“Rooms need totally refurbishing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Park Lane Mews Hotel

You added Park Lane Mews Hotel to your Saves list
Park Lane Mews Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Stanhope Row | Park Lane, London W1J 7BS, England (Mayfair)   |
Ranked #634 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Isle of Man
“Rooms need totally refurbishing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

The WIFI was hopeless, the speed was non existent, the breakfast hot buffet was empty at 9.30. The room was tiny, tired and the bed very uncomfortable and the carpets worm, furniture has splinters all over the place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Just to make you aware we offer complimentary Wi-Fi and the majority of time the speed is more than efficient enough to deal with your day to day emails and surfing the internet. We do not accept any payment for the Wi-Fi which in most cases serve the needs of most of our guests however, apologies if you felt the speed wasn't up to your expectations.

The Hotel prides itself on offering value for money in the heart of London. You will be hard pressed to find this type of accommodation within the Mayfair area. May I suggest if you do decide to stay with us again to pay a little extra and reserve an executive room which I am sure will find comfortable and refreshing.

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Raj Chana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed there from Sunday over to Monday, the location is second to none. A 5 minute walk away from Green Park tube and then you're on your way. Stayed here to go and see The Jersey Boys and we were only 3 stops away on the tube. The room was slightly on the small side but clean and my wife liked the shabby chic decor and the curtains (although the shabby chic is becoming just shabby now, a return is underway I think and it's probably overdue). We we were staying in room 311 at the rear and it looks out along Shepherd Street. You can see one of the mews houses which belongs to Stirling Moss (the one with the balcony that has classic racing cars etched on the balcony glass), and the pub further down the road which is decorated so Christmassy it could be something out of Dickens, is where Wendy Richards out of EastEnders used to live above. The bed was comfy and the television large, wardrobes and cupboards provide plenty of storage space. But (and this is a big but), the shower didn't work properly and probably not safe - it was either lava setting on number 7 or no water at all. The dial on the shower to reduce the temperature of the water simply turned the water off - I think it was too hot to use because we simply could not use it, it was unsafe because it could have burned us. I reported it to reception and admittedly they did offer to send someone up, but it was quite clearly a fault so I'm not sure what could have been done and by then we'd had to have a cobbled together a bath (we had to hurry to get down for breakfast), which was not ideal for me because I have epilepsy and I don't have baths. Breakfast was good, the cooked breakfast was very good, very tasty - but......... there were three food containers heated from underneath by Liquid Chafing Fuel. Well at least two of the three were, one of the containers only had one tin underneath and that had burned down. Which meant my cooked breakfast was hot except the sausages and bacon which were just warm. The guy who checked underneath the food containers, must've checked on the underneath of these food containers two or three times, but made no effort or attempt to replace the warmers under the sausages and bacon. And what's more, when breakfast had ended at 10am when people were still coming down, he blew the flames out of the Liquid Chaffing Fuel, and I could clearly see clouds of spray or mist coming up from the fuel and settling on the food - he'd left all the lids open and the fuel settled on the food. And people came afterwards and helped themselves from this food with the fuel on - eww! Despite the fault with the shower and the sloppy attitude towards the food, I would have felt churlish to give this hotel 3 stars because the room was comfortable, it was excellent value for money being on special offer of the week on another website, and its location is excellent - the back street really is so quiet and it's so close to the tube. I would have still given this hotel 4 stars if it was not for the following - I took my wife to London to see The Jersey Boys as a special surprise as it had been her birthday the day before on the Saturday - it was a total surprise for her. When we left the hotel we didn't realise that my wife had left a pink satin coat hanger that she'd had her party dress on from the Saturday. She is absolutely gutted because she'd had this coat hanger for 40 years and while it might sound silly, it does have a certain sentimental value to her - it wouldn't mean much to anyone else, but it means a lot to her. I have just called the hotel to explain this and I spoke to someone who gave me the impression he could not care less if he tried, and that is hugely disappointing. Although I received thanks when I pointed out the fault with the shower, I can't help but feel another hotel would have offered to knock something off the bill, not at all what I was looking for admittedly but the gesture would have been welcome. And the lack of interest in taking something seriously as I explained the coat hanger means something to my wife is disappointing, I wasn't expecting him to break into tears at the news or anything, but I was expecting a response better than just beung told to call back in the morning to see if it had been handed in to lost property - seriously?! So all in all a very very mixed review of this hotel indeed and I cannot in all good conscience give more than 3 stars under the circumstances.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. After reading your lengthy review I wish to apologise on behalf of the hotel for any inconvenience caused to you and your wife during your stay.

Over the period of your stay our hotel was extremely busy and most guests tend to arrive early to avoid disappointment. After speaking to the Restaurant Manager he confirmed that he ushered you to your table and made you aware that breakfast was due to end shortly however, if there was anything required that we would have it made on request.

