The location, outside aspect, corridors and lobby areas are fine - maybe even smart
The room was pretty poor by any standards - I have attached some images to show you and to be honest they look better than the real thing
1. the room smelled foisty - wondered why the window was open wide on arrival
2. the décor was in the style of 'tired' or 'shabby - not chic'
3. the view from the loo was of a grubby bin, filled holes in the tiles where 1980s fittings had been updated, nails holding the architrave on, grubby much patched grouting
4. you could clearly hear the conversation of the guests next door, luckily we retired at different times
5. the aircon/heating was decommissioned and replaced by an electric oil filled radiator (and open window combo)
6. the original sink plug mechanism had long broken and been replaced with a 99p rubber plug on a chain leaving a very grubby large hole where it used to be. You could lose a tooth brush down there let alone a ring
7. the doors had fallen off the cupboard, which had been made into a shelf by popping some filler in the hinge screw holes
Do you get the idea, I could go on
The breakfast was very average (British for not good). The bacon was particularly difficult to cut with the knives supplied so I left it, or at least it was bacon shaped.
This is an expensive area, the location is ideal but you will find better. We didn't complain as this trip was a birthday gift from my wife, that would be darn right rude.
Choose another - WELL short of reasonable for price and location...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Lane Mews Hotel is located in the prestigious Mayfair district, within a short walking distance of the very picturesque Hyde Park adjacent to Park Lane. This 4 star desirable hotel in Central London is within minutes walk to Knightsbridge, Oxford Street, Green Park, Piccadilly, Buckingham Palace, Regents Street and Hyde Park, the heart of London is truly on your doorstep! This 4 star property offers the charm of a traditional boutique hotel with the modern facilities required by today’s most discerning guest. In addition to the comfortable rooms and suites, the hotel also boasts a spacious conference room for meetings and private functions. Dine in our Stanhope Restaurant or simply relax in the Lounge; our dedicated staff look forward to welcoming you to The Park Lane Mews Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Park Lane Mews Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Lane Mews London
- Hotel Park Lane Mews
- Park Lane Mews Hotel London, England