“Fabulous location and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #330 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Boston
“Fabulous location and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

We simply cannot say enough about the Marriot Grosvenor Square. Located ideally -- across from the American and Canadian Embassies, three blocks from Bond Street station, Hyde Park, or the Connaught, and a short walk to Berkeley Square, Buckingham Palace, and Saville Row. Beautiful new renovated tooms (on 3d and 6th floor as of April 09), and a very nicely appointed club room with good food throughout the day. Most importantly, the concierges were among the best we have experienced. They searched for, and found, just the right restaurants for us (not easy with two kids under 10 but still a desire to eat well); they even found us a very good French restaurant that was not outlandandishly expensive by calling their colleagues at other hotels. Wonderful all around.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

We went to the Marriott London Grosvenor Square with our 4 year old son for a long w/e. Location is amazing; just off Oxford street, close to BOnd street tube station, walking distance to bus stops and Selfridges. The room they gave us (Superior I think) was absolutely fantastic, HUGE for London standards (in a previous stay we were appointed a tiny small room where we could hardly fit our luggage and cot bed) and decoration was new and very nice. It was on the 4th floor overlooking the hotel open terrace. For breakfast we had access to the business lounge; business lounge was very pleasant with internet access, pc, newspapers, magazines, quite small and intimate. They also served a breakfast there which had a small selection indeed but wasn't too bad; I must admit that they could do better there but it was truly ok (they had coffee, tea, juices, scrubbled eggs, some cheese and cereals and fresh fruit).
If I need to go back to London, I would definitely go back there!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Little Silver, new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

We stayed for 7 nights and I can't say enough about this hotel. The location,ambiance, friendly staff and being close to transit all made for an ideal stay. Three of us in a double room and it was big enough for all. A tip-choose to pay for the use of the executive lounge.
It's worth it! Food galore and the best capuccino machine around.
This was our first trip to London and the hotel added to a memorable experience. I've traveled much for bothbusiness and pleasure, this hotel ranks quite high for the value you get for the price.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

My husband, 10 year old son and I just returned from a 5 day trip to London. We stayed 4 nights at the Marriott Grosvenor Square and couldn't have been more pleased. We had a room on the third floor, which we were told had been renovated fairly recently. The room had two comfortable double beds, enough space so that we weren't tripping on each other, and a nicely appointed bathroom with a good shower. It was very clean, pleasant and comfortable. All the staff we dealt with were friendly, pleasant and helpful, particularly the concierge. The location was great too. It was an easy 3 minute walk to the nearest underground station (Bond St.) and walking distance to lots of great shopping and restaurants. The area felt very safe to walk around in, day or night. We got a pretty good deal on our room (about $300/night) and would happily go back.

Riffa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

very nice easter holiday, i stayed with the children in a newly renovated room
the bathroom was not renovated at the floor level as it shows in the photo included, quiet and close to everything in the city of london.
has access to lounge club with brekfast and snacks all day.
it is a 5*

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

I decided to stay at this hotel after attending a conference in London and staying at the Crowne Plaza St. James (see separate review). My friend and I wanted just a few extra days in London before leaving to see some sights. I was not pleased with the first hotel I stayed in so I was really looking forward to moving here. My first experience was not that great. I went to check-in and was told they could not find my reservation. The lady who was helping me did not at all seemed concerned. When I asked if there was internet in the lobby so I could pull up my reservation on my laptop I was told it'd be 5 pounds! Finally she gave me a slip to go down to the business center so I could look it up. I went down to print it out and by the time I got up somehow they had mysteriously found it. It was just a little odd.

The room itself was nice - I was in room 308 with two double beds and a nice view of the Grosvenor Square. The room had been recently updated and was beautiful - nice, comfy beds and very clean. The room and especially the bathroom was on the small side but nicely appointed with marble, dark wood finishes, and good amenities.

The location was great too - we were very close to the Bond Street tube station, Oxford Street, Hyde Park, Bond Street - I would say if you are in London to do some shopping this would probably be a great place for you to stay. It's definitely a very crowded area but that also means lots of stores and restaurants nearby. We did not eat at the restaurant. I peeked into the gym - very small, nothing special. They did have wireless internet but it was 15 pounds a night which is very pricey. The "business center" was just a tiny room with two desktop computers and a printer - so I would say this not a business friendly hotel.

Overall though it was a nice hotel with a good location, but the staff is where they could improve - it was one of those places where if you walked up to the front desk or concierge, you had to be the first one to actually speak - they didn't exactly go out of there way to help you. If I stayed in London again, I think I'd try another place.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

The hotel location was great and the beds were fabulous but everything else fell down the wayside. The service was very poor and they failed to meet my requests on every occasion. They advertise fridges being available for your room but there weren't any it took 2 hours and 4 attempts to get some ice in the room and on the last attempt the receptionist finally had the common sense to tell me that there was an ice mackine that you could go to. There is no bed and breakfast option as the only bar and restaurant are franchised out to Gordon Ramsay so unless you want to pay over £20 each for breakfast you have to eat out which quite frankly I find unacceptable especially when I asked for a bnb rate at the time of booking. We only drank once in the bar as one glass of wine and one bottle of lager was a rediculously stupid £17 with an expected 12.5% service charge. You expect London charges to be a bit OTT but this hotel is taking the michael. The bedroom was nice but the bathroom was very small and dingy with a tiny bath.

Oh and they wanted £15 to use wifi its about time Marriott came in line with the rest of the world with free wifi. WEhen you pay these room prices you dont expect to be ripped off with everything.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott London Grosvenor Square Hotel? Share your experiences!