Whilst we appreciate that you may have seen other guests help themselves to the buffet, we can assure you that this was after 10 o'clock and technically breakfast was officially closed. We have always in the past received good reviews in regards our breakfast and we will certainly take on board the points that you have highlighted.

In regards to your room our Maintenance Engineer has checked over the shower and we can confirm that the shower unit comes with a built in thermostat which controls the temperature of the water. We have tested the shower and we can confirm that the water temperature is correctly working as well as the pressure. We can only assume that the thermostat was high which would have produced slightly less pressure.

Lastly in regards to your wife's sentimental hanger, we apologise if you felt that the staff were not sympathetic to your loss. The query was raised to the Housekeeping department however no such hanger was reported to lost property. Please pass on my apologies to your wife in regards to this matter.

We would like to also take the opportunity to thank you for the positive comments that you have made throughout your review. We will take all your feedback into consideration to enhance our service and product.

We hope in the future that you will consider staying at the Hotel once again and we will do our utmost to ensure that you will be satisfied with your stay.

Best regards,

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed here a few days on one of my frequent trips to London. Due to a conference raking place at nearby Lancaster House everything was booked or the prices were prohibitively expensive. I love this area in Mayfair and the restaurants that are around there in Shepherd Market so I always try to stay in this area. This is not really a business traveler's hotel - the wifi didn't really work in the room had to go to the lobby), there was nowhere to print anything, and the day I checked out the computer system was down .

The front desk staff were fine - I wouldn't give them any awards for effusiveness, but they were competent and efficient.

This wouldn't be my first choice for this neighborhood, but the location is good and the price was right so you can't go wrong if you need a no frills place to stay for a decent price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting review, your feedback is appreciated.

I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with your stay and that you enjoyed the surrounding area.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed 1 night in this hotel and it will never be the last. Our stay is very comfortable. The location of the hotel is excellent. There are plenty of restaurant nearby just off shepherds market street. The price of the room is much better than the hotel nearby, and the fact that this hotel is located in Mayfair.
The staff are very friendly and charming especially Glenn. He made our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The breakfast is excellent for the price of £9.95. A very good selection of cold and hot food (buffet).
Over all, our experience in this hotel is excellent!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Johnathon S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a positive review.

Everything you have highlighted is exactly what the team strive for on a daily basis and I know they work hard to exceed our guests' expectation.

Thank you for the great review, and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back.

Pontlliw, Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The current average rating for this hotel seems very low in comparison with our experience. My wife and I stayed there recently and from check-in to check-out it was difficult to fault. The receptionist (I think her name was Katalina) was cheerful, friendly and very welcoming. The room was clean, comfortable and very quiet at night (which was a pleasant surprise given the hotel's location in the centre of London). Our room had both supplementary heating and an air-conditioning unit which is unusual in London but extremely useful given the very variable climate! We didn't make use of the bar or lounge facilities as we were visiting our daughter and were out for most of the time but everything looked comfortable and cosy. We will most definitely stay there again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to read that your check-in and check-out process went smoothly, we pride ourselves in providing a swift and adequate service to all our guests. When I read that you were satisfied with the service, location and room I was delighted.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Katalin and the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you to stay with us again.

All the best,

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed at this "out of the way" oasis,in the middle of Mayfair and on top of shepherds market for the second time this year. Great location. Quality rooms at sensible price but most of all, Staff that want to make your stay fun and relaxed.I rate this location. Try it and enjoy.

Dear Valued Guest,

It was a delight to read that you were satisfied with your stay, once again it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

I will no doubt pass on your kind words onto the rest of the team.

We hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future. I hope your next stay is as good as the last.

Seasonal greetings and many thanks!

Regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Sometimes you just need a nice room near to where you need to be, and you'd prefer not to pay over the top for it. That' why I'm glad I found the Park Lane Mews Hotel. It's right in Mayfair, nestled in behind some of the great hotels of London, where you'd be paying twice as much. This trip, I just needed a place to lay my head for the night- I arrived after eight, scooted off to a function, and left at seven the next morning.

This hotel is just the place for this type of trip. The entry is welcoming, and the staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are on the small side, but are well appointed, clean and comfortable. The bathroom I had was one of the smallest i've seen, but it was clean and tidy, and for the time I was there this was not a problem.

I didn't have time to try the breakfast, but I will next time, for I am certain to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PLMHGeneralManager, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on TripAdvisor. I’m glad you feel that you got value for your money and that you were satisfied with your overall stay.

It was a pleasure to read that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I am sorry you found the bathroom to be small, being centrally located space is limited.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

(General Manager)

Been to Park Lane Mews Hotel? Share your experiences!