“Time for Management to wake up” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Park Lane Mews Hotel

You added Park Lane Mews Hotel to your Saves list
Park Lane Mews Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Stanhope Row | Park Lane, London W1J 7BS, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Ranked #655 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Lancashire, England
“Time for Management to wake up”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Have stayed in this hotel on several occasions during the past 30 years - obviously during that time there has been a few changes in management.
Location and staff (some staff) are 2nd to none as is the cleanliness of the Hotel / rooms.
However, having read through numerous of the previous reviews on this site and others, it is clear from the responses given by the Management that they are stuck in a time warp.
Hello this is 2012 and whilst circa £250 per room per night might not be a lot to some people, trust me for the majority of guests it is.
In exchange for taking this level of money from guests it is not unreasonable to expect rooms finished and decorated to a high standard. I could list everything that in my opinion was poor but those areas have already been well documented previously.
Location, size of rooms etc is what it is and yes nothing can be done about that, and no amount of top quality customer service can make up for poor quality bedrooms. Even the so called budget chain of hotels offer accommodation superior to this.
Come on Mr Chana wake up - yes your staff work extremely hard and most of the time are getting it right, but it is high time the company put its hands deep into the pockets and completed a refurbishment.
Sadly I will not be returning until something has been done.

Room Tip: One not at the front of the Hotel, unless you wish to get up at 6 am every morning.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMTophams, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review, we at the Hotel take all reviews very seriously. We are of course most sorry you were dissatisfied with your stay however I do feel that the some of the comments made are unjustified and inaccurate.

With regards to your comments about the cleanliness of the Hotel I was delighted to read that you felt the cleanliness of the Hotel/ rooms are “second to none”. Our Maintenance and Housekeeping team work diligently and tirelessly around the clock to ensure that the rooms are not only cleaned to the highest standard but to make sure all the facilities within the rooms is and are in good working order.

Your comment about being ‘stuck in a time warp’ I feel is unfair. As mentioned previously on this travel site the refurbishment of the rooms of the Hotel is ongoing and we hope to move forward with this program in 2013 as we have already completed the Reception, Lobby, Restaurant and 1st floor rooms.

We apologise that you were disappointed with your stay and we hope you will have a change of mind and return to The Park Lane Mews Hotel where we hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Raj Chana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

4 adults and 2 kids stayed for saturday night , First impression is of a smart reception but a second look shows stained carpets and upholstery. Friendly enough staff but when you get to your room it changes. Torn wallpaper , non flushing loo (had to fix it myself) , no central heating - only an oil radiator, very little in the bathroom - tiny little bottle of shampoo , very tired furniture and carpets. Very small rooms. Considering the cost of these rooms we could only assume that the location meant everything. Hundreds of £'s per night for each room and you don't even get breakfast !
Lastly , don't eat in , the food could best be described as basic pub food , half my chips weren't cooked and my partner left her risotto -like glue.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Peter R,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I was disappointed to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations, and I regret that we did not learn of your feedback during your stay thus making it more comfortable. I have shared your constructive comments with the team.

On a more positive note, I was delighted to read that you found the staff to be friendly.

We hope you decide to stay with us again in the near future.

Utrecht, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed there 1 night as it was close to Hilton where I attended an event. For the money paid I was expecting something much better. Good impression of reception area and lobby bar. However, the room... I'm not native English speaker, I don't know what is smaller than "tiny", but room was smaller than I would describe as tiny. I had a suitcase and I had no place to put it where it wouldn't be on my way. Heating system didn't work, so, they had there a little heater. I felt uncomfortable to sleep with it switched on, and therefore felt cold at night.
Bathroom was clean, but still very very small.
One of the lamp didn't work and therefore it was dark where the only one mirror in the room. A disaster for a woman!

Breakfast was okey, but still not good value for the money paid.
Overall, highly overpriced, poor quality hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us, I was happy to read that you found the reception area and lobby bar impressionable and the bathroom clean.

I was disappointed to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations and have shared your comments with the team in order to rectify the issues you have presented.

Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at that hotel from 06.11.2012 till 09.11.2012
Unfortunately we obliged to book at that hotel due to other hotels unavailability
- The hotel is too expensive 275.00 £ per night on Room Only basis
- Very old hotel and very narrow rooms
- Too noisy when everyone closing his room door you feel like a bomb
- The bed is not comfortable at all
- 14 TV Channels (OVER ALL WORKING 04 OR 05 Channels)
- I had to press the plugs every time work (in the iron machine)
- The picture I added shows how tragedy is that hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
GMTophams, General Manager at Park Lane Mews Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting a review. We at the Hotel take all reviews very seriously and we will no doubt investigate your concerns.

