affected. I am also sorry that you were disappointed with the view from your room window. Being a townhouse hotel in the center of London, it is difficult for the surrounding not to affect the views. We always try to keep fresh and well presented flowers for the rooms with less better views.
I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Royal Park Hotel.
Please do contact me directly when you next choose to stay with us and I will personally handle your reservation.

Laurent Boutonne
lboutonne@theroyalpark.com
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel. I picked it for its proximity to travel hubs and for its reasonable price. I was very happy with my choice. The hotel is small and the Victorian decor help to make it feel quite intimate.

The hotel is very well situated for the London visitor. It is three minutes from Paddington Tube & Train station, Lancaster Gate Tube Station, and Hyde Park. The hotel is also set back from the street helping to keep it quiet.

I only had breakfast by room service, but it showed correctly up when requested. The front desk staff were quick and helpful.

Overall, it was a great experience. The Royal Park is a great alternative to other nearby hotels that are much more expensive. I would certainly stay there next time I am in London.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your lovely review and I am sure your comments will be helpful to other future visitors.
We look forward to having you back at the Royal Park soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel right from just after it opened, only missing a couple of years - I couldn't get a room and for last year, was not in London.
I have always felt it's my home away from home - I know pretty much most of the front-line staff, and have always been made really comfortable.
I booked through Aurelie, and my main contact on this stay was Marketa. It is always a treat to see Rani - and took advantage of the champagne and hor d'oevres in the eveing in the lovely garden! A must! Chris the doorman when I was there was always helpful as was Mark - the front office manager.
This time, I came off a long flight, got in a bit early, and they found me a room so I could have a couple of hours sleep before I had to head out. The air conditioning was so welcome, as London was really hot it was in the middle of a heatwave.
St Mary's is just up the road, so we were all awaiting news of the birth of William and Kate's baby. I went up to have a look and soak up the atmosphere.
This time, I actually had 2 separate stays - the second time, I stayed in the 4 poster bed suite - glorious - I could stay there for most of my stay.
What did I get? Awesome space, bathrobes and comfy slippers, welcome biscuits (cookies), flat screen TV's (2!) luxurious sheets, covers and towels, iPod dock/alarm. The bathroom and toiletries are super nice. The suite had a balcony too - nice feature.
When my sister and kids came to visit me, we arranged parking through Marketa - super easy!
Another great thing about the hotel is it's location - really quiet area, even with Paddington nearby, so you have access to all kinds of things within a 5 min walk. And Lancaster Gate station is close by too.
I just love staying there, and it keeps getting better.

Room Tip: I've always relied on the staff to give me a good room - and they've come through every time...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This review is long over due. We have stayed three times at the Royal Park (July 2008, 2010, 2012). Always a wonderful experience. All three times we arrived early and rooms were not yet ready but we left our bags with the front desk team and ventured out to explore. Rooms are large. Most have a large bathroom, sitting area, and bedroom. They have a safe deposit box in the rooms, fresh baked cookies in your room when you arrive back in the afternoons. They also do a little happy hour in the evenings. Concierge is very helpful with car services and reservations and restaurant recs. Location is perfect, close to Paddington and also Lancastergate. We used Lancastergate more than Paddington. Also close walk to wonderful restaurants and small grocers, there is a wonderful restaurant/bakery nearby that has a nice wine selection (take away).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!