“Average hotel - smal rooms - great breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #528 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Haugesund, Norway
“Average hotel - smal rooms - great breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel is smal and so are the rooms, at least the one I had.
Seamed to be newly renovated, and a plus for a nice (but smal) bathroom.

Altogether an ok hotel with a very nice breakfast with a chef who makes omlets/eggs etc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Parag S, Manager at Hilton London Green Park, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Hilton London Green Park for your recent stay. We indeed have varying sizes of rooms and the deluxe rooms are certainly more spacious that the standard ones. Thank you very much for acknowledging the fantastic breakfast offerings made available by our world class chefs. I look forward to welcome you back and would be happy to introduce you to the different categories of rooms that we have.

Parag Sawhney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I spent last weekend at the Green Park Hilton. We arrived prior to our check-in time but were promptly and efficiently dealt with. We stayed in a king deluxe room which was nicely furnished and very clean, overlooking the front of the hotel; it was extremely comfortable. The hotel is very well situated being close to many attractions, shops and restaurants. Some other reviews mention the tired decor in the corridors and noise from other rooms, these were the only two faults we could find (we purchased some ear plugs and that solved the noise problem!). Breakfast was excellent, as were the lovely cocktails served at the bar. Last year we stopped at the Park Lane Hilton, the Green Park is not quite as "special". However, the staff were exceptional and welcoming which was lovely. We had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Parag S, Manager at Hilton London Green Park, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us. I would also like to thank you for recognising the hard work that every single team member puts in to ensure that our guests experience a very high class of service. On a different note, please accept my sincere apologies for experiencing noise disturbance during your stay. May I kindly request you to contact me prior to your future arrival and I will personally ensure that you will be allocated a quiet room. We all are looking forward to welcome you back.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I was in London for a couple nights on business. I chose to stay at this Hilton because it was centrally located and it was a good price. I thought to myself, it's a Hilton so it can't be bad. When I arrived I was surprised with how charming the hotel lobby and bar area were. Reminded me of a small boutique hotel. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. You could tell they were trying to make me feel welcome...and that continued throughout my stay.

When I opened the door to my small room, I was a bit taken aback. First by the size of the room, it was small...smaller than I expected for single bed. But even that was ok. It was the stained carpet and dirty walls that surprised me. A little more care on this point and this would have been a excellent experience.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton London Green Park. I understand that this was your first experience with us and hope that you will give me and my team many such opportunities to welcome you back soon. We have varying sizes of rooms and indeed a small proportion of our inventory is single rooms. Please rest assured as I have briefed my maintenance and housekeeping team and corrective actions are now in place. I look forward to welcome to back for a seamless experience in the near future.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We arrived at the hotel very late in a Friday or well, it was already Saturday. We were given a room in the ground floor and it was really noisy, it was just behind the reception and also the lifts so I really couldn’t sleep much. I had to call to the front desk at around 7 in the morning to see if they could do something about the noise but still we heard everything and it was impossible to sleep any more.
I asked them to change our room because the noisy was just too unbearable and they did, still in the ground floor as they said they have no room available in another floor. The new room was not noisy but the bed was much smaller that the one in the previous room. I think this was really a single room and not a double but we were just for a weekend and decided to just let it go. So, in my experience the hotel is not great in some aspects but the location is just perfect and also it is a clean hotel with nice and comfortable rooms (taking apart the noise and the small bed) and taking in consideration what you get in London for the same prices we paid here I may actually go back. I will just not accept that noisy room again!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us. I would like to unreservedly apologise for your part satisfactory experience due to noise disturbance. May I kindly request you to contact me directly with respect to your future stays and I will personally ensure that you are allocated a room that will suit all your preferences. I keenly look forward to welcome you back for a pleasant stay.

south carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great location! Walk everywhere! The room was very nice! The breakfast was excellent! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here! Staff was friendly and helpful. Parking was a problem, but I guess its a problem everywhere in London. The parking garage associated with this hotel was several blocks away, which was inconvenient, but it would not deter us from coming back!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Parag S, Manager at Hilton London Green Park, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton London Green Park and taking the time to post your review. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and it is an area that we repeatedly train our team members on. We indeed look forward to welcome you back for yet another pleasant experience.

Oakville, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Good location near the Green Park station. The hotel is clean and the staff is wonderful. No free wifi for non-gold HH members. However, they did help us check in and print the boarding passes.

The room, for $280, was very disappointing. Small, even by European standards. Very few amenities, and very old. There was no view at all. And the mattress was sure as heck not a Sweet Sleeper. One of the "firmest" mattresses I have slept on.

The shower barely worked and set off the smoke detector when I used it. That sent security to the room while the phone rang and I was still wet in the shower. It was more fun than I had wanted to have at midnight.

For $140 this is an OK hotel in London. But for almost $300, it was quite disappointing.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. It is our ongoing effort to provide a very high level of service throughout the hotel in order to deliver a pleasant and hassle free stay. Please rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the teams so that we can focus our attention on the areas highlighted for improvement. I do hope that despite your partial satisfaction on this occasion we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Newton Le Willows, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed overnight on a business trip and chose this hotel mainly due to its location. Its a real nice place, the staff are all very attentive and friendly, rooms tpo quality as you would expect from a Hilton and the area is clean, vibrant and easy to get to. The food was excellent quality and not too expensive. My only critisism was that I took a ground floor room at the front of the hotel, it was about 2 ft from the window to pavement outside and at peak times was quite noisy. Nothing too bad though andf it didnt spoil my enjoyment.

Room Tip: select a room above ground floor level
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We would like to thank you for highlighting the professionalism and helpfulness of our team members, it just reconfirms our pride for the high level of personalised service that the team strives for consistently. We look forward to welcome you back home in the near future.

Parag Sawhney

Been to Hilton London Green Park? Share your experiences!