Firstly, I would like to take start by saying that due to The World Travel Market, London hotels were very expensive over the period of your stay, I can assure you all the Hotels within the Mayfair area were selling well over £300 within that particular week.

Secondly, all our rooms may appear to be small for a minority of our guests however I am sure that you would appreciate space within Central London is very limited and we feel that our rooms provide all the facilities to make the guest’s stay comfortable as possible.

We will look into your point in regards to the TV channels and no doubt our Maintenance department will investigate the door closers.

In regards to your comment about the iron there may have been an issue on how to operate it correctly which may have caused you some confusion and we apologize for this. If these complaints were highlighted during your stay I am sure our friendly staff would have assisted you as best as possible.

We hope that you decide to stay with us again in the future.

Lichfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here as we were going to a do at the Grovenor Hotel. The location was great and we were delighted as we only had to walk around the corner.
The check in was ok but once in our room we were a little disappointed as we had booked a king size delux room at £199.00. The room was very tired and in need of some TLC. The bed was two singles pushed together so you could not spread out... unless you fell down the middle.
It is directly behind the Hilton on Park Lane, so be prepared as you get the deliveries none stop from 6am in the morning and you do not get any further sleep as the noise is to great.
Breakfast was help yourself, with very little for vegetarians (which I am) but I would not say that was any different to most hotels.
On check out we told the gentleman on reception of our compliants and he said the bed should have been a kingsize (but it wasnt) and yes they were aware of the noise!
In all good location... but lacking in the hotel rooms.
If you are going for a romantic break... look elsewhere. If you are going for business and need the location and a 6am wake up call.. this is the hotel for you.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to post a review. Our Hotel rooms have been described as ‘European sized’ and we feel they are adequate to make our guests feel comfortable. We do have plans for the future to refurbish our rooms however this is still at the early stages of production.

For the rate of £199 we feel that the Hotel offers value for money and good service.

We have taken your comment in regards to the breakfast on board however I must stress that we do cater for vegetarians and I am sorry that you were not satisfied with this service.

Finally, in regards to deliveries I am sure you will understand that we cannot be responsible for deliveries. We feel whilst it is not convenient it is not within our control, we have in the past requested delivery times be changed but this was to no avail.

Referring to the bed situation, we apologise for any discomfort caused however these are traditional zip beds that are used throughout the Hotel industry and we have not had any complaints in the past.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had an Executive King Deluxe room for 3 nights. Room was a small and looked like standard (probably they even gave us a standard room and charged for an executive king deluxe). Bed was unconfortable, low quality beddings. The bathroom was clean though.

Room Tip: Better choose Hilton nearby
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

On behalf of The Park Mews Hotel team we apologise for any inconvenience caused and we can assure you that you were given an Executive King Deluxe. We must point out that by Central London standards the room sizes are more than adequate.

We have never received any complaints about our bed linen, bed linen is supplied to us by a recognised hotel supplier however we apologise for any discomfort caused.

We hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I just stayed three nights at the Park Lane Mews with my husband and infant daughter. The location was great, central to the Green Park and Hyde Park tube stations, as well as a quick walk to Soho and Oxford Street. The rooms were tiny, however, and some are quite outdated (we were moved so I saw two different ones, both small). It wasn't ideal with a baby, but then again, we weren't staying in London to spend all our time at the hotel. The breakfasts (10 Pounds) if you book in advance were good and the waitstaff were friendly and helpful. The front desk staff, however, were hit or miss. Two were incredibly unhelpful as one might expect a London hotelier to be, others were incredibly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to convey your comments, we take all complaints very seriously.

We at the Hotel feel that we offer value for money with a great location. There may be a number of rooms that are suffering from a few wear and tear issues however we can assure you that our rooms have convenient facilities and are adequate for our guests to have a comfortable stay.

In reference to your room comments we can only apologise and I would concur that if you have an infant baby, the rooms may not be the ideal size however I am sure you will agree that our friendly staff tried to accommodate you as best as possible.

Raj Chana

Been to Park Lane Mews Hotel? Share your experiences!